RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:

If true, there could be two reasons why Cinder is the only one who didn't know about SEW:
  • she's the most recent member of the inner circle and didn't proved herself enough to be privy to some of Salem's more secret projects (Cinder might had earned that "senior" position after the fall of Beacon)
  • Salem knows that Cinder is a potential wild card and not completely loyal to her, so she withdrew some information from her

If true, there could be two reasons why Cinder is the only one who didn't know about SEW:
  • she's the most recent member of the inner circle and didn't proved herself enough to be privy to some of Salem's more secret projects (Cinder might had earned that "senior" position after the fall of Beacon)
  • Salem knows that Cinder is a potential wild card and not completely loyal to her, so she withdrew some information from her

I think it is more the second point.

EDIT hours later:
Mother's Day Team RWBY

Last edited:
Honestly both of those are good rationales and I could even see it basically being both, sort of like Salem didn't tell Cinder at first because she didn't rank high enough but over time it became clear Cinder is not wholly reliable due to her personal goals and so she keeps it a secret. Plus, given Cinder has a Grimm arm grafted on, I imagine she might not react well to seeing a more advanced spin on that idea.

DigiRWBY, now with Bees (and Winter) (I don't know the mons Blake and Yang have)
undefined

They're Lunamon, Blake, and Coronamon, Yang. The two being the Child stages of two members of the Olympus 12, Dianamon and Apollomon.

Also on an interesting note for anyone not familiar with digimon; All of the members aside from Ruby have their partner in the Child stage which is considered the 'default' stage. Ruby's meanwhile is in the Baby (2) stage which is an earlier and weaker stage.

Honestly both of those are good rationales and I could even see it basically being both, sort of like Salem didn't tell Cinder at first because she didn't rank high enough but over time it became clear Cinder is not wholly reliable due to her personal goals and so she keeps it a secret. Plus, given Cinder has a Grimm arm grafted on, I imagine she might not react well to seeing a more advanced spin on that idea.
Except she only got the arm post Ruby blasting her and during her recovery at the beginning of Volume 4 was when she was informed of said warriors, since it was the Grimm bug that allowed her to steal Amber's powers which was what allowed Ruby's Silver Eye blast to nearly killed her it would mean Salem did not tell her about the Silver Eyed Warrior powers being her new weakness because she most likely thought that Cinders newly acquired Maiden powers would do the trick or that she did not think Cinder would not run into one possibly because maybe she thought she finally either killed them all and turned them into prototypes for the Hound.

Last edited:
Except she only got the arm post Ruby blasting her and during her recovery at the beginning of Volume 4 was when she was informed of said warriors, since it was the Grimm bug that allowed her to steal Amber's powers which was what allowed Ruby's Silver Eye blast to nearly killed her it would mean Salem did not tell her about the Silver Eyed Warrior powers being her new weakness because she most likely thought that Cinders newly acquired Maiden powers would do the trick or that she did not think Cinder would not run into one possibly because maybe she thought she finally either killed them all and turned them into prototypes for the Hound.
... That still means Salem was not bringing up the fact Silver Eyed warriors exist and that she's experimenting on them and given Cinder did get a Grimm infused into her, I can see pre arm loss Cinder still being wigged by the Hound, let alone post arm loss Cinder.

Didn't she get the grimm arm cause Ruby literally burned her arm off?
Yes, she did, the Grimm we are talking about is the implant she got from Salem that allowed her to absorb Ambers Maiden powers so she could circumvent the usual rules of how Maiden powers are transfered.

What is being pointed out is that Salem for some reason did not tell Cinder that by using said method she is now vulnerable to Silver Eyed Warriors.

the real reason Raven doesn't just portal to her friends at any time
Raven feeling lost, portals to Tai. She finds him in bed asleep seemingly very happy she decides to leave, this time to go see Summer, only to find herself back in Tai's room looking back at Tai again only this time she notices the familiar shape of her 2nd favorite teammate under the covers, freaking out she portals to Qrow, She once again finds herself in Tai's room.

Qrow walks in fresh from the shower

Qrow: Summer!?, remind me to get more frosting we used the last of it.

Summer from under the covers: O'kay

Last edited:
Back