RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Well.

Awesome overload as usual.

I was shifting between punching my fists in the air from the cool factor and laughing my ass off at the ridiculousness of the whole food fight.

Villains get good side-banther too. Pyrrha will eventually take on this Mercury fellow, I believe...

There's something written on the first can of pop Nora throws.
People Like Grapes. Blame Gavin.

Best. Food fight. Ever.

Also, holy crud, Ruby's approaching Flash speed levels there.
And Pyrrha is now apparently Magneto.

Glynda, meanwhile, is apparently a super-powerful witch. Magician. Sorceress. Whatever. I really hope we get to see her cut loose in the future.

Is this going to be a weekly release, or every other week?

Plus, we get to see Pyrrah using her Aura a bit more, and Ruby doing that speed trick.

I mean, holy crap, that was impressive. Raises the question of why she never did it before, but maybe it uses up a lot of her Aura, and would leave her defenceless in a real fight.

Well, for Pyrrah not doing her Magneto impression before, the reason is simple.

The big fight we saw her in in Volume 1? In a forest in a stone fortress. The only metal around was her and her allies' weapons.

For Ruby, I got nothing though. Maybe it's a new trick for her? I mean, they are at a school to learn after all.

For Ruby, I got nothing though. Maybe it's a new trick for her? I mean, they are at a school to learn after all.
This is how I'm looking at it and I like the idea of them becoming more powerful. With all the crazy Monty Oum style shenanigans they could do during their initiation test I was worried that they'd already hit their peak and would just fight different enemies in different ways but it looks like they haven't been idle during their first semester. Even Jaune seems to be a bit badass now (just horribly outclassed by his teammates but so were all the other kids in the cafeteria) with his flip jumping melon throw.

You know Roman says he was joking about a women sending the kids to him being just like his divorce and its possible that he really meant that and has never had any kids/wife/divorce. However it does offer a potential explanation for who the girl people were speculating about earlier is.

You know Roman says he was joking about a women sending the kids to him being just like his divorce and its possible that he really meant that and has never had any kids/wife/divorce. However it does offer a potential explanation for who the girl people were speculating about earlier is.
Torchwick? Having kids?:confused:

Did I miss sweet becoming a synonym for disturbing at some point? Because if I did, I would truly like to know.
Just messing with you. :p

Though honestly I don't see what's so horrifying about Roman having kids. He's a bit of a dandy and an unrepentant criminal but I don't really see anything particularly disturbing mixing those traits with him having kids. Lots of villains have kids, often so that the hero can seduce them and redeem them.... Roman's daughter x Ruby is now my OTP. :p

Just messing with you. :p

Though honestly I don't see what's so horrifying about Roman having kids. He's a bit of a dandy and an unrepentant criminal but I don't really see anything particularly disturbing mixing those traits with him having kids. Lots of villains have kids, often so that the hero can seduce them and redeem them.... Roman's daughter x Ruby is now my OTP. :p
It's just a gut feeling, that him having kids would be some awful thing that would set the world wrong.

Also, what is this "Third Crusade" book they were looking for?

My pet theory is that it's a book on that war that was talked about last volume, a book on the Faunus that basically said 'we didn't go far enough last time', or a book by one of the Faunus which is basically a new!White Fang manifesto.

The question was very deliberate and likely linked to why he was killed, so it had something to do with either the White Fang or Faunus in general.

I would probably suspect the other way. Third Crusade is an anti-Faunus screed (third crusade against the Faunus to oppress them more), which is why he wouldn't want to carry it.

Well, if it's anything like our third crusade, then I suspect it was an ultimately unsuccessful military campaign by either the faunus or Humanity to conquer some sort of holy ground that nonetheless ended with the aggressor holding a kingdom.

Last edited:
Back