RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Imagine
Headmaster/Professor Pine
Professor of (a book related course), Professor Sustrai
Professor of the combat course, Professor Black
Fair takes, though my brain is still on the AU where the headmaster was Ren XD
Plus, I confess, I'd be kinda iffy on Oscar following the same path as Ozpin/Ozma career wise given so much of his journey is a struggle for independence and self identity.
Hilariously Mercury's kid actually hung out with people from that school, though Mercury himself just lived as a sort of localized Hunter for a town. His parenting style was listed as "The opposite of what Marcus did with me" and worked surprisingly well XD
Still teacher Merc could be theoretically fun.

Fair takes, though my brain is still on the AU where the headmaster was Ren XD
Plus, I confess, I'd be kinda iffy on Oscar following the same path as Ozpin/Ozma career wise given so much of his journey is a struggle for independence and self identity.
Hilariously Mercury's kid actually hung out with people from that school, though Mercury himself just lived as a sort of localized Hunter for a town. His parenting style was listed as "The opposite of what Marcus did with me" and worked surprisingly well XD
Still teacher Merc could be theoretically fun.

Oh god
If Ren is the Oz, then Nora might be the Goodwitch.

Professor Valkyrie - *hefts up hammer* "DETENTION TIME!"

I asked my shipper friend, who's so into bumblebee that they've dragged me along with them, about why they want a kiss, and they said it's because the show had a heterosexual kiss (jaune and pyrrha? I dunno, i don't care), so they want parity.

I asked my shipper friend, who's so into bumblebee that they've dragged me along with them, about why they want a kiss, and they said it's because the show had a heterosexual kiss (jaune and pyrrha? I dunno, i don't care), so they want parity.
Not that I don't want a BB kiss but they do recall Pyrrha died right after that right?

Like I don't think a kiss is needed but I do think a direct confirmation of a relationship would help. Cause we have plenty of confirmation the two have feelings for each other but no confirmation of a relationship. One of them needs to tell the other they love them is all I'm saying. Like it's the natural progression of Yang and Blake's Story Arcs and it would be interesting to get to the "And then what?" part of those arcs.

Every time there has been an onscreen kiss (that I can remember), it is followed not long after by danger and death.
That's mostly because the people doing the kissing are doing it in dramatic moments or ways, usually to avoid or bypass some motional block and that's as a general rule not cool or healthy.

This is why a lot of BB fans were happy they didn't kiss after reuniting in V8 because it would have instantly been overshadowed by Ironwood's announcement and the general tension that followed that.

Beyond that, more or less what Teen Spirit said, I'm less focused on a kiss, and feelings have been discussed and confirmed, but something to officiate a relationship would be nice.

Not that I don't want a BB kiss but they do recall Pyrrha died right after that right?

I'm sure they do. That was the explanation they gave me, and I didn't want to push. I don't need a kiss, i consider them to be girlfriends. I used to. Before volume 8, i was all "they'd better kiss" because it would be an acknowledgement of them being in a relationship. But as posted earlier, I decided they were when Blake laughed at one of Yang's jokes, and the kiss didn't matter anymore. I understand their need to have a public display of affection between two queer women, and playing it in subtext, while the heterosexual relationship, doomed tho it may be, gets told through the text of the story. Did nora and ren kiss? (you can tell how much I pay attention to romances)

Yeah like, even if that were true, sending people death threats over it remains insane behavior.

Like, I hate FMA Brotherhood, I legit do not enjoy the series and think very poorly of its characters, plot structure and themes and the less said of its handing of genocide and race the better. Yet its propped up as one of the best anime's ever and critiquing it has seen people get harassed and bullied by its fans, but you know what I don't do?

I don't send death threats over it.
Sorry for the tangent, but it's the first time I've seen this opinion on FMA Brotherhodd, are you interested in telling what are the problems you have with it? (in PM if you prefer)

Sorry for the tangent, but it's the first time I've seen this opinion on FMA Brotherhodd, are you interested in telling what are the problems you have with it? (in PM if you prefer)
Sure, though there are others I know who have a lot of blog posts on the topic already if you like and I think there's a video that came out recently too, though its a bit rambly, hit me with a PM :)

Beyond that, more or less what Teen Spirit said, I'm less focused on a kiss, and feelings have been discussed and confirmed, but something to officiate a relationship would be nice.
Ruby or Weiss finds a little shelter made of leaves on the Island with Yang and Blake's clothes outside of it after a few days, and gets more trauma when she looks?
They did, or more, Nora dragged Ren into a kiss in a desperate bid to force the issue of romance and resolve the brewing conflict between them and then Tyrian started murdering people and everything got worse.
And a day or two later she decided they needed to slow down so she can find more to herself than her power and him so she doesn't almost cripple herself looking for purpose again.

Back