RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Had a dream last night that they released a series of RWBY lego sets. The ones I remember most clearly was one of the Xiao Long-Rose home and another one set in Shade Academy. Makes me kinda wish they were real, what does everyone else think? Do wish there were RWBY lego sets and if so what locales, scenes, or characters would you like to see immortalized in plastic.

Had a dream last night that they released a series of RWBY lego sets. The ones I remember most clearly was one of the Xiao Long-Rose home and another one set in Shade Academy. Makes me kinda wish they were real, what does everyone else think? Do wish there were RWBY lego sets and if so what locales, scenes, or characters would you like to see immortalized in plastic.
Ozpin's office, the Team RWBY Dorms (I'm imagining clever use of a cloth piece and some of the old ziplines for Ruby's suspended fort bed), and the ampitheatre/sparring class seem like shoe-ins for the Beacon era. The Docks, the Paladin Prototype fight, (with optional extra pieces for the armored-up non-prototype versions) and maybe the Vytal Festival fairgrounds would also be nice extras. Could be fun if they did something similar to some of the old HP sets where they could be stacked or combined together into a recreation of the CCT Tower or something? Oh, and a dedicated set for Glenn the Wyvern.

For Anima, I'd say Tai's cabin, the Belladonna house, Kuroyuri town center, (with alternate builds for dilapidated and pre-Nucklavee versions), the Bandit camp, (complete with a cage for Weiss), Shade's vault, the Argus Limited, the Relay Tower and Waterfall, and Cordovin's Colossus Mech vs. The Leviathan Grimm.

For Atlas, I could see Pietro's clinic, the Happy Huntress Hideout, and a generic stretch of Mantle City street with a bunch of Grimm and also Watts' billboard, (which could be combined into a bigger Mantle scene), and then Ironwood's Office, the Schnee Manor, and maybe the Vytal Colosseum. And then of course, The Whale and the Central Location.

The Ever After would probably warrant its own whole line of sets, but keeping it to a minimum, I feel like the highlights would be the Red Prince's game board, the Paper Pleaser's Village, and either the recreation of the Vanille Mansion, or the Tree and Blacksmith's forge. Maybe a smaller cheap set for the beach and some mice.

I don't see it happening given Lego's stance on violence, but it would be incredibly cool.

Last edited:
I mean Star Wars sets are a thing, so that might just be for their original properties instead of licensed stuff.
That's a good point, yeah. The closest they ever got in their original properties was G1 Bionicle, which still had some pretty hefty restrictions, so that was coloring my thinking there; but yeah I suppose they do tend to play a lot looser with that with their licensed stuff. Still not sure if RWBY would make the cut, but it at least seems less unlikely from that angle.

Last edited:
There's a bunch of Lego RWBY sets on Reddit, either fan-made, fan-painted, or digitally created. Here's one example:

I once saw the theory floated that Qrow's Semblance has always been good and bad luck. Simply put, Qrow passively drains luck around him, making him and others unlucky most of the time, except for when he needs a shot of good luck more than anything. Like, say, tracking his nieces and their wagon down when the Grimm are mid-leap. Or catching the eye of passing friendly aircraft. Or stopping a bomb from falling.

I once saw the theory floated that Qrow's Semblance has always been good and bad luck. Simply put, Qrow passively drains luck around him, making him and others unlucky most of the time, except for when he needs a shot of good luck more than anything. Like, say, tracking his nieces and their wagon down when the Grimm are mid-leap. Or catching the eye of passing friendly aircraft. Or stopping a bomb from falling.

Eh, I don't think that's the case, especially after what we saw with the Atlas Arc.

Instead it seems more like how I think people have come to see it as "There is no such thing as Bad/Good Luck."
i.e. Qrow and Clover both had a Luck Semblance, but their upbringing and worldviews shaped how they viewed their Semblance. For most of his life Qrow was blamed for each bad thing that happened, and over time he internalized it to the point where even after leaving The Tribe and finding family with Team STRQ he does not see his own good fortune really. Meanwhile Clover likely had a safer, cleaner upbringing so he likely saw more good fortune for himself and possibly did not care/notice much of the bad luck of others.

Usually RWBY rewrites on youtube are... bad, to put it gently, and motivated by a really weird attitude towards the show that seeps into how they're rewriting it. I'm not sure yet if this one is good, but so far the author has made it very clear that it's a direct counter to those sorts of rewrites and meant to improve what the show was going for rather than replace it with something completely different. And that intent alone, I feel, warrants some celebration

Back