RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
So, instead of a steady diet of spoilers I am avoiding, I will instead provide the topic with this.

There is only one best girl, there has only ever been one best girl, and there will only ever be one best girl.

And her name is Nora Valkyrie.

I dispute thee.

Best Girl is the artist formerly known as Penny.

[Public] Volume 5, Chapter 2: Dread in the Air
Non-subscribers with a free Rooster Teeth account should now be able to view V5C2: RWBY: Volume 5, Chapter 2: Dread in the Air

You can also watch it on VRV without creating an account, though VRV isn't available in all countries and the video takes a minute or two to load: VRV - Watch RWBY: EP 2 - Volume 5, Chapter 2: Dread in the Air

Also, the second RWBY Rewind livestream is later today (at 5pm CT, which is in less than 6.5 hours, FIRST exclusive), including an excerpt from the upcoming V5C3: RWBY Rewind

For FIRST subscribers who miss the livestream, the video should be uploaded sometime tomorrow.

Funny how everyone in this thread makes such careless mistakes. The best girl is undoubtedly... Lie Ren. I mean, look at his fabulous hair.

The White Fang murdered people and attacked other Faunus who peacefully protested.

They're terrorists, and SSSN-Neptune-Vasilias and others on Tumblr have adamantly refused to see anything wrong with the White Fang since day one. "Oppressed minorities cannot become villains because anything they do is justified unless it's Adam Taurus because he's a white guy and Sienna Khan was a dark woman so she must be right about violence being necesssary and not at all a slippery slope."

He even said he thought she was BEHIND the Schnee assassinations, and doesn't see the irony in Sienna Khan being assassinated by the White Fang she created.

Last edited:
The only things to really regret about Siennded are the loss of a quality waifu design and Adam being in a position of even greater power.

But that's obvious, because any leader of quality wouldn't have allowed Adam to remain part of their organization for one second after the news of the Beacon attack reached the outside world. You can go on and on about "you went too far", but unless you go ahead and show the outside world "oh hey we executed this renegade here's the video" it all comes across as the CRWBY wasting time on a decent model and voice acting for a character who might as well not even have existed.

As for the rest of the episode, I quite liked the airship battle, of course. I felt that the first few volleys of shots were visually weak, but after the first minute or so things started getting actually acrobatic and the finale was an A+.

Oh, and then there was Evil scheming evil scheming evil scheming, but at least the evil plans this time don't come in phases or cloaked in vagaries. Plus, this group gets all the best dialogue in the episode out of the way first.

The only things to really regret about Siennded are the loss of a quality waifu design and Adam being in a position of even greater power.
Also explains why Ilia said that Blake should just run. She knew at least some of what would be happening. And with Adam now in the driver's seat, I suspect there will be a purge of any 'soft' elements from the White Fang, past or present members.

The entire Belladonna family is very likely in his cross-hairs.

Blake knew about the coup. It was on the scroll they got from Ilia.
-Double checks-
OK Ghira did mention that in the episode. Though it's possible that Ilia was instead telling Blake to run based on other information. After all, the Fennec brothers know that the Belladonnas have rather damming records on WF actions and are setting things up so they are discredited or never get to make that public announcement.

EDIT: Also, am I the only one who likes the detail that Sienna and Blake are the only WF who never seem to have worn Grimm masks (Who aren't liars like the brothers) and how Ilia also constantly takes hers off?

The White Fang murdered people and attacked other Faunus who peacefully protested.

They're terrorists, and SSSN-Neptune-Vasilias and others on Tumblr have adamantly refused to see anything wrong with the White Fang since day one. "Oppressed minorities cannot become villains because anything they do is justified unless it's Adam Taurus because he's a white guy and Sienna Khan was a dark woman so she must be right about violence being necesssary and not at all a slippery slope."

He even said he thought she was BEHIND the Schnee assassinations, and doesn't see the irony in Sienna Khan being assassinated by the White Fang she created.
OK, in order:

1. The reports of that were in Vale after Cinder took over so we don't know if Sienna ever allowed or ordered such things.

2. Whatever my views on your discussion with them, I am pretty sure bringing in outside drama is against the rules.

3. That is a massive over simplification of events and their arguments I feel.

Last edited:
So, instead of a steady diet of spoilers I am avoiding, I will instead provide the topic with this.

There is only one best girl, there has only ever been one best girl, and there will only ever be one best girl.

And her name is Nora Valkyrie.
Hmm, I am torn...

On one hand, I always like the wackier and "happy" personality characters. On the other hand, Nora has lost many points due to Yandere Nurse. DEATH TO YANDERE TROPE!!! :mob:

Last edited:
You quoted the guy's responses to my messages to him without my messages. A one-sided conversation that left my words out.

You have no room to talk.
Um, not really? Your side had nothing to do with the discussion, and I was using his arguments for and my post had nothing to do with you? Utilizing a part of a separate discussion as a resource is quite different from bringing in drama and I made no reference to you, or your posts, so I wasn't bringing in drama from other sites.

She's the only surviving RWBY character actually in a (pseudo-)romantic relationship.

Also Chibi Nora's particular flavor of flanderization has always included obsession over Ren since the first season: shaving "R+N" into the back of Ren's head and her pretending to be a damsel in distress come to mind. (I mean, my personal "this Chibi portrayal sucks" moment was Ruby mind-controlling everybody on the team, but I don't hold it against the actual character.)

Hm, for some reason my computer suddenly regained the ability to view pictures on the kickstarter. So just a heads up but while the Villain Miniatures only cost the base price:

You are going to have to pay extra for shipping costs if you live outside the USA and EU, and possibly some other regions. Check the Kickstarter to see if you're covered or not.

So yeah, if you want the Emerald&Mercury or the starter pack Add Ons then I'm pretty sure you need to add extra cash for the shipping costs if you live outside the supported regions.

Back