RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
So Blake has a tail along with cat ears.

I am sure the folks over at QuestionableQuesting have their theories why.

That all but confirms that it'll be an AU. Maybe that'll be an illusion that'll show the heroes a life if they chose another path in life, like that Naruto movie from several years ago: what if Ruby didn't followed the path of becoming a Hunter (she doesn't even have her cape, Ruby always has her cape), what if Weiss stayed in Atlas, what if Blake never left the White Fang (brrrr...) or still defected but didn't joined Beacon and instead works alone (and have those weird catgirl accessories because Japan I guess), what if Yang, by butterfly effect, stayed a drifter who joined the academy for the adventure and was more focused on her quest to find Raven...

Another detail I've noticed but don't know if it's relevant: Blake and Yang's outfit seems to be a fusion of their Volume 1-3 and Volume 7-8 outfits.

Last edited:
Part of me wonders if this has to do with the island from the main show.
Doubt it. Otherwise the "regular" Team RWBY would be in the their V7+ costumes. Also, it would walk all over the current V9 production, which I sincerely doubt RT or WB/Discovery would have allowed. More likely this takes places either between V1-2 or V2-3.

Also, because I desperately wish that one of the Japanese co-productions would do something with post-V3 RWBY, it will not ever happen.

So, crazy theory: The imagery we've seen so far seems like it's trying to draw a connection between Weiss and the Ice Queendom, but what if that's a misdirection? What if the point of divergence for this AU is Salem openly ruling Atlas/Mystral as its god-queen?

I'll admit, the idea is mainly based off of Pyra's new design, and her pose in particular, which strikes me as very cultist-y, but Salem riding herd of the SDC and keeping Jaque's worst impulses in check could also explain the differences with Wiess.

Thinking about it at work I figure we're probably not going to get v9 until the fall at earliest. Looking at when IQ was announced it was around the time v9 might have ended if it had been on the regular schedule. So IQ gets announced right after and gets the spring and summer to be hyped up and debut in let's say June. RT has RtX to piggyback off the debut and hype v9. IQ runs during the summer and fall and ends in time for v9 to premiere.

Ha! It would be hilarious if this theory actually came true.

Cinder: "I'm going to make my last name Fall so that every single day I'll think about how I want Atlas to crash and burn."

Salem hearing about a girl on the run who is good at fighting, is ripe for manipulation and is named Cinder Fall: "👀"

Anyway, since no one seems to be talking about some new Merch dropped:

Some things of note:

Also bodypillows for all you degenerates out there. 💝
bumbleby.com

RWBY Fan Disgusted At Idea of Bodypillows, Until Realizing They're Official - bumbleby.com

After some teasing, Rooster Teeth officially released a line of merch all about the two hottest plot devices in web animation history, Jinn and Ambrosius. This came as quite a shock, since Rooster Teeth never sold merchandise that catered to a specific niche of its fanbase that would buy a body...

You know who you are.😉

I like how RT continues to treat Ambrosious exactly as much (if not more) as a ferservice character as than Jinn. Naked blue chick was inevitably going to set the fandom on fire but I'm happy that they didn't take the typical cowards way out of giving normal sensible clothing to the male character while the female characters look like they just finished a strip routine. If spirits are naked then spirits are naked, full stop.

But seriously though, if you find a lot of this stuff way too fanservice heavy to actually buy then you might want to consider the Relic pins. As expected they look really pretty. The Relic designs is one of many things that I feel the CRWBY really aced, and as a result they make for good pin designs.

Speaking of merchandise. Seems like the Ice Queendom stuff also has merch lined up already. I do like the snowboarder design for Ruby. It's very cute and sensible looking, and seems like a neat aspect of her character to explore more since the food fight and Queen Lancer vs Levithan fight showed that she has a bit of a surfer/skater soul in her.

Like others before me I'm a bit iffy on the dominatrix Blake design but I really love the Crescent Rose snowboard design. :)

Last edited:
Okay I was about to get VERY annoyed at that trailer for just being Volume 1 stuff but that very last second did make realize they're being a bit close to the chest about what the series is, even though you can kind of tell what they're going for.

Weiss staring at another Weiss

Okay I was about to get VERY annoyed at that trailer for just being Volume 1 stuff but that very last second did make realize they're being a bit close to the chest about what the series is, even though you can kind of tell what they're going for.

Weiss staring at another Weiss

Which also potentially makes their Blake design loop around from 'fucks sake' to 'INTERESTING'.

Also, looks like RT has creative control and final authority on this still. Much less chance of a Gen:Lock season 2 scenario here. Unsurprising, but still a relief.

I do wonder how long it would take to do Volume 1, assuming they cut out some of the stuff with Jaune. Cause I assume we're going, judging by the Trailer, most of the way through Volume 1 until Blake leaves, then stuff diverges.

Back