RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Obviously Vale's PD has insufficient dakka. They should get more. :V (Because relying on what are essentially mercenaries to ensure law and order against higher tier threats is probably a bad thing for government stability)
I think the Hunter system was created specifically to avoid the super powered warriors being bound specifically to the Government though so I'm not so sure that'd be a good idea.

I think the Hunter system was created specifically to avoid the super powered warriors being bound specifically to the Government though so I'm not so sure that'd be a good idea.

They aren't bound, but they do take missions, and the purpose they're unbound for is so they can focus on helping people. There's also only 4 nations, so the odds of one not having available hunters is pretty low.

It's not like there's a nation who's much smaller and thus hunters'd avoid.

It's set up so it's pretty hard to use them as agents against each nation, and that if one is in a nation it's easy for that nation to use them on legitimate problems even if they aren't from that one. And it seems like it does at least a reasonable job of that, if in large part due to general teaching of hunter ethics to encourage hunters as 'heroes to all'.

They aren't bound, but they do take missions, and the purpose they're unbound for is so they can focus on helping people. There's also only 4 nations, so the odds of one not having available hunters is pretty low.

It's not like there's a nation who's much smaller and thus hunters'd avoid.

It's set up so it's pretty hard to use them as agents against each nation, and that if one is in a nation it's easy for that nation to use them on legitimate problems even if they aren't from that one. And it seems like it does at least a reasonable job of that, if in large part due to general teaching of hunter ethics to encourage hunters as 'heroes to all'.
"We are Hunters. Despite what Atlas tries to make of us, we are not soldiers or police or agents of the Kingdoms. We care not for your color, your name, your heritage, your status, your income, or your allegience. We are Hunters. We are the Light against Darkness. We go where we are needed, where the world needs us, not where the world asks us. We do not wait for permission or politics or approval. We go. We fight. We defend. We win. We are Hunters."
-Unknown Huntswoman

Cat and Dog, united in their fear of the vacuum.

Not sure how I feel about the hanging with a cape segment.

And just when people have probably finally gotten over the finale they do this, with Nora voicing everyone's opinion. By extension, the fourth wall doesn't seem to exist.

Cat and Dog, united in their fear of the vacuum.

I know, right?

Not sure how I feel about the hanging with a cape segment.

If it weren't for Ruby's "Not like this, not like this!" line, I would find it really f*cked up. Instead I find it f*cked up and hilarious.

And just when people have probably finally gotten over the finale they do this, with Nora voicing everyone's opinion.

Judging from what I've seen on the Volume 3 commentary (so glad I bought the Blu-Ray), it's as much Samantha Ireland talking as Nora.

Same here, you have to wonder whether you should take it as the RoosterTeeth playing our expectations again, or the characters/VAs/crew speaking what the fanon-

Nothing happened!

I still have some mixed feelings about-

There most certainly wasn't the death of a beloved character. EVER!

You know... I don't know why, but I have newfound appreciation for Nora for some reason.

On to the other segments, I can only say I am confused... is Wuby's cape secretly betraying her? And the way she was suffocating before, but was completely fine the next sce- Oh my God! I FIGURED IT, GUYS!!! Wuby is the Good Hunter and she was respawning!

*Insert Mindblown.gif*

RWBY manga chapter 7 is up and it is a Yang chapter that first starts off with the scene where Yang dragged Ruby off to find her mom the switches to the Yellow trailer.

Last edited:
On to the other segments, I can only say I am confused... is Wuby's cape secretly betraying her? And the way she was suffocating before, but was completely fine the next sce- Oh my God! I FIGURED IT, GUYS!!! Wuby is the Good Hunter and she was respawning!

*Insert Mindblown.gif*[/color]

Getting into the situation is funnier than getting out of it :)

Also, I find it hard to believe Chibi RWBY is heavy enough to actually choke like that ^^

I still don't know if we should be concerned or amazed that the old man is able to run a multitude of different business by himself.
He must be revealed to be secretley the King od Vale, with the council handling the day to day stuff!
(Note: I have watched so much anime I flung like six different series at a wall to come up with that)

If anyone is attending RTX this weekend, you may be getting to see the future.

If you attend, please tell us.

Someone made an unofficial RWBY board game.

Actually all images are place holders.

We intend to use full art fan art for all final cards if possible.
Ideally if, and that's a BIG IF, RT picks up the idea I want to run it on Kickstarter and have levels include artists or better yet run a contest where fans can create art for cards to be included in game.

And if that doesn't fly getting/ hiring prominent fan artist wouldn't be THAT expensive when you consider the breadth of production for a game. They got Mojojoj for RWBY Chibi, they could get more community members for it as well.

The reasoning for doing so is two fold, A) it looks amazing. I mean if I could use some of the existing art that is out there this game would look better than MTG and B) it would be very inclusive to the community and engage them directly. A fan game with fan art for fan service.

I don't see a reason why this isn't a great idea.
Hey guys. Finally finished the video for the game. It would be cool if you checked it out and left some love :D

One last post before I go off to RTX. Getting on the plane very soon, but I got all the parts put together finally.

I'd say day 0 of RTX went well

Can't wait for this to hit the RTstore.

Also gals (and guys) you know what would be awesome? If this ends up becoming canon inside the show and Season 5 or 6 has a short scene with someone playing it. The Vytal Festival Tournament is a big deal after all so it makes sense that it would be commercialized in every way possible. And a game like that would be especially popular both among players and producers since a bunch of new card decks could be produced every time there's been a new tournament.

Double awesome if this eventually gets made for real. The fictional game is made real and the real game is made fictional. :cool:

Back