RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Whatever involvement RT had with GL S2, none of that was from Kerry, Eddy, or Kiersi. So it's absolutely irrelevant.

I'd say slightly relevant, but more in the sense that RT doesn't practise proper editorial oversight of their products, which can be a problem. I don't think it will be in this case, but that's more because CRWBY has built up credit despite the company's best efforts.

Re-watched episode 5. Gonna try my hand at some good ol' fashion noggin' usin'.
I don't remember if it was mentioned/thought up before, so apologies if it has.

When Ruby met the Blacksmith, they were hammering away at butterfly wings. I think the Blacksmith was forming a new, or rather, an ascended Herb. He was a caterpillar paused midway through its metamorphosis.

Once Little woke up from their nap, the very first thing they said was "Ruby, I don't think we're supposed to be here..."

The Blacksmith said to Ruby "If you change your mind, you may choose any one of these you like, and set your burden down."

I bet the Blacksmith is a part of the Tree, or at least, is an Afterian who's purpose it is to give new forms to those that ascend, according to their desires. (Though, if this theory is accurate, why did the Blacksmith appear to Ruby like that once she was alone with just her soon-to-be self-proclaimed guide accompanying her, without her having ingested any of the Tree's leaves, as seems to be the only method of ascending without dying?)

With Ruby having drank the tea now, I think we'll be seeing this Blacksmith again next episode.

Random thought
So we are all remember how the butterfly was visually prominent during the talk between Maria and Ruby about the Silver Eyes, right?

We have also seen butterflies show up multiple times during this volume.

Butterflies represent stuff like "change", right?

So....what if those Forged Wings aren't for Herb......but for Ruby?

a thought on team RWBY
Yang - Flames - Burn brightly, burn dangerously, burns those around it, can be quickly snuffed out. However properly maintained, properly cared for, and the flame will be a a source of warmth. A safe light out of the darkness.

Blake - Shadows - Hides and conceals dangers. Can look as warped figures. However a Shadow can not be without a Light. A Shadow is always the result of how a Light is reflected. It is either a horrible twisted image, or something softer and safer.

Weiss - Snow - When seen at a distance it all looks uniform, every bit of it the same as the last and all of it cold and freezing. However look closer and you will see that each Snowflake is different. Each special and unique. And when properly molded into an igloo, a home, it becomes a small bastion of warmth and safety.

Ruby - Rose - A flower with a meaning ascribed onto it. It looks beautiful, it represents love, but it has thorns to defend itself. If not properly cared for it dies fast.

ended up thinking of some songs today and how one MIGHT be able to put them to Ruby.

"Michael In The Bathroom" from Be More Chill

Just imagine this as Yang ditching Ruby at a party that Yang dragged her to to try and socialize.

"Waving Through A Window" from Dear Evan Hansen

Something close to Ruby's possible feelings over the course of this volume, especially during episodes 7 and 8

"You Will Be Found" from Dear Evan Hansen

Basically RWBY the show overall but mainly how I see things will go forward.

they also inspired some stupid streamer to look into the show cos apparently he found them funny, watch a couple of scenes out of context and declare the show bad before using a dead man's name to shit on his friends and legacy.
Oh, you mean Moistcr1tikal? Someone who people on Twitter basically formed a hatemob over once they caught wind of him talking about RWBY to the point where one of them basically used this as a death threat?

Maybe this is bias cause I like moist critical but other than the tea comment idk why people are mad

I checked what he said and it was just a small comment on it

It wasn't like other you tubers who make an entire living shorting on rwby. I say the people who are overreacting on Twitter and being angry makes it look even more bad.

Like I get being annoyed when a streamer hates something you like (had that with dunkey on xenoblade 2) but let's not make a big hoopla about it

Oh, you mean Moistcr1tikal? Someone who people on Twitter basically formed a hatemob over once they caught wind of him talking about RWBY to the point where one of them basically used this as a death threat?

It's like people are sick to death of idiots who don't even actually watch the show come out of no where, call the show shit, and spew "Monty's Vision" like so many others.
It is shit this fandom has been suffering for YEARS.
So of course people are going to be viciously defensive.
Death threats are WRONG, But the fandom, the people who make the show, and the creator's brother are absolutely sick of this kind of shit, so really what was anyone expecting to happen when the meme guy opened his mouth to bash something he doesn't even really follow?

idk why people are mad
Basically, he committed the old fandom sin of uttering the name of "Monty Oum" when dissing RWBY, implying it's "not going the way he planned it" which will almost guarantee to stir shit in the fandom. Yes, this is an actual rule the RWBY fandom collectively made. He also compared RWBY to Ex-Arm, which is like comparing Avengers: Age of Ultron to Avengers: Grimm.

He also began to watch So This Is Basically RWBY, which is just a major red flag because it's made by someone who committed the cardinal sin of not liking Bumblebee (never mind the fact that he voiced a character in the show) and, perhaps the biggest sin of all, gaaaaaaaaasp, he doesn't know RWBY!

But yeah, it's basically like when Dunkey played Xenoblade 3 and it's basically just angry fanboys getting mad that a big name streamer touched their property.

Last edited:
So speaking as someone who doesn't really *do* RWBY outside of this thread. I am increasingly bemused why we keep on bringing up random people in the thread.

Like, it sucks this guy got death threats, we've normalized that way too fucking much on the internet.

It sucks that people watch RWBY with the intent to hate it. It's easy to hate things, encouraged even.

These can *both* suck without detracting from the other.

The internet is a terrible tool that primarily at this point exists to churn out content by consuming content creators of all stripes alive. But maybe instead of contributing that by finding people to get mad at, we can just enjoy the show?

On an unrelated note,
Neo is going to get so many fucking redemption fics after that last scene of her ain't she?

The internet is a terrible tool that primarily at this point exists to churn out content by consuming content creators of all stripes alive. But maybe instead of contributing that by finding people to get mad at, we can just enjoy the show?
Its mostly frustrating because he has 2.5 million followers most of whom are going to blind reaggregate his opinion and start shit with people over a show neither he nor they watched because he liked a homophobic 4CHan meme. Its just frustrating.

Back