RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Even if Madame had adopted Cinder, she'd be her adoptive mother, not a step-mom. (also, Summer would be Yang's step-mom, but Ruby's actual mom.)

Sure as shit didn't feel that way reading the 2016 Dem primary threads. >.< Maybe the general mood has shifted in the years since then, but I had noped out of the politics sections by then.
It hasn't. The leftists and the communists just happen to be disproportionately large minorities.

Last edited:
@ShuraNoDougai still not the thread for this.

So, anyways, after everyone died from divine intervention how did the planet repopulate again? Was there a bunch of people offscreen it missed?

Considering they only nuked humans, and didn't even disturb the infrastructure half the time I don't think it was that much of a reset.

Two million if they could start from bonobos or chimps or something, more like a few hundred million if you ascribe the GoL something akin to work ethic.

Well, you have to account for the rise of Faunus, as well, which is why I wonder if Salem created new humanity and Faunus were an outgrowth of the same process.

It is always strange to me that people think the Salem managed to create humans with her magic. At best she can modify Grimm by giving them Custom Skins and that is far away from creating humans in my opinion. Best theory I can think of is that the ashes (literal) of humanity eventually gave rise to new humanity through either Gods (the brothers or a new one) or leftover magic that caused a chain reaction and the brothers decided to capitalize on that.

Because 1.0 magic is never explained or codified and the sheer breadth of effects Oz has achieved means we don't actually know what it can and can't do, combined with the fact that Salem is probably better at the high end theory side, means that there's all sorts of possibilities.

Because 1.0 magic is never explained or codified and the sheer breadth of effects Oz has achieved means we don't actually know what it can and can't do, combined with the fact that Salem is probably better at the high end theory side, means that there's all sorts of possibilities.
And the closest thing we get to 1.0 magic barely gets used beyond elements.

So one minor Pet peeve I have is at least 50s of the time there's a cool piece of fan art with blake the artist goes with a skin tone at least a shade darker which ends up feeling kinda ich to me.
Well, you have to account for the rise of Faunus, as well, which is why I wonder if Salem created new humanity and Faunus were an outgrowth of the same process.
That makes no sense with what we know. Like she created humans then decided to live in a hut till ozpin showed up and then she decided she wants to be god?

Back