RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
I mean, you're the only bringing him up.
He's come up before, like here where he's framed rather positively and given certain posters penchant for sharing any negative RWBY video that pops up, and the fact many of the RWDE-Tube community are all buddy buddy, it seemed worth suggesting.
Some random Anime news reporter who finds random Twitter posts to poke fun of and people don't realize that by complaining about him, he is basically living rent free in their head. He even makes the occasional video where he pokes fun at how people get upset with merely his name.

On that similar topic, I have not seen anyone complain to RT about this. In fact, one of the usual suspects (Adel Aka) actually didn't say anything about "TEH END OF ROOSTER TEETH!" or "RWBY IS CANCELLED!". Outside of using Google Trends, he outright said that he thinks the delay is a good thing, citing how Volume 3 had a similar delay (for different reasons) and its quality was one of the best.

He's come up before, like here where he's framed rather positively and given certain posters penchant for sharing any negative RWBY video that pops up, and the fact many of the RWDE-Tube community are all buddy buddy, it seemed worth suggesting.
That was half a year ago.

That's a real great way of not addressing anything I said.
My point is that Adel is not a common talking point in this thread, especially since every other mention of Adel is just how much he sucks and any positive speak of him gets quickly obliterated here.

Like, the last time he was mentioned was in October. That post in August was a very rare moment where he was said in a positive light. The only reason he was framed positively is because he didn't go "TEH END OF ROOSTER TEETH!"

Last edited:
My point is that Adel is not a common talking point in this thread, especially since every other mention of Adel is just how much he sucks and any positive speak of him gets quickly obliterated here.

Like, the last time he was mentioned was in October.
Here's the sequence of events:

Me: Suggests we should ban Adel Aka content because he's a disgusting human being who glorifies rape.
You: act like me bringing him up is the problem, rather this Adel Aka's behavior and position in the RWBY community.
Me: I note that others have brought him up in the past and certain people have a penchant for sharing RWDE videos of friends of Adel Aka's so it seems worth making others aware of this problem.
You: Seemingly complain that positive mentions of Adel Aka, the rape glorifier, get quickly obliterated and continue to insist that cos he came up awhile ago it doesn't matter.

Hey folks, the capital riots happened a year ago, we can all forget about it now and the only one who is the problem is the one bringing it up!

See why I take issue with your stance?

I mean, I'm not surprised. I remember their claim about Sappron and Terra appearing on screen without everyone reacting to them with horror and loathing meant that anti-LGBT views didn't exist on Remnant, and thus it made no sense for Mays parents to have any problems with her whatsoever, oh and she only transitioned to spite them. So, yeah. Utter fuckstain.
I thought it was word of god that Remnant didn't have any history of against LGBT.

I think it was mentioned when the non binary first mate of the captain was introduced.

If I were to remake RWBY, with as many resources as I wanted, I would only make three changes, besides giving RT the resources to not have to cut corners:
  1. I would have made the show in the hand drawn stile of the concept art, the show current style is great, I just prefer how the concept art looks.
  2. I would have moved Adam confrontation and death to Volume 7/8, while there is the big issue that the Bees reaction to the confrontation drives a lot of what happened in this volumes I feel that his themes fit more with with what is happening in those volumes than in V6.
  3. I would have made it so initially Robyn and HH were unknowingly working with Salem, I like the idea of Salem using the fact that nobody knows that she exists to manipulate heroic characters into helping her, it serves to show how the secrecy helps her.

'Rent Free in his head.' Always hate that line. Anyway. Adel is a fuckstain, moving on!

Monty's Vision!

Literally Monty would talk about how he did stuff like randomly smear ketchup on a napkin to make the basic shape of the world map because he wanted to have this element of "chaos," of stuff about the world and story that he didn't fully control and rigidly plan out way ahead of time, that he thought doing it that way would make his work feel artificial and would limit it.

So all these motherfuckers talking about how Miles and Kerry should enslave themselves to some nebulously-defined "vision" of Monty's and treat his every scribble as gospel are missing the point so hard and clearly knew nothing about this man or his ideas about the creative process. Which of course is unsurprising, because most of the time they're just using it as a dogwhistle to demand the show cater to their stupid whims without actually saying that.

Last edited:
Hand drawn animation is vastly more expensive than 3D, they'd be back to like, five minute episodes and vastly longer production times.

I don't see how Adam ties into the Atlas Arc at all given his entire thing is weaponizing his and others abuse in a selfish quest for power and bloodshed; IE he doesn't actually give a shit about his brand except how he can use it as a tool to manipulate people for his own ends.

And having the HH be stooges for Salem just plays into what Ironwood stans wanted, IE "How dare those women who care about poor people question the all mighty dictator, they must be working for Salem!" Like, there's people to work for Salem unwittingly, his name is Jac.

Literally Monty would talk about how he did stuff like randomly smear ketchup on a napkin to make the basic shape of the world map because he wanted to have this element of "chaos," of stuff about the world and story that he didn't fully control and rigidly plan out way ahead of time, that he thought doing it that way would make his work feel artificial and would limit it.

