RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Or, you know, that was just their general assignment board, and the first years were called there early so Ozpin could give them their pre-first-assignment speech.

Or, you know, that was just their general assignment board, and the first years were called there early so Ozpin could give them their pre-first-assignment speech.
With so much technology, I doubt they could not omit the assignment for the higher years by pressing a button. If the board is for the whole of the student body, there's around two thirds of the board that's just there to waste time.

With so much technology, I doubt they could not omit the assignment for the higher years by pressing a button. If the board is for the whole of the student body, there's around two thirds of the board that's just there to waste time.
In my experience, class registration systems are perfectly happy to let you try to sign up for courses that you lack the requirements for. The only slightly unbelievable aspect is that Beacon's system delivered such a clear and unambiguous message as to why the process failed at the last step.

In my experience, class registration systems are perfectly happy to let you try to sign up for courses that you lack the requirements for. The only slightly unbelievable aspect is that Beacon's system delivered such a clear and unambiguous message as to why the process failed at the last step.
^Truth. When signing up for college courses, I could have taken any level of Japanese, even though I had tested into basic (bit disappointed about that, but I followed my results).

Everything that everyone else has already said does indeed apply. Registration systems often don't take into account your qualifications. Often they foist it off on the last authentication stage rather than masking the unqualified results to start.

Although at first I thought you were suggesting it was blatant incompetence. Honestly I would love to have gone to a school where the most incompetent thing they did was mix up the message board.

The chance that the mission was put there as a bait for the rubes RWBY on the other hand is a distinct possibility.

Last edited:
Favorite moment:

Oobleck: Why, Grimm have been known to stay isolated from the pack for months- oh, there's the whole pack.

And now they've seen us.

Oobleck: Why did you bring your bag ruby, when I specifically told you not to.
Ruby: You hadn't told us to listen you yet, so I didn't listen.
Oobleck: that is technically correct, very well then
My favorite part(not word for word).

Last edited:
That and Ruby already explained her reason for being a huntress in Volume 1, we the audience already know, so no point in going over it again. :D

Some character development, some worldbuilding, and the last missing scene from the trailer put into context (and revealed to be another edited shot, like the scene where Ruby wore her alternate costume).

I liked how what WBY didn't say, and the manner they responded, revealed as much or more than the actual responses. Weiss sounds like she's been asked such questions before, and delivers a smooth response, but as she admits to her teammates, her answer's incomplete. Blake feels strongly that she has to do something, but after leaving the White Fang, isn't sure how she wants to go about it. Yang responds brashly and somewhat flippantly, but she too lets on that there's more to it.

Ruby... well, we know her reasons for becoming a Huntress, having heard them back in episodes 1 and 3 of Volume 1: to fight monsters and be the hero that protects others. Her reasons are idealistic, or even childish, but unlike the others I think our fearless leader is confident in them. I wonder if Oobleck sees that in her, too.

Oh, and we also got more Zwei:

Last edited:
Ruby: Woah, what is that? It looks awesome.
Oobleck: That my dear girl...is a Grimm.
Ruby: Lets kill it!

Never change Ruby, never change. :)

Also, apparently Grimm can detect negative emotions and are attracted to them?

So Grimm can gain intelligence and possibly Sapience . . . And they Remain beings of pure evil. Well that's refreshing!

I was a little disappointed we didn't see Zwei going all Chitika Vas Pas on Grimm, or Oobleck whopping out some sort of kickass device, but hey, we got a little more of team RWBY kicking ass and taking names.

Man, this feels like a bit of a rip off of Bleach with Hollows.

How much do you want to bet that they are going to meet a Humanoid Grim?
Not really. Grimm come in sizes much smaller than a hollow, the general feel is different, and this statement is just generally wrong. I also don't think we'll get a humanoid Grimm either, though it's possible.

Not really. Grimm come in sizes much smaller than a hollow, the general feel is different, and this statement is just generally wrong.

Hollows come in all sizes, from child size to near sky scraper.

I also don't think we'll get a humanoid Grimm either, though it's possible.

I think we will, if only to have a major Grimm fight while showcasing RWBY's hand to hand combat abilities.

Not really. Grimm come in sizes much smaller than a hollow, the general feel is different, and this statement is just generally wrong. I also don't think we'll get a humanoid Grimm either, though it's possible.

The Grim work best as something inhuman and malevolent. Basically, as they are now.

As long as they aren't entirely mooks. If we ever see a Grim that speaks, I want it to be something gigantic, alien, and terrifying.

Last edited:
Back