RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Well yeah, 'cause that's real life. Fiction is way more dramatic and has to sell an audience on an idea hard enough or their goldfish brains wont notice or remember it.

So do we want the show to be "real" and have the character work for it and it just flow naturally, or do we want to see the check boxes of "not established until there is a kiss" or someone says "I Love You"?

So do we want the show to be "real" and have the character work for it and it just flow naturally, or do we want to see the check boxes of "not established until there is a kiss" or someone says "I Love You"?
Both, obviously. You need to sell the buildup and the conclusion. You do the former organically and the latter dramatically.

Jesus the sheer cope in that made me feel bad for the writer. It's been what? Three years since the show paired Yang and Blake up? The development since then has been so slow that people are now trying to twist themselves in to pretzels to justify the lack of anything substantial happening. I really feel like Roosterteeth just aren't brave enough to commit to the relationship at this point, at least not in a way that requires them to be upfront about it instead of just making vague allusions.
I mean I do disagree with the notion that Blake and Yang are already in a relationship but I do think the show has gone out of it's way to make clear the two have strong romantic feelings for each other and their relationship is..somewhere inbetween a romantic relationship and being best friends. I don't think RWBY is scared to progress it to full romance, I just think they're picky about when they want that to happen because it's two main characters.
I always figured maybe they were just not good at (or maybe interested in) writing romance scenes. It's not like there's other romantic relationships getting a lot of development in contrast to Bumblebee.

Last edited:
I always figured maybe they were just not good at (or maybe interested in) writing romance. It's not like there's other romantic relationships getting a lot of development in contrast to Bumblebee.
I ain't gunna say that they're bad, but I am going to say that they're so committed to keeping a queer relationship on the down-low that they could work for Disney.

I ain't gunna say that they're bad, but I am going to say that they're so committed to keeping a queer relationship on the down-low that they could work for Disney.
Nora Ren was also super slow burn, too, even though they actually started out with Nora crushing on Ren. I think the only romance that moved at a reasonable pace (in terms of show time) was Jaune Pyrrha and that got rushed by her death.

Nora Ren was also super slow burn, too, even though they actually started out with Nora crushing on Ren. I think the only romance that moved at a reasonable pace (in terms of show time) was Jaune Pyrrha and that got rushed by her death.
Jaune and Pyrrha was solid, but honestly if I feel like being cynical (and I do! Fantastic!) I'll say that the only reason Jaune and Pyrrha are so highly regarded is 'cause Pyrrha got herself Cinder-ed. Death has a way of elevating something to absurd heights.

Eeeeeh, not really a good take given Disney's strides to LGBT content.

Yes, most of the time, it'll be just a few seconds or so that they can conveniently cut for the Chinese release and they got embroiled in that whole controversy from a couple of months back, but considering that it was a Disney property that reignited the debate regarding the pacing of Bumblebee's development, it's a counterintuitive take.

Last edited:

Yes, most of the time, it'll be just a few seconds or so that they can conveniently cut for the Chinese release and they got embroiled in that whole controversy from a couple of months back, but considering that it was a Disney property that reignited the debate regarding the pacing of Bumblebee's development, it's a counterintuitive take.
I wasn't aware that they had been making strides. Neat.

Still, I feel like until they establish a solid enough track record, taking shots at them for being cowards about queers is within acceptable tolerances.

Last edited:
Also, while only nominally on topic, I find anyone praising Disney for Queer Rep to be rather ill informed at best given they cancelled their most popular shows solely cos the main romance was WLW, and was, as of this year, funneling money into conversion camp supporting and violently transphobic law makers coffers and only stopped due to active rebellion within the company.

Also, while only nominally on topic, I find anyone praising Disney for Queer Rep to be rather ill informed at best given they cancelled their most popular shows solely cos the main romance was WLW, and was, as of this year, funneling money into conversion camp supporting and violently transphobic law makers coffers and only stopped due to active rebellion within the company.
Didn't the creator of that show say that the reason It was canceled wasn't due to that and more that Disney wanted a more episodic series like Molly McGee due viewing story driven shows as a liability.

Didn't the creator of that show say that the reason It was canceled wasn't due to that and more that Disney wanted a more episodic series like Molly McGee due viewing story driven shows as a liability.
Not that I'd heard, and frankly given Disney let Amphibia tells its whole story but cancelled Owl House, and did so despite the Owl Houses major popularity, that sounds like an excuse at best. Plus, again, funding violently transphobic law makers and conversion camps, like, Disney is a legitimately bigotted and evil company that at best, is occasionally forced by staff and public pressure to not be totally inhumanely evil on a global scale.

Disney is weird with there Cartoons since they apparently have a 65 episode limit for any show becasue apparently you can show 4 such shows in a year, there are exceptions though such as Kim Possible but those are the exceptions and not the rule.
More information here
disney.fandom.com

65th Episode Rule

The 65th Episode Rule was a controversial rule that applied to all Disney television shows, particularly during the late 1990s and early 2000s stating that no show can go beyond 65 episodes (2 or 3 seasons). This rule angered many Disney Channel fans, due to the fact that many shows had been...

Jesus the sheer cope in that made me feel bad for the writer. It's been what? Three years since the show paired Yang and Blake up? The development since then has been so slow that people are now trying to twist themselves in to pretzels to justify the lack of anything substantial happening. I really feel like Roosterteeth just aren't brave enough to commit to the relationship at this point, at least not in a way that requires them to be upfront about it instead of just making vague allusions.
Jeez dude, slow burn is a thing. It's not for everyone, but to jump from that to accusations of coping and RT not being able to commit is going from 30 to 100.

Disney is weird with there Cartoons since they apparently have a 65 episode limit for any show becasue apparently you can show 4 such shows in a year, there are exceptions though such as Kim Possible but those are the exceptions and not the rule.
Interesting but I am suspicious given that begs the question of why the Owl House was expecting three seasons then suddenly didn't get them, you'd think this is something they'd tell their writers and showrunners but apparently not?

A disney property disney cancelled for being too gay; way to bury the lead lmao.

Dudes? This isn't a Disney thread.

this thread almost became an Arcane thread for a moment earlier today. XD

Give it a few more years...

If you are talking about DIsney getting hold of RoosterTeeth/RWBY, then that would mean WarnerBrothers would hand them over to the House of Mouse.

______
Anyway
the other day I posted comments made by WBY in regards to their drive and asked how it's changed.

Now next stage, how has Ruby herself grown in the same regard?
How do we think she will grow after The Fall of Atlas and their time on The Island?

Back