So all these motherfuckers talking about how Miles and Kerry should enslave themselves to some nebulously-defined "vision" of Monty's and treat his every scribble as gospel are missing the point so hard and clearly knew nothing about this man or his ideas about the creative process. Which of course is unsurprising, because most of the time they're just using it as a dogwhistle to demand the show cater to their stupid whims without actually saying that.
Let's also not forget the arrogance to think that they, someone who never met the man, somehow know what he would have wanted more than his actual friends.

Here's the sequence of events:

Me: Suggests we should ban Adel Aka content because he's a disgusting human being who glorifies rape.
You: act like me bringing him up is the problem, rather this Adel Aka's behavior and position in the RWBY community.
Me: I note that others have brought him up in the past and certain people have a penchant for sharing RWDE videos of friends of Adel Aka's so it seems worth making others aware of this problem.
You: Seemingly complain that positive mentions of Adel Aka, the rape glorifier, get quickly obliterated and continue to insist that cos he came up awhile ago it doesn't matter.

See why I take issue with your stance?
Somewhat.

I have no problem banning the talk of him. My issue was how you just decide to bring this up randomly, as though he was a commonly talked about person in this thread. No one talked about him since October and even then, no one talks about him unless it's to shit on him. The rare exception was, again, August. And that was more about "oh hey, the only RWDE-Tuber who doesn't point to a Google analytic every time RT posts something on Twitter". I'm the only member of these "others" and even I know it's not worth my salt to talk about him.

I only said "you're the only one bringing him up" because it was basically an unspoken rule that we don't talk about Adel. I'll drop the topic. Especially since there's another topic that's better to talk about.

If I were to remake RWBY, with as many resources as I wanted, I would only make three changes, besides giving RT the resources to not have to cut corners:
  1. I would have made the show in the hand drawn stile of the concept art, the show current style is great, I just prefer how the concept art looks.
  2. I would have moved Adam confrontation and death to Volume 7/8, while there is the big issue that the Bees reaction to the confrontation drives a lot of what happened in this volumes I feel that his themes fit more with with what is happening in those volumes than in V6.
  3. I would have made it so initially Robyn and HH were unknowingly working with Salem, I like the idea of Salem using the fact that nobody knows that she exists to manipulate heroic characters into helping her, it serves to show how the secrecy helps her.
I posted some rewrites on a Reddit, though admittedly they were pretty convoluted and massive. At most, they were tweaks to make some of the plot points in RWBY make more sense, but even then some of those tweaks might not make sense now.

There was this Volume 8 rewrite I'm proud of, but even then, it's mostly fanfiction set around Volume 8.

Last edited:
I mean if you want to talk about Robyn one thing that can be questionable is her use of a paramilitary group during her election. Which is not a good look in any election.

But then again maybe it's different in Remnant where candidates and parties having their own private armed wing is completely common.

I mean if you want to talk about Robyn one thing that can be questionable is her use of a paramilitary group during her election. Which is not a good look in any election.

But then again maybe it's different in Remnant where candidates and parties having their own private armed wing is completely common.

Given how Huntsmen are supposed to be independent from the military, and Robyns team predated her running for election, I'd say trying to call her out for that is exceptionally questionable at best.

Somewhat.

I have no problem banning the talk of him. My issue was how you just decide to bring this up randomly, as though he was a commonly talked about person in this thread. No one talked about him since October and even then, no one talks about him unless it's to shit on him. The rare exception was, again, August. And that was more about "oh hey, the only RWDE-Tuber who doesn't point to a Google analytic every time RT posts something on Twitter". I'm the only member of these "others" and even I know it's not worth my salt to talk about him.

I only said "you're the only one bringing him up" because it was basically an unspoken rule that we don't talk about Adel. I'll drop the topic. Especially since there's another topic that's better to talk about.
It was in no way an unspoken rule and I brought it up cos I stumbled on that content; you're the one who decided to make a fuss about it and complained about positive talk of the rape glorifier being shot down and followed it up with trying to justify said positive content.

.... You do recall the whole idea behind Academy graduated Hunters is that they get to pick and choose their missions, political parties and the like right? Like, this is basically going, "Oooh, Robyn has her friends and fellow academy graduates helping out as her security, oooh!"

I mean its actually pretty good that she's not Connected to the army because that would mean they have even more control

Really, use of huntsmen would be a grey area in situations like this at the best of times. When the Atlas Military is neglecting its responsibilities to defend Mantle, actively stealing the resources marked for maintaining Mantles defenses, AND people who publicly oppose Ironwood are being murdered (By Watts and Tyrian, but no one knows that yet)? Having a team of well armed bodyguards to keep the council candidate safe and investigate the situation just makes sense.

I mean, the alternative is to just let the Hutnsmen do their thing and just pray that Salem or any of her goons isn't lining their pockets.

You do recall the whole idea behind Academy graduated Hunters is that they get to pick and choose their missions, political parties and the like right?

Yeah that turned into a questionable idea when Adam responded to Cinder trying to recruit the White Fang by telling her to just hire some morally bankrupt Huntsmen for her terrorist attacks on Vale.

Last edited:
Back