RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Didn't the creator of that show say that the reason It was canceled wasn't due to that and more that Disney wanted a more episodic series like Molly McGee due viewing story driven shows as a liability.

Some unnamed exec got very uncomfortable with it during production of season 2. Personally, I suspect it was the Emperor's origin story as a 1600s Puritan Christian on top of an openly gay main couple.

Yeah. Renora was clear from their first appearance but we didn't have a kiss until Volume 7.
And even after that the two of them have a lot of baggage to get through until they feel like a relationship is a good idea.
Plus, again, funding violently transphobic law makers and conversion camps, like, Disney is a legitimately bigotted and evil company that at best, is occasionally forced by staff and public pressure to not be totally inhumanely evil on a global scale.
I don't think the company and the people running it gives enough of a shit to be bigoted themselves, but is completely apathetic to how bigoted the people it works with are out of the blind pursuit of further profits, only saying things one way or the other because it will make a bit more money that day with no regard for following through unless failing to do so would cost them money. Their wishy-washiness is starting to come around to bite them and everyone in the state in the ass though.
If you are talking about DIsney getting hold of RoosterTeeth/RWBY, then that would mean WarnerBrothers would hand them over to the House of Mouse.
I figured they meant the Mouse buying out the Warners entirely.
Now next stage, how has Ruby herself grown in the same regard?
She internalized Ozpin's advice in the first volume, though not to the same extreme as he did.
How do we think she will grow after The Fall of Atlas and their time on The Island?
Honestly she needs to let go of things for a while and relax, and to stop taking on everything herself I think.

Last edited:
What are you guys talking about? Blake and Yang are so obviously in a relationship. I knew they were when Blake laughed at Yang's dumb joke. What more would you need?

Also, while only nominally on topic, I find anyone praising Disney for Queer Rep to be rather ill informed at best given they cancelled their most popular shows solely cos the main romance was WLW, and was, as of this year, funneling money into conversion camp supporting and violently transphobic law makers coffers and only stopped due to active rebellion within the company.
This again...

View: https://youtu.be/vgkVIMlnXLo
In summation
1. Disney, animation as a whole, is pivoting younger and more episodic, hence the Batcar being a real upcoming series
2. Covid budget cuts
3. Amphibia also got seriously tightened but was in production earlier so allowed to finish, mostly, before ended.

Also please do not bring political stuff here as you kniw can't be rebutted without drawing mods. Its like your dropping "grooming" as a conversation director. Only more conversation killer

This again...

View: https://youtu.be/vgkVIMlnXLo
In summation
1. Disney, animation as a whole, is pivoting younger and more episodic, hence the Batcar being a real upcoming series
2. Covid budget cuts
3. Amphibia also got seriously tightened but was in production earlier so allowed to finish, mostly, before ended.

Also please do not bring political stuff here as you kniw can't be rebutted without drawing mods. Its like your dropping "grooming" as a conversation director. Only more conversation killer

Except any discussion of art is inherently political so I guess we should stop talking about the series entirely :V

Personally, I think Bees would progress faster if the girls had the opportunity to be alone together for more than ten minutes at a time. People not trying to kill them world be even better.

Yeah. I mean, killing the abusive stalker when he left them no other choice may be an epic moment, but I suspect they'd both prefer more of the gentle head touch moments instead :p

They might have time to actually deal with things during the next volume at least?
Assuming that they either do not have an impetus to return to the material plane (which they probably do given the situation they were in) or the beach itself doesn't have an urgency that they need to escape from (like in Old)

*Blake returns home and finds Yang curled up and crying on the couch*

Blake - "Yang?! What's wrong?"

Yang - *immediately hugs Blake* "You came back. You left, but you came back..."

Blake - *returns the hug* "I was only gone for 40 minutes. I got groceries." "She's like a puppy."
That's funny but I also think it should apply to Blake, like she leaves and then the existential dread starts to set in "What if I never see her again" so she starts doubling back but "No, I made a commitment, to get us those curly fries and carrots!" So now she's racing down to the store, shadow stepping between people to get stuff first and bursting through the door when she gets home in the most dramatic manner possible.

...yeah, because extreme emotional dependence to the point where you suffer a breakdown without the other person is so kawaii desu~

Back