RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
You've obviously never been into a proper board game shop. I've played games that are FAR more complex... that one seems at least internally consistent.

You are correct, good sir.

But it wasn't the complexity I had a problem with. My issue was more with Yang and Ruby's ... enthusiasm, I guess. It seemed a bit over the top, but then it probably wouldn't be as entertaining if it wasn't, right?

You are correct, good sir.

But it wasn't the complexity I had a problem with. My issue was more with Yang and Ruby's ... enthusiasm, I guess. It seemed a bit over the top, but then it probably wouldn't be as entertaining if it wasn't, right?

Yang and Ruby are Enthusiastic about everything though. Its basically Ruby's main character trait, and Yang tends to follow along. Look at her 'best day ever' plans. I mean Weiss would be more over the top but yeah.

Nothing good can come from the smirk that Cinder had on her at the end.

In other news; Weiss tsun-tastic!

The real surprise is that Cinder can disguise herself as a student...

I mean, I know we see her as young, as with every other character in this show, but that young?

Also, I did love this episode for once again disproving the notion the Weiss is this incredibly serious individual. She's not. She's a massive dork.

There's this stare down between Ruby and Cinder...

I don't know which reason that implies:

1. Ruby faintly remembers her silhouette and shining eyes in Season 1 Episode 1. I mean, it was one intense stare down, and I remember Monty once saying about each character's eyes are unique (or inherited or something... aaarrgh, can't remember clearly!).

2. Ruby faintly remembers her from a different place and time entirely (2 adverbs in a short sentence, ugh, someone kill me). Hints of relation, a contrast between golden and silver eyes? Hints of something more sinister, like having a hand in killing Summer Rose (it's the conspiracy theorist in me).

3. The writers just add that in for dramatic tension before Ruby crashes it with an enthusiastic response.

Right now, I remain uncertain which it could be.

I'm gonna call it now: Qrow's gonna turn out to be a villain. I have no idea why, but the whole Mentor Turns Out To Be Evil is such a stock anime trope and RWBY if nothing else likes to pay homage to anime shit. :p

The real surprise is that Cinder can disguise herself as a student...

I mean, I know we see her as young, as with every other character in this show, but that young?

Also, I did love this episode for once again disproving the notion the Weiss is this incredibly serious individual. She's not. She's a massive dork.

Yeah... I thought Cinder was older than that. Then again, considering the subject the "Schools" teach it's probably not hard to imagine the student body being composed of a lot of different age groups.

Weiss... Is interesting. The moment where she tells Ruby not to touch her while physically holding her closer pretty much sums her up in a lot of ways.

She's been taught to push people away,but at the same time RWBY is the first group of friends she's ever had.

Remember last episode where she was about to insist they stick together just before she got nailed in the face with a pie? And this episode where she's the one that initiates the Blake questioning?

She's gotten her first taste of friendship and she likes it. She wants to keep them close to her.

(It was very difficult for me to write all that without gushing over yuri fuel)

I have to say that board game was a fantastic way to provide exposition without having to resort to long boring infodumps. :)

Well it's official. Beacon has ZERO ability in screening their students. Either that, or Ozpin is trying to pull some Dumbledore level bullshit by knowingly letting dangerous criminals into his school. I'm honestly not sure which I would prefer to be true.

Also, Nora, why u so funny?

Well it's official. Beacon has ZERO ability in screening their students. Either that, or Ozpin is trying to pull some Dumbledore level bullshit by knowingly letting dangerous criminals into his school. I'm honestly not sure which I would prefer to be true.

Also, Nora, why u so funny?

Those aren't beacon uniforms. Those are the uniforms of the other headmasters school, the one that brought the airfleet with him. I suspect hes going to go Galbadia Garden.

Back