RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
That has to be expensive as shit, particularly for Cinder - and Yang's new outfit.

Nah, if it's standard for every skirt/dress in Remnant, then it shouldn't add that much to the overall cost. Pricing probably depends more on who manufactured it, the store that's selling it, and what material it's made of.

This isn't anti upskirt. This is that skirt will be destroyed by any mildly strenuous physical activity :p.

You know regarding Penny's 'father' based on some of her comments (her orders not to talk to anyone didn't seem to come from him) the Gepetto expy that made her isn't here in Vale (or at the very least hasn't shown up yet in the city).

As near as I can tell she's under the command of Ironwood or something but slipped the 'leash' at some point to actually wander around to see the sights.

[Discussion] Volume 2, Chapter 4: Painting the Town
In this episode...

Ruby named all her team's combo attacks!

More superpowers - Weiss has more glyphs, Sun summons clones. Neptune has a electric glaive-rifle.

Don't shoot Yang, you'll just make her mad.

The giant robot appears... and it's not all that great, really. The only person it managed to score a hit on was the person who gets stronger when she gets hurt. Still, it's nice to see team RWBY all working together.

Last edited:
In this episode...

Ruby named all her team's combo attacks!

More superpowers - Weiss has more glyphs, Sun summons clones. Neptune has a electric glaive-rifle.

Don't shoot Yang, you'll just make her mad.

The giant robot appears... and it's not all that great, really. The only person it managed to score a hit on was the person who gets stronger when she gets hurt. Still, it's nice to see team RWBY all working together.
to be fair, the last time all of Team RWBY fought as a team, they killed a giant fuck off raven.

The thing was going up against some of the best huntresses in their year, they cut it's visability before Weiss took out what looked like the main camera and I doubt Roman really trained a huge amount in using the things.

Last edited:
i think ironwood is going to eat qrow about those robots being the future of combat.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they built to combat grim rather than Huntresses? They probably weren't designed to fight fast moving targets with long ranged attacks and magic since the most threatening grim seem to be essentially large animals which wouldn't be able to dodge the mech's attacks or create that mist which messed with it's targeting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they built to combat grim rather than Huntresses? They probably weren't designed to fight fast moving targets with long ranged attacks and magic since the most threatening grim seem to be essentially large animals which wouldn't be able to dodge the mech's attacks or create that mist which messed with it's targeting.
you missed the point of the post.

Given the escalation of faunus violence I wouldn't be surprised if one of the main logistical issues was "what if we have to fight the white fang in this" given it's the only shown form of conflict in the setting.

Is it me, or did the lines in the last two episodes feel a bit less stilted than usual?

It time for that wonderful game GUESS THAT CHARACTER!!

So we've all now seen Neo. Pretty sure everyone first though Martix!Neo, but that doesn't feel quite right for some reason to me.

Anyone else want to give a shot as to who she's based on? Mary Poppins? Alice?

Back