RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Weiss's rapier isn't a gun either. It just has a revolver-like mechanism to hold various types of dust for her spell casting.

Damn it, I am getting tired of these World of Remnant things.

It feels like they are leap frogging the episodes with a 1-3 min video.
Care to elaborate on that? And give them a break, Monty hardly gets a fraction of the sleep he needs already. Don't take away their much needed down-time. Besides its better to have a slow release schedule and high quality episodes than it is to have a swift release schedule with low quality episodes like we got a lot of last season.

Care to elaborate on that? And give them a break, Monty hardly gets a fraction of the sleep he needs already. Don't take away their much needed down-time. Besides its better to have a slow release schedule and high quality episodes than it is to have a swift release schedule with low quality episodes like we got a lot of last season.

Alright, fair enough I suppose. But they can still make the WoR videos longer, while giving more information, and they would still be roughly the same quality.

I would prefer it if WoR videos weren't always in the middle of bloody cliffhangers, but otherwise I don't mind them.

And hell's bells, this WoR is terrifying in the implications.
Which part? Cause there are plenty.
  • Grimm's sole purpose in existence seems to be to kill humans/Faunus as they barely acknowledge animals.
  • The fact that they are drawn to negative emotions meaning if a communities defenders or citizens start to panic during an attack every Grimm in the surrounding countryside makes a beeline for them.
  • The tidbit that they evaporate on death and seem to eat humans based on desire/pleasure rather then need.
  • The idea that there are Grimm out there that make every type seen so far (potentially including the Goliaths) seem like two-bit cannon fodder.
etc etc

Last edited:
Man, Grimm are assholes.
and they only get nastier with age:
Although the Creatures of Grimm appear mindless, more delicate observation has proven contradictory. It has been noted that while younger Grimm tend to me more reckless; older Grimm, who have managed to survive their battles, have the tendency to learn from their battles and will exercise caution in the future. This perverse form of self-preservation allows the creatures to become more effective killers.

And in the end... killing is all that matters.
I wonder if thinking happy thoughts can be used to hide from grimm?
Who knows, but it could explain why the professors want young huntsmen to have a stable and strong mindset with as little self-doubt etc as possible.

Last edited:
What if Faunus are just a type of Grimm that disguises their monstrosity so humans let their guard down?

Back