RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Neo is going to get so many fucking redemption fics after that last scene of her ain't she?

She already gets SO MANY. Right up there with Adam.

Its mostly frustrating because he has 2.5 million followers most of whom are going to blind reaggregate his opinion and start shit with people over a show neither he nor they watched because he liked a homophobic 4CHan meme. Its just frustrating.

He watched a thirty second clip, than complained to his followers he doesn't understand the show and that he likes memes about people being homophobic. I see he hasn't improved his quality since the last time I watched his content.

Last edited:
It's like people are sick to death of idiots who don't even actually watch the show come out of no where, call the show shit, and spew "Monty's Vision" like so many others.
It is shit this fandom has been suffering for YEARS.
So of course people are going to be viciously defensive.
Death threats are WRONG, But the fandom, the people who make the show, and the creator's brother are absolutely sick of this kind of shit, so really what was anyone expecting to happen when the meme guy opened his mouth to bash something he doesn't even really follow?

The fans can be viciouslly defensive, but that does not portray them in a good light outside the RWBY fandom.

Moist had an extra thing to say on this subject.

It seems that he did not insult Monty in any way shape or form. Made jokes about RWBY (He does that with everything he watches). And in return he gets death threats, lies spread about him etc.

Like i said. Does not matter the reason, but this does not make the RWBY community look good to people outside of it. Especially with death threats and complete and utter lies about him involved.

Insults made in knowing ignorance with such a large audience deserve having all bread based food taste burnt for a week for the headaches this will cause, not death threats.

Death threats are WRONG, But
But nothing.

You can go on and on about how people who criticize the show can be the most hateful people in the world or how people get upset when their favorite show gets just the tiniest bit of negative attention from a big name streamer...

But all that goes out the window when the valiant warriors that protect the show from such harsh words as "I don't even know what's going on" make death threats, some of which are even graphic, there is no but.

I'm sorry, but at this point, I am not here for any Neo redemption shit. I just need her to go away.

Kind of an odd take that a willing participant in a terrorist act whose entire motivation post V3 is avenging a guy who was also a participant in several terrorist acts and has shown no indication that she's anything than a myopic sociopath is somehow deserving of redemption.

Kind of an odd take that a willing participant in a terrorist act whose entire motivation post V3 is avenging a guy who was also a participant in several terrorist acts and has shown no indication that she's anything than a myopic sociopath is somehow deserving of redemption.
To be fair, this is a show where we had a willing participant in a terrorist act whose entire motivation up until she found out the world would go boom if the Not-Dragon Balls got gathered is following a woman who was also a participant in several terrorist acts getting herself a redemption arc.

To be fair, this is a show where we had a willing participant in a terrorist act whose entire motivation up until she found out the world would go boom if the Not-Dragon Balls got gathered is following a woman who was also a participant in several terrorist acts getting herself a redemption arc.
You know, there's a world of difference between believing Emerald should have a redemption arc and just outright misrepresenting the show and character for a cheap attempt at trolling. I don't have time to explain the difference in portrayal of Emerald vs. Neo to someone who deliberately makes it their business to misrepresent anything and everything because their only real entertainment from RWBY is creating manufactured drama in discussion threads. Suffice it to say, there's a significant difference between the two.

Well this is going to hurt.

Wow, the standard internet tough guy response for everything. How horrible.

To be fair, R slurs and wishes for suicide being screamed into the void are up there with the direct abuse of CRWBY for saying they're a fan of Moist but they probably won't watch his usual routine when it's about their show.

Edit: Anyone got a link to the original post? That's the sort of shit that should be reported.

Last edited:
And this is why I hate people like Moist being willfully ignorant dicks, they are followed by people who will regurgitate this shit and use it to lash out at others, including those who work on the show and fans in general.
They confirm that the Brother Gods are indeed the creators of the Ever After.
I thought that it was just the cat they confirmed?

I thought that it was just the cat they confirmed?

Speaking of
Gods and Cats, this really explains CC's ability to teleport folks. CC is just doing to them what Light did to Salem (minus the dunking in a magic lake)

Ya gotta wonder
if CC doe manage to get out of Ever After and into Remnant with RWBY+J hot on it's heels, how will their friends react when Ruby and Jaune tell them that they inadvertently just released a story book character they grew up with and this character has taken possession of one of their most dangerous enemies and has a beef with the Gods just like Salem?

Back