RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Though if you really think about it, literally the next day, Ruby breaks down, yells at her team, breaks apart from them, them drinks the tea, so they follow in that pattern of "tragedy befalls a kiss".
Entirely too vague. The pattern broken by Blake and Yang was "separation of the couple follows the kiss."

Last edited:
Entirely too vague. The pattern broken by Blake and Yang was "separation of the couple follows the kiss."[/spoilers]
Nora and Ren didn't immediately separate after their kiss though. It was only after shit hit the fan that caused Nora to realize she needed to find who she was without Ren (plus Ren finding himself) that they separated.

Arkos is the only time a kiss happens followed by immediate separation.

coffee shop

The Story Repeats
This week I kind of realized, RWBY has kind of repeated a few things, though with slight tweaks.

IronCat - start kind of shady, but they help give the heroes a way forward, only to turn and show their true selves

RustedOz - starts as trusted ally, trauma makes us question them

6, 7, 8 - "Atlas is superior/in charge and others should listen to us", the Atlesian in charge gets mad at Ruby and friends for taking from them and then proceed to do more harm than good by focusing on our heroes instead of their actual job/pledge/promise, and Ruby and Co. have to do what they can to make up up for their own part in the mess.

A Red Witch - As others, including myself, have pointed out Salem and Ruby have shared similar pain. They lost someone who meant so much to them. They tried to play a system to get the loved one back. The plan seems to work but then fails in the end. In despair from all the failure They Fall.

IronCat - start kind of shady, but they help give the heroes a way forward, only to turn and show their true selves

RustedOz - starts as trusted ally, trauma makes us question them
IronJaune - Grew a stubble in the timeskip, lost sanity and as a result, trust from RWBY, kept a town heavily secured from all threats but made it very easy to break down from the inside, ultimately was proven right from their paranoia once the seams started to crack and the villains made their move.

We'll probably get a psychedelic episode inside of Ruby's mind, if you see a bunch of people clapping while congratulating you, that mean that you're near the exit. :V
Hopefully this doesn't mean we get an End of RWBY movie given the mind break that had.

Though Lindsey losing her shit in the end credits for a blooper reel would be hilarious.

Hopefully this doesn't mean we get an End of RWBY movie given the mind break that had.

Though Lindsey losing her shit in the end credits for a blooper reel would be hilarious.
Better yet, a Rebuild of RWBY ending: in the Tree, Ruby obtains godly powers and use them to reconcile Salem and Ozma and erase the Grimm from existence, also everyone who died at Beacon, Haven and Atlas are brought back to life, including Penny to whom she admits that she loved her before teleporting her to Vacuo and understanding that she just ran away from reality all this time before appearing in a bus station in live action Austin, Texas, ready to go start her shift in an Amazon warehouse. Neptune is here too for some reason, and they are a couple.

Then watch the entire fandom erupt in a fire equal to a thousand suns.:evil:

Last edited:
So I got Roman Holiday yesterday and so far I love it, not just for the really giving us insight into Neo and Roman's backstories but also the great job it does in fleshing out Remnant. Rather it's Mistral criminal underworld, which I so wish Volume 5 had done, but also just getting to see how civilians go about thier lives in Remnant and view the world they live in. It's the sort detail I freaking love because it makes the world feel more real, more immersive. Really aside from being a good story it's also the fanfic writers best friend.

Also fuck Neo's parents.

Ayy, my Blacksmith theory was correct. Nice.

That opening with Summer of all people is wild.

So, the first line of the Volume in Episode One wasn't just about Ruby, but also Alyx. Summer was reading The Girl Who Fell Through the World to her daughters. Cool touch.

Back