RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Ironwood discourse is old and boring. Let's have some Harriet discourse!

Namely, through volume 8, there's a wonderful disconnect between her body language when something horrible happens, and her actions once she has time to justify it to herself. There's the scene with Sleet where the camera focuses on her, but also later on with Marrow confronting Ironwood. She's so damn tense and ready to jump Ironwood after Winter puts Marrow on the ground. It's only once she has time to justify things with 'the children are just being selfish' and such that she actually falls back into line again.

To that first part of that post,
"It's just that RWBY's point is the soldiers' actions as individuals is more important (and one might say, moral) than their actions as order-following soldiers; their identity as human/faunus is more important than their roles as cogs in the military machine. They find resolution in disobedience and defection, not in servitude in the army. And in that RWBY shows they care about soldiers as people quite a bit, because they want them to succeed and heal as people; they don't care much about the military that made them that way though."
That is the basic truth baked into the show, and is also usually part of the various medias that inspired and shaped it.
Individuals coming together
Individuals making a difference
Individuals helping each other overcome personal hurdles
Etc. etc.
Atlas did not learn it's lessen after the great war. Those in charge (Ironwood) panicked and secluded themselves after The Fall. Obedience was not asked, but demanded.

My only issue with that is the faunaus are not naive to kuo kuana but pushed their in likely a Generation at oldest.
It could be a situation somewhat similar to Liberia? But unlike in our world the migration to Kuo Kuana was forced by nearly all governments of Remnant so their is most likely a larger population forced their.
Also the architect of Kua Kuana looks Mistrali. So whatever natives groups of Kuo Kuana was their before might have been assimilated by the unenthused new arrivals.

Ironically while I usually as a fan don't like canon ships. Bumblebee is one exception because of the backlash to it. Not sure if that says I'm a contrarian, or I just want good things for Blake, and really who wouldn't?

(I do low key like Freezerburn more for Yang. but that's because I want good things for Weiss more than I want good things for Blake. Not that Bumblebee is a bad ship, I'm glad to see it sail)

And the closest thing we get to 1.0 magic barely gets used beyond elements.
They don't have as long to practice as Salem.
Ironically while I usually as a fan don't like canon ships. Bumblebee is one exception because of the backlash to it. Not sure if that says I'm a contrarian, or I just want good things for Blake, and really who wouldn't?

(I do low key like Freezerburn more for Yang. but that's because I want good things for Weiss more than I want good things for Blake. Not that Bumblebee is a bad ship, I'm glad to see it sail)
What about if all three of them end up together somehow?
Meh, I feel like they skipped the part where they actually learn to like hanging out with each other.
Probably one of the Volume One episodes they didn't have time to make and the manga adaptations aren't willing to cover. They never seemed to dislike being around each other outside of that one time Blake was reading and Yang tried to get her and Ruby to talk.

Even among each other?
For all of her fanon interpretation of being a party girl. Yang seems to be very sensitive about attachments and desperately want people to give her as much love and affection as she gives them. I don't think she really can do the poly thing without burning herself out and stretching to thin.

Weiss for her part doesn't really have a good guide for a healthy monogamous relationship let alone a poly. And while she might have feelings for multiple people, I think she'd be too worried about being emotionally neglectful like her father to let her date multiple people.

Back