RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Well, if it's anything like our third crusade, then I suspect it was an ultimately unsuccessful military campaign by either the faunus or Humanity to conquer some sort of holy ground that nonetheless ended with aggressor holding their kingdom.

Well we do know that the humans lost a battle with the Faunus at some point in a war over transporting all the Faunus to an isolated ghetto kingdom. Maybe a crusade to rid human lands of infidel Faunus trash, which was after, or followed by, other crusades that ended just as badly.

Last edited:
It would be quite compelling that midway through Volume 2, Blake's loyalty comes into question when faced with a choice that condemns her race further or a choice that saves them, but in doing so, it would instead condemn her team and many human innocents caught in the crossfire. It'd also be quite a hit in the gut when Cinder actually has good intentions but cruel methods.

It would be quite compelling that midway through Volume 2, Blake's loyalty comes into question when faced with a choice that condemns her race further or a choice that saves them, but in doing so, it would instead condemn her team and many human innocents caught in the crossfire. It'd also be quite a hit in the gut when Cinder actually has good intentions but cruel methods.

You know, that last point really gets to me.

We haven't seen the Schnee Dust Company at all in the series so far, despite them being rumored to use Faunus labor to harvest Dust.

I wouldn't be surprised if the corporation shows up in the future to reverse our view of the White Fang, using brutality against the organization its members feel is justified. It would be interesting if they have so much influence over society that SDC gets immediate approval for its actions, and it'll render the White Fang as antiheroes who feel they need to use force to fight fire with fire. Then again it's heavily implied that MERC (what I'm calling Mercury, Emerald, Roman and Cinder for now) don't care about the Fang's predicament and are only using them as henchmen, using their persecution to motivate them towards their own purposes. I would like to see the villains split on this subject, however.

Not to mention that Weiss still harbors an attitude of prejudice against Faunus because of the Fang's actions towards her company. I wonder if that would change when she sees firsthand what Faunus experience...

Does anyone think that the Faunus have a connection to Grimm somehow? That could clear up why they're being discriminated against so heavily, despite being accepted in society to a degree.

Last edited:
Does anyone think that the Faunus have a connection to Grimm somehow? That could clear up why they're being discriminated against so heavily, despite being accepted in society to a degree.

I've seen that hypothesis several times, and I find it distasteful - since Faunus can become Hunters, I doubt they have anything to do with the grimm.

Okay, I'm sure we all figured out that Mercury's weapons are strapped to his feet.

Looks like he's basically strapped Ember Celica to his feet and painted them black.

Someone needs to caption this.

This whole "castle" thing is gonna become a thing isn't it?

Also, looks like "Cool dude" uses a Gun-gun in the trailer. I heard that Kerry made a joke about it on a panel, but I didn't think they would actually do it...

I kinda want to see Yang beat up Mercury and take his weapon.

Then every single villain in the show gangs up on her to get them back, but some poor mook mishears the instructions and gets her Gauntlets instead, forcing Mercury and Yang to use each others weapons for the rest of the series.

You forget the Queen!

I think that happened partially because Yang's weak against low attacks (my opinion), hence why she experienced some difficulty with Melanie in the Yellow trailer and why she got the "kicker" (Mercury) as her main opponent.

Word of Monty has mentioned that she's weak against opponents who focus on kicks, but I don't know how much that translates to "weak against low attacks," thus still an opinion.

Last edited:
I think that happened partially because Yang's weak against low attacks (my opinion), hence why she experienced some difficulty with Melanie in the Yellow trailer and why she got the "kicker" (Mercury) as her main opponent.

Word of Monty has mentioned that she's weak against opponents who focus on kicks, but I don't know how much that translates to "weak against low attacks," thus still an opinion.
Hopefully this leads to a mini-training arc where she forces someone to help her train against kick-users, finishing with an epic beatdown rematch.

What about Yang's fighting style makes her weak against kicks I wonder?

Well, she's also not using her Semblance for rage whereas Nora's Semblance, as far as I can tell at this point, seems to just be "obscenely enhanced strength" and is always on.

You can't block Nora's full strength swings, don't even try.

Well Yang's semblance isn't very play-fight friendly. Setting everything on fire during the food-fight would be going overboard.

Back