RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Oh god, this episode has the feeling of "Everything is about to fall apart".

The music, the staging, just... all of it. It seems like someone is going to die, and... Oh god, next week is going to be heart-wrenching for me, I just know it. God...

Again, moving toward him. She can move really, really, really fast, yes indeed, but he's probably anticipating her moving towards him as well. It's a narrow corridor with only one way out, and that involves turning her back to him, which will likely get her killed. He knows that the only chance that offers a fraction of survival possibility is to try and go around him (He was watching the fights, so I'm pretty sure he know of her semblance), and will probably clothesline her with his pimp as fuck metal leg.

She's also unarmed which further limits her options. If anything RWBY is more agile with Crescent Rose thanks to using it as a recoil pogo stick.

Last edited:
Wait, what if mecruy's there specifically to keep Ruby occupied, maybe oenny told her handlers ruby knows shes a robot, and thus cinder know ruby knows combined with her knowledge of pyrrha's semblance and her own speed semblance she has a decent chance of interrupting the fight if things begin to turn ugly.

Wait, what if mecruy's there specifically to keep Ruby occupied, maybe oenny told her handlers ruby knows shes a robot, and thus cinder know ruby knows combined with her knowledge of pyrrha's semblance and her own speed semblance she has a decent chance of interrupting the fight if things begin to turn ugly.
Wait... if Cinder hijacked the Atlas robot network like we think she might have... you don't think that she's hacked Penny, do you?
She might cause Penny to fight in an overly aggressive fashion, making Pyrrha to counter in an equally destructive fashion.

Wait... if Cinder hijacked the Atlas robot network like we think she might have... you don't think that she's hacked Penny, do you?
She might cause Penny to fight in an overly aggressive fashion, making Pyrrha to counter in an equally destructive fashion.
If I had to guess Cinder is going to set the final stages of her plan in motion soon. If I had to guess this is her plan.

1. She will probably do something with Penny to force Pyrrha to possibly kill her or at least damage the girl enough to reveal the whole robot thing, on world wide television.
  2. Then she will probably take control of all the Atlas robots and cause them to attack, again on world wide TV.
  3. During the panic Emerald and Mercury will slip out of the stadium and probably set off some bombs that will cause the thing to crash. If Cinder can control where it will crash i'd bet she'd aim for the communications tower.
  4. Then the White Fang appear to continue the distraction, possibly even fear mongering people into thinking this is all a plan of the Atlas Government, a prelude to a war.
  5. While all this is going on she and some Elites will attempt to kill Amber.

I'm gonna say the fact that Penny has a soul is a hard counter to getting hacked, but that's just me.

I'm hoping that whatever Penny is planning to get Ironwood to let her stay at Beacon will end up throwing a wrench into Cinder's plan. That and/or Cinder assuming that Penny is merely a robot with an aura grafted on imitating a human personality rather than a robot with a human personality.

Or she loses control of her body but her mind is still there, you know for the extra tragedy, she's begging for herself to stop while her body is attacking.

Maybe.

You know, now I'm actually wondering how Penny would win this fight, given Pyrrha's Semblance. My best bet at the moment involves hanging back ans making sure that Pyrrha can't get into melee range, before laser spamming everything. That and hitting her from multiple directions with her remote control swords, to divide her attention and increase the chance of landing a successful hit.

wait, question

Does IRONWOOD know what Pyrrha's Semblance is?

The answer is dependent on questions we don't have answered, such as whether Pyrrha has ever needed to tell her teachers or the tournament officials what her Semblance is, or whether her professors ever figured it out (If Mercury could see it, Glynda could, and as Pyrrha's combat instructor she has a vested interest in learning about her students' strengths and weaknesses), or whether her professors would tell Ironwood, or whether Ironwood ever told his fellow Illuminati about Penny such that Glynda might think to warn him.

What I'm saying is, there is the REMOTE possibility that, after Ironwood saw the "random match-up", he could quickly radio Penny to let her know what Pyrrha could do to her if pushed to use her Semblance.

Alternatively, he had wisely realized that such a match-up was possible much earlier, and Penny's known for a while now.

Plus, we don't know Penny's own Semblance; might be not be something that can counter polarity?

My current thoughts are that the match is about to start, and Penny starts looking for Ruby to see if she is watching.

Friend Ruby not detected.
Broadening scan.
Friend Ruby located.
Friend Ruby is displaying signs of combat.
You are combat ready!

"Apologies Phyrra but Ruby is in danger! I forfeit."

Penny zooms away to save Friend Ruby.

Back