RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
@Psyga315 What do you get out of stoking this one specific debate in this one specific thread full of people who disagree with you, seemingly as far as I can tell from passively lurking here, for a year now?

Everytime someone brings it up it seems like it turns into this long, drawn out arguement where no one really says anything new, and no one ever changes their mind, and everyone seems to spend a indeterminate amount of time being more miserable and growing more bitter with eachother every time they go through this fight.

Genuinely, I'm trying to engage with you as a person, what do you get out of engaging with this topic in this thread that you haven't gotten out of it dozens of times you've had this exact discussion here over the course of 2022?

Last edited:
Genuinely, I'm trying to engage with you as a person, what do you get out of engaging with this topic in this thread that you haven't gotten out of it dozens of times you've had this exact discussion here over the course of 2022?
Right, never mind. I should have realized that yeah, there's no real point in dredging that topic up, so I deleted it.

Last edited:
So, a bit of fun going on Tumblr. Someone's using the new Poll feature to run a tornament to determine the best RWBY song. They're in the middle of Round two right now. I'll link to their account instead of linking to every individual poll.

www.tumblr.com

She/Her. 22. lesbian.

MOSTLY rwby, but stuff from other fandoms too. mostly gay trash, memes, theories or analysis. feminism benefits everyone. no terfs or racists allowed

So, a bit of fun going on Tumblr. Someone's using the new Poll feature to run a tornament to determine the best RWBY song. They're in the middle of Round two right now. I'll link to their account instead of linking to every individual poll.

www.tumblr.com

She/Her. 22. lesbian.

MOSTLY rwby, but stuff from other fandoms too. mostly gay trash, memes, theories or analysis. feminism benefits everyone. no terfs or racists allowed

Oh god dammit, Let's Just Live and Indomitable are facing off. Those are my two favourite songs in the whole franchise.

Let's just live has the advantage of coming at the right time in the show for me. It was the opening V4 needed, but it's also actually the second half of the song that hits best for me.

*looking at the poster*
Hmmm let's see....
- it looks to be based on art from M.C. Escher.
- Only Yang has her weapon.
- Yang is floating in the air and backdropped by the clouds we've seen her in in the trailers.
- Yang is reaching out to Blake.
- Blake is standing tall as she looks up at Yang.
- Blake is backdropped by the Red Town we saw in the recent trailer (red grass at her feet and a building behind her).
- Weiss is Claude von Riegan.
- Weiss looks like she is climbing onto the windowsill and her backdrop is not familiar and I can't tell if she is looking at the camera or Ruby.
- Ruby is looking back with a look of worry.
- Ruby's backdrops are the Beach and Tree dead center, but also the Red Chess Court at her feet.
- Little and Curious are present, indicating that both will have a big role to play.
- There is a Zwei face on Ruby's pouch.
- There are leaves swirling around, and there are 2 things of note about them.
- 1. The leaves are the same color as The Tree.
- 2. The shape of the leaves are similar to Maple/Fall trees, which have been used in the past for Pyrrha.

Much more of a background than the V7 and 8 posters, certainly.
Mhm, there's definitely been some great posters before, 2, 5 & 6 jump out at me, but this one feels next level!

Also some interesting musings based on the prom that make a lot of sense given when Miles said this volume was planned out and which volumes to check back with:
www.tumblr.com

Hello Bees!

Weiss: How can you make things “right” when there’s no SDC? What does your name even matter without it? Your title and home are long gone, so now what are you going to do? Are you ready to build a li…

Back