RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
I just thought that Ruby's eyes burned magic/turned it to stone since magic was from the GOD like Grimm.

If Silver Eyes effected all things with a connection to magic then we would of seen her Eye Blasts also hurt Raven (Bird Magic and Spring Maiden Magic) and Penny (Winter Maiden).
But, as Maria pointed out to Ruby, the Silver Eyes only target beings of destruction, which is what Grimm are. The Silver Light is meant to preserve life.

What I think happened

the grim bug that leeched the maiden powers that is infesting Cinder was burned while inside Cinder's body, that internal damage blew Cinders Aura and without her Aura she lacked a means of interfacing with the magic she had summoned to her hand resulting in it exploding like a grenade taking that Arm and side of her face with it

the creeping Grimm bug is likely hollowing Cinder out to replace Grimm matter it lost to Ruby's Eye lasers

the creeping Grimm bug is likely hollowing Cinder out to replace Grimm matter it lost to Ruby's Eye lasers

And Winters sword. I mean, Grimm probably don't NEED biomass to replace mass lost, but Cinder has to have at least a sense of unease towards it by now, and by God (Of Darkness), it's gonna do its job to spread fear!

for all we know between V3 and V4 the staff forgot which side the Bug Glove was on in the flash back and just went with both injuries being on her left side.
Also, hasn't there been a fan theory post somewhere before that Cinder is kind of a dark reflection of each member of Team RWBY?

Putting aside that Twitter biases trending results based off your searches, it's likely also because a lot of people are talking about how RTX are gonna be charging people to get the livestreams this year with a twenty dollar entry fee, but will still cut trailers and trailers despite now charging people for content that was up to now always free.

Or because their idea of an autograph raffle involves a six hundred and fifty dollar buy-in for a potential chance at one, which is one of the most pathetic and grubby moves I've seen all year. A guaranteed autograph for the record costs 1500.

Last edited:
Putting aside that Twitter biases trending results based off your searches, it's likely also because a lot of people are talking about how RTX are gonna be charging people to get the livestreams this year with a twenty dollar entry fee, but will still cut trailers and trailers despite now charging people for content that was up to now always free.

Or because their idea of an autograph raffle involves a six hundred and fifty dollar buy-in for a potential chance at one, which is one of the most pathetic and grubby moves I've seen all year. A guaranteed autograph for the record costs 1500.
To be fair, they sell bomber jackets for like, 600 dollars, and they haven't had a new Volume for RWBY so they might be very desperate for them dollar signs and wanting to make all the money in the world.

How old was Professor Ozpin?
I don't think they revealed his age, but given what Weiss said about him being the youngest when he became Headmaster and the fact that the Academies were founded 80 years ago, the ballpark guess would be about 60 or 70, since ten to twenty years might be enough time for the previous Ozcarnation to croak, reincarnate into a boy, assimilate him into the gestalt of Ozes, then apply for Beacon.

Last edited:
Back