RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
-Watches episode-
Yeah things are about to get bad.

And Ooblecks coffee thermos apparently transforms into his weapon.o_O

I think Oobleck will be very powerful if his thermos is his weapon. He's drinking Dust.

Okay, anyone else think Ruby was an absolute fucking moron in this episode? Seriously, following enemy soldiers alone in the dark? Sure that wasn't what got her in the end, but still, this is the girl who's supposed to be the leader. That kinda implies good decision making skills.

Also, confirmed, Ruby is useless in combat without her scythe.

Can't wait for the Subterranean Grimm to show up.

Okay, anyone else think Ruby was an absolute fucking moron in this episode? Seriously, following enemy soldiers alone in the dark? Sure that wasn't what got her in the end, but still, this is the girl who's supposed to be the leader. That kinda implies good decision making skills.
She couldn't really run back and inform the rest of the team without loosing the WF troops. And after they left the surface in a hidden tunnel or something, the first thing she did was try to contact the gang via her scroll but apparently the signal was too low.

At that point she was heading back to the team to tell them face-to-face when the road decided to fall apart.

She couldn't really run back and inform the rest of the team without loosing the WF troops. And after they left the surface in a hidden tunnel or something, the first thing she did was try to contact the gang via her scroll but apparently the signal was too low.

At that point she was heading back to the team to tell them face-to-face when the road decided to fall apart.
I know, but I still regard following enemy soldiers alone at night to be a stupid decision regardless.

Did anyone else think of Perry the Platypus from Phineas and Ferb when the faunus named Perry was named? I get the feeling he's a platypus faunus.

Interesting things:

Blake has serious self-esteem issues.
Weiss' refusal to talk with her family takes on a new light here. Now, the question is how her sister feels about all this.

I guess its the question of do you go to get back-up and potentially loose the trail, or follow the marks alone and hope you can keep to stealth.

Besides, she 15. People can do stupid things at that age.

In my view, she took a risk, but the only major thing she did wrong was not tell anyone. And that's understandable, she thought it might take too long.

She was cautious, didn't try to follow them into the base, and tried to establish contact as soon as she knew where the base was- to be quite frank, it's not her fault what happened next.

And as for the following the bad guys thing, that's already an established part of Ruby's character: her inclination is to follow where trouble leads, most recently shown when she followed Cinder to the communications tower. She's 15 years old, her self-preservation instinct hasn't really come together yet. The fact that she even attempted to call for backup is rather commendable.

And as for the following the bad guys thing, that's already an established part of Ruby's character: her inclination is to follow where trouble leads, most recently shown when she followed Cinder to the communications tower. She's 15 years old, her self-preservation instinct hasn't really come together yet. The fact that she even attempted to call for backup is rather commendable.

Yeah, she is learning.

Here's a theory. What if Ozpin was there at Mountain Glenn?. It was he who order the tunnel shut down. Leaving thousands of people to their deaths. Reminds me of this:

You know, I find it interesting that the more we learn about Weiss, the more apt her trailer song becomes. It seems I managed to guess pretty early on that Mirror, Mirror would completely give away Weiss' character arc.

I am going to echo the idea of Oobleck drinking Dust Infused Coffee. (Putting raw dust in a persons body is a canon thing.)

It makes Weiss move faster with gylphs, I see no reason for Dust to not work like that as well.

Back