RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Eh... I've always felt the soul by definition is something too complex and sublime to be anything mundane, but now I'm slipping away from actual RWBY discussion, so I'll just reiterate that I like this idea simply because it might mean we'll see Penny again.
Your call, I know there's some others who feel the idea of spiritual stuff not being treated as such even within a fictional context is an issue even if it isn't for me.

Guess we'll have to see on Penny.

Eh... I've always felt the soul by definition is something too complex and sublime to be anything mundane, but now I'm slipping away from actual RWBY discussion, so I'll just reiterate that I like this idea simply because it might mean we'll see Penny again.
For me, a person is their mind and memories. If someone had the foresight to recover Penny's hard drive during the Fall of Beacon, or to back up her memories before she was destroyed, and then install them in a new body, then I don't see any reason that restored Penny would not have as much of a soul as the original did.

If the backup was one made before she left Atlas, and had no memories of Ruby... imagine how much of an emotional gut-punch that would be.

I recall toying with an idea of an after credits scene with Ciel who has gathered up Penny's pieces, is clearly going to access some cloth/time based Semblance and it cuts to black with her saying "Ok, lets see if this work."

That's one thing I've wondered about Jaune- could he heal Yang's arm? My guess is no.
The impression that I get is that he was basically using his Aura to reinforce Weiss' so that she could use it to heal the way she normally could if it hadn't been completely drained and broken already. So if Yang's own Aura can't regenerate her arm, then it probably still can't with Jaune boosting it.

Makes sense, especially since they probably performed some surgery to allow Yang to use the prosthetic arm.

Like, if someone had an arm cut off, and *on the spot* they held it against the wound and Jaune did his thing, I could see it, but the body doesn't exactly have mechanism to regrow arms to begin with, so without the reattachment option, I think the best he could do is 'close the wound fast.'

Crack Theory; Ruby isn't Qrow's bastard offspring, it's Emerald.

Proof; Red eyes, fights with Sickle-Revolvers, and a sickle is a type of scythe, and has some of the most horrendous luck in the series.

On the arm thing though, I can totally see technology on Remnant advancing (in decades at the soonest) to the point where they can use Aura to grow new limbs. Something like cloning in Halo even, which would be a cool reference, maybe.

[Discussion] Chibi Season 3, Episode 4: Grimm Passengers
I find it interesting that we're flashing back to the road trip episode. I have a feeling we'll get to see that day from more and more angles as the season progresses, just like with the Battle of the Bands from last season. And just like last season it will feature in a epic finale, specifically by showing us what happened in the bank robbery and resolving the cliffhanger from episode one. Because the writers are evil. :V

Huh, I just saw something interesting...
I checked the Japanese dub version of RWBY, and it seems like they combined every two episodes to create like 1 episode that is approximately 24 minutes long
And as they did that, they also cut off some parts of the episode.
RWBY VOLUME 1-3: The Beginning <Japanese Dub>

That's a good example, they cut like half of the Qrow vs Winter fight. Start watching from around 16:00.
They also cut stuff like Ruby waving at Penny, some of the dialogue between Ironwood and Qrow and probably other stuff (I only watched it for like 4 minutes and I already noticed some stuff that are missing).

That's... Quite weird, and disappointing I guess.
It means that the Japanese version is objectively inferior :\
Yeah, there were some odd cuts, but that's just the TV edit. The DVD/Blu-ray version of the Japanese dub was uncut.

[Discussion] Chibi Season 3, Episode 5: Girls' Night Out
RWBY Chibi is out:
This was pure gold!

That squeaky voice made me think Oscar for a second XD

Oh my gosh Merc has the puppet again.

Emerald's "Done with this shit" face is perfect, Mercury is so extra in his passive aggressive mocking its incredible, also amazing body language.

Neo wants him dead, I love this so much.

Cinder is huffing like a bull about to charge, oh gosh Merc has a crush on Cinder, oh gosh, help HAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow Cinder showed amazing restraint, Emerald is brutal, haha go Neo, oh gosh Merc, no hahahaha

Blake is amusing, Yang is so chipper, Ren is silently scathing to Jaune's dance moves.

I love how literal Ren is, he's so cute.

Such enthusiasm team!

Oh gosh photo albums, poor Ren, such a good friend.

Oh my gosh, Ruby, Yang, what did you do!? Why were you so literal!? Was that Juniors club? Oh gosh look what you've done Blake and Weiss have anxiety!

"Can we go one RWBY group outing without breaking the law!?" Asks Weiss. She'll never get her answer.

I fucking loved
the references to Emerald's more ambiguous villain status.

Cinder Puppet: You're so much better than Emerald.
Mercury: I know! She's all "boohoo! I don't know if I'm really Evil or just evil-curious."

I died. :rofl:

Edit:!!!!
!!!
The second sketch and the end credits had a new version of the Neon theme. Team FNKI in the next episode maybe?! :o

Plz? :cry:

Last edited:
Well...
Why was Ruby of all people cheering about the club being on fire?!
Also, what happened? Blake looks like she's suffering PTSD flashbacks to her White Fang days.

Back