RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am SO glad that they changed to 12 minutes. Because yeah, watching the first six minutes as a separate episode would have REALLY pissed me off.

OKAY, ANALYSIS/REVIEW TIME!

1) First thing we get, new characters! Namely, new bad guy characters. The both of them look pretty cool, actually. Shame that they killed a guy already. Also, what is this "Third Crusade" book they were looking for? Also, the titles of the other books they mentioned sound like character foreshadowing...

2) Now back to the RWBY team! So many US president quote references.

3) We also get another cool new character, and I do mean Cool. I mean, like super-duper Fangirl-Bait. We don't know his true alignment yet, however (though he is apparently friends with the blond monkey-Faunus dude [what was his name again? I forgot... EDIT: Wait, yeah, it's Sun]).

4) Most. Epic. Food Fight. Ever. Of all time... And I got Ninja'd. DAMN YOU MOOK!:mad:

5) Aside from the epicness of the food fight itself, we also get a great showcase at the gang's current skill level since last time. They were still badass, of course. Only now moreso. Also, love the fight's conclusion with the Wrecked-Wall Food-Splatter Mosaic. So much property damage.:D

6) We also get to see the skill level of the Vice-Headmistress - damn, she repaired & cleaned up all the damage in one go, without even breaking a sweat!:o

7) Now back to the Bad Guys: Roman apparently has pretty much stolen the entire region's whole stock of Dust and Dust-related merchandise. And the Beautiful Red-Dressed Scary Lady (I forgot her name too) has quite a bit of control over the new baddie characters introduced in the beginning (I forgot their names too). She also has some sort of big Master Evil Plan, what it is, we still have no idea... other than that it's now going into Phase 2.:o EDIT: Oh yeah, Emerald and Mercury are the new guys (I don't know which one's which), while Cinder is the name of the Beautiful Red-Dressed Scary Lady. Also, Emerald and Mercury make RvB Puma joke.:p:D

This season's going to be awesome.

Last edited:
Should that review be put in spoiler tags? Since not everyone might've seen it I guess. Not sure.

EDIT: Who am I kidding, everyone here would probably know to watch the 12-minute ep before going on this thread.

Last edited:
So, the shadow people are gone. Bunch of new characters, better graphics, and an awesome food fight. Also, White Rose shipping fodder, the tumblrs will love that part.

The Food Fight make me smile. Widely.

Waiting for more!

Best parts of the episode: Ruby-nado, and Puma/Chupathingy self-reference.

Well.

Awesome overload as usual.

I was shifting between punching my fists in the air from the cool factor and laughing my ass off at the ridiculousness of the whole food fight.

Villains get good side-banther too. Pyrrha will eventually take on this Mercury fellow, I believe...

There's something written on the first can of pop Nora throws.

Awesome episode, awesome food fight and the world looks so much prettier now.

Animation is light-years better; no more shadow people is a vast improvement on its own, but there's also a heck of a lot more weight to pretty much every movement, particularly in combat.

Dialogue is still...kinda iffy, but again, much better than Volume 1. Voice acting is up a couple notches, too.

I found the fact that they wasted the first big combat scene on an over-the-top food fight kind of :facepalm:, but at least it did give them a chance to show off the improved animation.

Remaining cautiously optimistic for now; let's see what Episode 2 brings.

There is no such thing as "Wasted" when it came to that unbelievable showpiece. It was loveliness distilled.

JUSTICE WILL BE SWIFT.

JUSTICE WILL BE PAINFUL.

JUSTICE WILL BE DELICIOUS!

Animation is light-years better; no more shadow people is a vast improvement on its own, but there's also a heck of a lot more weight to pretty much every movement, particularly in combat.

Dialogue is still...kinda iffy, but again, much better than Volume 1. Voice acting is up a couple notches, too.

I found the fact that they wasted the first big combat scene on an over-the-top food fight kind of :facepalm:, but at least it did give them a chance to show off the improved animation.

Remaining cautiously optimistic for now; let's see what Episode 2 brings.
I thought it worked well as a reminder of everybodies fighting styles/skills etc. It's been quite a while since Volume One after all.

I thought it worked well as a reminder of everybodies fighting styles/skills etc. It's been quite a while since Volume One after all.

Plus, we get to see Pyrrah using her Aura a bit more, and Ruby doing that speed trick.

I mean, holy crap, that was impressive. Raises the question of why she never did it before, but maybe it uses up a lot of her Aura, and would leave her defenceless in a real fight.

Plus, we get to see Pyrrah using her Aura a bit more, and Ruby doing that speed trick.

I mean, holy crap, that was impressive. Raises the question of why she never did it before, but maybe it uses up a lot of her Aura, and would leave her defenceless in a real fight.
Maybe she hadn't learned how to do it previously. This is a school for Hunters after all and I'm betting at least some of the classes focus on semblances and aura.

Back