RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Yeah, honestly I can't be upset, this is their content, they're under no obligation to release it free, in fact I'm sure in some ways It's a bad business decision to release so much free content and so little paied content, if they want me to wait a week, then I'll wait a week.

Well, I guess I'll have to abstain from RWBY stuff for a week then.

Well it actually makes doing that a bit complicated. As just when you'll be getting the non-sponsor release the sponsors will be getting the next week's release. So there'll never be a time when sponsors and non-sponsors are on the same page until after the season finale.

Sort of makes me wish they'd chosen to have a 6 day delay instead if only to allow a day of mutual discussion.

Interesting indeed, but the scale of her disguising power makes me more lend toward just being her semblance., since Faunus were never seen to be able to do anything more than what their animal counterparts can do.
That is true, my thinking was they were more treating her eyes switching as the Faunus trait and her Semblance just being born of that connection, sort of like if someone was say, a lion Faunus, and their Semblance was to turn them self into a super giant cat version of them self.
Cue flashback to Penny's "I am part Chameleon!" from Zodiac...
I am deeply confused by this XD

That sounds incredibly cute and amusing, also Penny with stealth abilities means surprise hugs!
She's actually never done those, as far as I recall, which is a really good thing considering how strong she is, and how much of a personal space invasion that would be.
That said, her semirandom appearances are fun.

Last edited:
She's actually never done those, as far as I recall, which is a really good thing considering how strong she is, and how much of a personal space invasion that would be.
That said, her semirandom appearances are fun.
Penny needs to find friends who can withstand her hugs , why did she have to be surrounded by squishy meat people? Good thing Aura's around :D
Its Penny, fun is obligatory ;)

Great job ,RT. putting even more work on the already overworked animators. I see no way this will backfire.

I'm not going to pretend Rooster Teeth is some magical wonderland workplace or anything, but it's not the Disney slave-pits. If the animators believed they'd have a problem of balancing that workload, they'd say it and probably be listened to. RT doesn't have the resources to just be massive dicks to their employees and get away with it.

From my phone
Actually chibi is done by a different group of animators from what I read and the 2 teams are working at the same time

Edit
The team working on the spin-off show will be entirely separate to the team working on Volume 4 of RWBY, which is set to premiere in Fall 2016.[3][4]
From the wiki

Last edited:
Back