RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Hmm. Yang's pushing Ruby and Weiss together while getting right up in Blake's personal space. Secret White Rose & BumbleBY shipper? Ruby seems to enjoy it, at least.

Weiss, stretch out the shirt when you display it, like Ruby does.

Otherwise you risk too many snide comments about being a literal billboard.

Also, Blake is adorable.

* The gouge that Arslan carved... liquid? But the ground is too solid to be such a thin layer over liquid, and I've already dismissed REAL molten rock as simply too dangerous even for Aura. Given the glowing red crystals sprouting from the ground, I assume the glowing stuff under the surface is more of the same -- solid glowing crystal. Fire Dust?

* Yang REALLY isn't at home on the ice. Arslan apparently got tired of failing to overpower Yang, and changed the battlefield to one more advantageous.
you missed the tiny cord that arslan extended from her feet to trip yang.

Interesting, apparently Vytal isn't the big continent in which Vale and Vacuo are situated, but an island on the ocean between Vale and Atlas, which IIRC retcons what Monty said.

Also the super stadium can apparently travel from one continent to another, so what, is it dismantled and shipped to the kingdom housing the festival to be assembled, or can this thing actually float or even fucking fly? Since Mounty was a big fan of FF, the later is very possible due to the massive Balamb Garden vibes it would give!

Oh yeah and an interesting possible typo: the festival is supposed to be bi-annual, yet on the poster it's stated to be the "40th annual Vytal Festival Tournament". :whistle:

Last edited:
Also the super stadium can apparently travel from one continent to another, so what, is it dismantled and shipped to the kingdom housing the festival to be assembled, or can this thing actually float or even fucking fly? Since Mounty was a big fan of FF, the later is very possible due to the massive Balamb Garden vibes it would give!
Pretty sure it flies.

"May we never stray from that path..."

So, who's up for the world war plotline in season 4?
Yeah, I too got a big foreboding vibe from that line. With all these Altesian eobots assuring the festival's security, if what Cinder uploaded was a virus to control said robots, that would be the perfect opportunity for a false flag operation to start a war. (or at least a huge diplomatic incident)

Dev said in the steam thread there would be single player, yeah. I'll see if I can dig it up real quick.

Edit: Ah, not exactly what I remembered but:

Skilltacular [developer] 16 hours ago
Originally posted by Selivold:
Hopefully this is a dumb question... the info mentions 4 player co-op, but is single player still an option?
Absolutely. Details on that wiwll be coming soon.

Last edited:
I still felt kind of weirded by Yang's playstyle. Whereas everyone else plays like a mix of Dynasty Warrior and Kingdom Hearts, she plays like an Asura's Wrath character. Which... is totally appropriate for her. It does make me wonder about players other than the RWBY team members.

I still felt kind of weirded by Yang's playstyle. Whereas everyone else plays like a mix of Dynasty Warrior and Kingdom Hearts, she plays like an Asura's Wrath character. Which... is totally appropriate for her. It does make me wonder about players other than the RWBY team members.

I have come from the future to give you the exclusive preview of the JNPR expansion!

Building on the success of Yangs playstyle, each member of the team has drawn inspiration from a variety of sources to vastly increase play time.

Ren plays like Metal Gear, a giving Grim Eclipse a true stealth based character!
Nora of course is whackamole !
Jaune plays like I wanna be the guy! If you can actually manage to finish the first level as him, send us a picture because we couldn't do it!
Pyrrha is only unlocked after you finish the game on Jaune mode.

Back