RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:

Can anyone who has played Rwby Grimm Eclipse tell me if its worth the money?

I was going to get it a while back, but its seemingly on sale every week and now I'm worried.

I was going to get it a while back, but its seemingly on sale every week and now I'm worried.
I enjoyed it, though Boartusks are a nightmare to fight, some dislike the plot with Merlot overall, given Salem and Cinder I am more ambivalent to it myself. Anyway the mechanics are solid, the scenery is great and it falls into that category of, easy to learn, difficult to master which means its not too punishing,but still a challenge. End result, I had fun with it and you might to.

The subreddit banner has been updated:

Official mod statement:

Also, Yang's new outfit is very cowboy westernish. Someone on SB said the armoured stump was likely a preparatory mounting for a prosthetic, but given the likely breakdown in trade, pricey Atlesian prosthetics are likely out of the picture.

Last edited:
[Refugee-ing intensifies]

This might be the first time I had to be kicked because poor phrasing. So hello thread, first time here in like, forever.

Anyway, Ruby's clothes looks better in action, I still think her white boobage shirt stupid regardless, but it's never exposed anyway.

I don't think either of Ruby's newer outfits have ever been as cool as her original one, they white and black as they are clash rather than mesh due to the weird design, plus, eh, I'm always iffy when a character starts showing more skin, its not fanservicey but still, brings back bad memories.

Well, if you have friends to play it with, maybe. Otherwise, it depends on how much you are into the series and how much money you have. Also on the discount. For me who have little money, it's not really worth the price when I have so much alternate options to it. Granted, that's because the price in its adjusted value here in my country is still pretty high, but still.

The game, by itself, is not that good. In fact, it's downright monotonous when played alone. Of course, there's always the option of pirating it to try it then paying for it later anyways (Personally, it's no different from buying the game then refunding it on Steam - just without the time limit).

I don't think either of Ruby's newer outfits have ever been as cool as her original one, they white and black as they are clash rather than mesh due to the weird design, plus, eh, I'm always iffy when a character starts showing more skin, its not fanservicey but still, brings back bad memories.
I'm fine with skin and boobs, my problem is the shape of Ruby's shirt, it's sleeves was cut off from the armpit by design.

But again, it's hidden probably 100% of the time anyway. So I'm just nitpicking.

But yeah, Slayer is actually my favorite Ruby outfit, it has just the right color combination compared to this one.

Back