RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Have we met anyone, besides Blake, who grew up outside the kingdoms?
I was under the impression that Blake grew up in the kingdoms. She grew up with the White Fang, and they would be mainly focused on the cities.

Ruby and Yang have a (somewhat) rural background, given that Yang was able to find a pack of Grimm within several hours' walk of their home. Then again, they grew up with a team of Hunters, so their hometown was probably pretty safe.

Kingdom also might not mean the same thing for the people of Remnant as it does for us. I think there was a similar discussion about Yang's name when she didn't look Asian at all.

I'll admit, the dancing Grimm surprised me. On the bright side, we now know how Adam got back from the moon! By dancing. If you don't get the reference, check out Matt the Mammoth Rider's episode recaps on tumblr.

Clearly the greatest mystery here is how Miltia pulled off all those dance moves without slicing up herself or anyone around her. Those claws are pretty big.

Guess it also applies to the Boarbatusk now that I think about it. I swear it impaled the Ursa at one point.

Ruby in a nutshell. :D:D

And I am so utterly hyped for the next episode, this extra week of didn't help but whatever schedule we need to avoid more fake rooftop hopping is fine with me. The wait for season 3 is going to be a nightmare. :(

[Discussion] Volume 2, Chapter 8: Field Trip
Words cannot express how great this episode is! Field Trip has to be one of the greatest episodes in the entire season and that's really saying something! :cool::cool::cool:
Ruby has officially upgraded herself to Clever Girl status and Ozpin continues to be a better Dumbledore than the actual Dumbledore.

Roman now has the opportunity to use the line "and your little dog too!" at some point! :D
Weiss and Blake are both adorable in completely opposite ways. Also five million internet bucks says that the little doggy will turn out to be a Aura using badass.:cool:

The color themes now have an in-universe justification. Nice.
Also Ozpin recognizes the futility in preventing protagonists from going on adventures.

Team Coffee is here and the people who speculated that they were second years were right. Poor Velvet though. :(

And that ending. That fucking ending! I can't bring myself to spoil it even in the spoiler. :D

Edit:
Also
Ruby: Someone accidentally hit all the buttons on the way up here..... It wasn't me.

Sure it wasn't Ruby. :V
Edit2.
Also Remnant apparently has Mail Tubes of Holding. At this rate they're swiftly becoming better Harry Potter wizards than the actual Harry Potterverse wizards. :p

Last edited:
Back