RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
[Discussion] Volume 3, World of Remnant 3: Cross Continental Transmit System
Oh dear... I wonder why it works like that...
So, Dust is apparently dependant on Remnant, I'm gonna assume either the planets spirit or perhaps the Grim are somehow juicing it by proximity and once a certain distance is achieved, well, as they said, it drops. This certainly explains why they have such advanced stuff in some areas but so little in communication and space flight.

The towers all going offline together seems foreboding, whatever Ozpin might think of it being poetic it seems like a design flaw and one Cinder is liable to abuse ruthlessly.

Overall, very interesting, and it leaves me wondering how the empire maintained its control over all four kingdoms when it ruled and tried to squash out individual expression as communication must have been a nightmare.
The latest World of Remnant is out folks!

In the words of someone from the RT website...
those towers are fucked
I mean, telling us that the system fails if one tower goes boom isn't ominous at all.

In regards to the whole 'one main tower falls, and all the rest do as well' there has been a certain amount of salt regarding that aspect.

Thing is we don't really know how the CCT network actually works. It's said that it functions like radio but from the description it seems rather different than any IRL system.

I mean we're talking about a wireless network system with four main stations that covers entire continents.

In regards to the whole 'one main tower falls, and all the rest do as well' there has been a certain amount of salt regarding that aspect.

Thing is we don't really know how the CCT network actually works. It's said that it functions like radio but from the description it seems rather different than any IRL system.

I mean we're talking about a wireless network system with four main stations that covers entire continents.
This is true. The main sticking point, for me, is that each Kingdom only has a single CCT. If the technologies can't have redundancies, why not just build another network, separate from the first? That way, if one network needs maintenance or fails, the other one would still be operational.

This is true. The main sticking point, for me, is that each Kingdom only has a single CCT. If the technologies can't have redundancies, why not just build another network, separate from the first? That way, if one network needs maintenance or fails, the other one would still be operational.
Who knows? Maybe having a secondary network system of that sort interferes with the primary one.

Another possibility is that the sheer expense of creating the first CCT prevents them from really having that sort of backup.

I havent gotten a chance to see the new info episode yet so I am unsure but is it possible the towers are like a circuit? That the energy being used to communicate needs to be pumped from one tower to another?
So if one tower breaks the energy dissipates and so its not JUST the towers but also the energy?
Again i havent gotten a chance to see it so I dont know if my idea is even close.

One person suggested it was so that no group would bring down a tower before or during a war because it basically shoots their own faction in the foot as well.

Of course, I imagine Cinder doesn't care about that.

Or she is planning o starting a war. If she takes down the towers then makes Atlas for example look like they still have the ability to communicate a lot of people might assume Atlas did it so they can enjoy military advantage.
There is a lot about this we dont know.

Since I haven't found a RWBY pic thread, I might as well post it here.

Drawn By dishwasher1910
I have no words.

Alternatively I don't think we were given any kind of time span on how long this technology has existed. It might just be that they are a recent discovery and no one has had enough time to build (and possibly afford) another one yet.

I think Weiss said in "A Minor Hiccup" that Atlas made the CCT towers after the Great War that occurred 80 years ago.
Well that shoots down that theory then. High time then to propose another theory, maybe all the hardware in a tower interferes with the network at large while it's being installed meaning that the network is brought down while one is being constructed. This wouldn't cause any problems while the towers were first being constructed as the network didn't exist back then but now with it already up the civilian population wouldn't consider it to be worth the cost of having the network be brought down for months or even years on end at the time just to acquire a backup for a system that (in their eyes at the very least) would never be brought down as keeping the towers safe is off mutual benefit to all Kingdoms interests.

Since I haven't found a RWBY pic thread, I might as well post it here.

Drawn By dishwasher1910
I have no words.
That has actually been posted on the RWBY ideas thread. There's also a version with just Rubarcher and Weissaber, which I myself posted there beforehand.

Back