RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
So spoiler thing for JLxRWBY 2
bit of a shame that Weiss didn't get powers but dam what's went all the way when making a sick new body

I saw part 2 of the JL crossover was a good time
Mhm, while I had fun with part 1, I definitely feel part 2 was the overall stronger story and character driven narrative and its honestly up there with some of my favored RWBY volumes.

AT LAST! AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE I've seen RWBY/JL part 2 and can return to the thread
Welcome back, did you have fun?

So spoiler thing for JLxRWBY 2
bit of a shame that Weiss didn't get powers but dam what's went all the way when making a sick new body
This reminded me someone theorized Weiss didn't get powers because the Schnee's only think their Glyph's are a Semblance but its actually some kind of weird magic hard-coded into their DNA and so she hasn't awakened her Semblance yet. I don't think its super likely but that is fun.

But yeah would have been cool to see what power she got, I think probably something like the knight but maybe it forms around her body?

Theoretically i wonder if thats possible already?
Honestly I've wondered the same thing, on one hand they seem to be kinda solid all the way through but on the other hand they are extremely versatile. I could see it being the case where Weiss can do it but it loses some durability and is maybe of questionable use outside a fight where she really needs some extra durability. Plus we have seen her use wings to fly so I think its quite feasible.

Just had a thought.

What if the reason we weren't told how Alyx and Lewis fell into the Ever After was because they are going to reveal it later?
Like, I know this is a BIG IF but here me out.
What if the CRWBY plan for us to return to the Ever After and return to The Tree so we see The Blacksmith again? What if they plan to do something like how Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood ended with Ed giving his answer to Truth while Father failed to do so? What if Ruby/RWBY are able to bring Salem and The Brothers before The Blacksmith for a little pow-wow to settle mattles safely and without the threat of Salem or The Brothers getting trigger happy?
How would they do it?
So.....what if Ruby and the others went to find Lewis/Lewis' descendent to try and find a way back? Currently their only way to the Ever After would be to ask Ambrosius for a way, but that would mean trying to steal the Staff back from Salem. Doable, but dangerous. So trying to find how the siblings got there themselves seems like a safer bet.

Just had a thought.

What if the reason we weren't told how Alyx and Lewis fell into the Ever After was because they are going to reveal it later?
Like, I know this is a BIG IF but here me out.
What if the CRWBY plan for us to return to the Ever After and return to The Tree so we see The Blacksmith again? What if they plan to do something like how Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood ended with Ed giving his answer to Truth while Father failed to do so? What if Ruby/RWBY are able to bring Salem and The Brothers before The Blacksmith for a little pow-wow to settle mattles safely and without the threat of Salem or The Brothers getting trigger happy?
How would they do it?
So.....what if Ruby and the others went to find Lewis/Lewis' descendent to try and find a way back? Currently their only way to the Ever After would be to ask Ambrosius for a way, but that would mean trying to steal the Staff back from Salem. Doable, but dangerous. So trying to find how the siblings got there themselves seems like a safer bet.
given it's central location and place in history I'd suggest Vytal island as the location of the real world door to the Ever after

please note that Vytal Island is exactly behind both brothers as if they are leaving it into the world from a shared origin

Last edited:
Death / Change

Eh. For the shoulder check it's likely more Yang unknowingly emulating Summer.
Like, to me what we saw in that flashback was two sides of Summer. The loving and caring person we saw in the 2 house scenes that most people would know, and the "not here to chit chat, here to work" demeaner we saw with Raven.
And honestly, it isn't that strange with what we have seen. As people have pointed out, Yang would be the one to know Summer and not Ruby and thus Yang emulates her. BUT....without Summer in her life who was left for Ruby to emulate? Yang. Thus Summer -> Yang -> Ruby. Then you mix in that Ruby looks like a Mini-Summer and Yang looks like a Blond-Version-Of-Person-We-Don't-Talk-About and thus you have Ruby emulating Yang who emulated Summer while everyone hypes up how great Summer was.
And so the actual truth is that BOTH daughters act like Summer. Not to mention as shown V4 onwards people are allowed to talk about Raven now. Thus I really don't think there will be that big of this disconnect. Raven is not as much of a hushhush subject anymore in the family and now Ruby herself has seen Summer be hard-faced no-nonsense.

Back