RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
I might have found it fun if Ryugi could have just been honest and made the main character an OC (well more like SI) but when he makes Jaune (or any of the main cast with the possible exception of Nora) he needs to stay far away from the Hard Men making Hard Decisions bullshit. Especially when he simultaneously shits on more interesting characters with abilities that are not canon in either of the crossed over series. :rage:

I can understand why you read it though. There was a lot of stuff about the story that bugged the hell out of me before that bullshit but I still found the story enjoyable because whatever else you might say about him Ryugi is damned good at writing. Its just such a pity that all his stories end up being power fantasies for his author avatars. :sad:
I still read it, even though the inner monologue can be rather....gratting.
I still read it because I have the tendency to shut down my brain when I try to relax and do things enjoyable.

Is it just me or could the ending song be shared by both Pyrrha AND Jaune in a rather amusing 'poor girl' sort of thing!

Pyrrha just needs to whack Jaune upside the head with a clue-by-four and be done with it.

Just because someone tells you they like you, doesn't mean you automatically start dating them. Otherwise Weiss and Jaune would currently be dating. Slight rant but this is really annoying me about the fandom currently. A massive chunk complains that Jaune is trying to 'force' his non-con (to them) feelings onto Weiss, then expect him to suddenly follow after Pyrrha if she does the same to him.... despite the fact that hes hinted several times that it might not just be a crush... *shrugs*

Yes yes yes, I know ANIME and they are one of my favorite pairings, but the Hypocrisy involved with quite a few of those people frustrates me.

"JAUNE STOP FORCING YOUR FEELINGS ONTO WEISS AND LET PYRRHA FORCE HER FEELINGS ONTO YOU INSTEAD'.

Wasn't it hinted that Neptune had a thing going with err... Scarlet, I think, from his team in the first episode?
No, it was only implied that Neptune had a tendency to tell Scarlet things that were supposed to be secret.

ALSO YANG XIAO LONG, BEST CHARACTER

Last edited:
Wasn't it hinted that Neptune had a thing going with err... Scarlet, I think, from his team in the first episode?
Not the impression that I got. Besides, I seem to remember it being mentioned that SSSN is an all-male team, and I don't think Neptune is inclined in that direction, if you catch my drift.

Just because someone tells you they like you, doesn't mean you automatically start dating them. Otherwise Weiss and Jaune would currently be dating. Slight rant but this is really annoying me about the fandom currently. A massive chunk complains that Jaune is trying to 'force' his non-con (to them) feelings onto Weiss, then expect him to suddenly follow after Pyrrha if she does the same to him.... despite the fact that hes hinted several times that it might not just be a crush... *shrugs*

Yes yes yes, I know ANIME and they are one of my favorite pairings, but the Hypocrisy involved with quite a few of those people frustrates me.

"JAUNE STOP FORCING YOUR FEELINGS ONTO WEISS AND LET PYRRHA FORCE HER FEELINGS ONTO YOU INSTEAD'.

They shouldn't expect him to just follow along. You're entirely right about that and you raise a good point.

On the other hand, Pyrrha has yet to ask, and Jaune has asked Weiss several times. I don't think it's unreasonable to want him to stop.

Yeah, no means no, he should probably quit while he's ahead. I'm not saying he has to get together with Pyrrha either, just be more considerate of your damn teammate's feelings, she was obviously upset about something when he said she must have guys lining up to ask her, it would be good for you to notice that at least something was up. This isn't gonna end well for anyone.

Yeah, no means no, he should probably quit while he's ahead. I'm not saying he has to get together with Pyrrha either, just be more considerate of your damn teammate's feelings, she was obviously upset about something when he said she must have guys lining up to ask her, it would be good for you to notice that at least something was up. This isn't gonna end well for anyone.
Well, he is dense as fuck. And he should leave Weiss alone for some time if he wants a chance since his constant tries are hurting his less than astronomic chances...

pyrrha seemed to take it better when she realised he wasn't snubbing her, but just had an honest crush.

Last edited:
This really was a fluffy episode in general. Next week's going to be a real heartbreaker I bet :(.

When Jaune was talking to Ren, it seemed like Ren was like "Well, this is all well and good, but it's getting increasingly awkward, can I put some clothes on?"

Back