RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
However they weren't giant Nevermores. Also does anyone else think that Cinder planted a virus and is going to use it to take control of Ironwood's robots?

However they weren't giant Nevermores.
I don't know, considering the kaboom they made when crashing I'd say they were pretty big.
Also does anyone else think that Cinder planted a virus and is going to use it to take control of Ironwood's robots?
Considering that her plan so far seems to have been to marginalize Ozpin while riling up Ironwood? Yes.

Also she's managed to lay hands on a fair amount of his new equipment (good number of Paladins on that train) I can see her getting tech related to controlling the bots. As for commanding the Knights, she did monkey around with the biggest communication system in the Kingdom.

Coco is far more fabulous than I thought she would be. I expected more military-ish style given her beret and team color scheme but she now seems more akin to a feminine, fashion-concious asskicker like Bayonetta with her groinstomps and purse weapon.

Coco is far more fabulous than I thought she would be. I expected more military-ish style given her beret and team color scheme but she now seems more akin to a feminine, fashion-concious asskicker like Bayonetta with her groinstomps and purse weapon.

I kind of pegged her that way from the start. Didn't expect the minigun however.

Not a big fan of Coco, to be honest.

I mean, seriously, what's her appeal?

I dunno, she's just cool.

Her lines could have been handled a bit . . . a lot . . . better if they wanted to make her come off as the chic chick.

"I liked that boutique"

Rather than

"You just destroyed my favorite clothing store."

Which makes it sound like the scriptwriters were sitting down like seven year olds and using a barbie doll as an imagination aid to write down what a fashionable girl would say.

But then, I get the feeling that the kind of dialogue that crops up in RWBY isn't always things the Rooster Teeth staff has a lot of experience with. A may be wrong as I only know them for RvB, but that series has always been built on camp.

RWBY on the other hand uses its camp to excuse low production values and enable it to tell its story in the first place. The scripts have definitely gotten better, but from time to time they still miss their mark badly.

Last edited:
Her lines could have been handled a bit . . . a lot . . . better if they wanted to make her come off as the chic chick.

"I liked that boutique"

Rather than

"You just destroyed my favorite clothing store."

Which makes it sound like the scriptwriters were sitting down like seven year olds and using a barbie doll as an imagination aid to write down what a fashionable girl would say.

But then, I get the feeling that the kind of dialogue that crops up in RWBY isn't always things the Rooster Teeth staff has a lot of experience with. A may be wrong as I only know them for RvB, but that series has always been built on camp.

RWBY on the other hand uses its camp to excuse low production values and enable it to tell its story in the first place. The scripts have definitely gotten better, but from time to time they still miss their mark badly.

Personally she struck me more as the hipster type rather then the fashionable girl type

I want to cosplay as a RWBY character but I don't really like any of the male characters.

I am not one hundred against wearing a combat skirt, though.

I want to cosplay as a RWBY character but I don't really like any of the male characters.
I dunno, Fox seems pretty cool. Ozpin and Oobleck are neat too.

I am not one hundred against wearing a combat skirt, though.

Well, that does make figuring out who to dress up as a lot easier, at least in terms of how may options you have. Actually making the costumes on the other hand...

Yeah that's probably the only reason why I'll never cosplay, putting together a costume seems like it'd be a nightmare

Back