RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
I think the creators did that, to be honest I don't care for the comparison as I don't think it serves either character all that well.

I mean more like the good similarities.
Team Buttmonkey (without it being to mean or distracting)
Team Strategist
Both changed for the better (Sokka starting out not thinking highly of women on the battlefield, Jaune's self esteem issues and his antics in trying to woo Weiss)

Both are good guys that are honestly trying their best, and have grown into much better people over the course of the show.

I mean more like the good similarities.
Team Buttmonkey (without it being to mean or distracting)
Team Strategist
Both changed for the better (Sokka starting out not thinking highly of women on the battlefield, Jaune's self esteem issues and his antics in trying to woo Weiss)

Both are good guys that are honestly trying their best, and have grown into much better people over the course of the show.
Sorry for being unclear but I one hundred percent understood what you were saying and like I said I don't like the comparison, so much as it frankly irks me, less so these days, but still does. I don't think it serves either character particularly well or that they are that similar save for some vagaries on very broad tropes that even then aren't all that similar so much as in neighboring ballparks maybe.

The fact that they made a pun out of something I was seeing plenty of people on Tumblr trying to guess at gives me life.

There's something about Ruby's expression here, I can't quite tell what she's feeling. Shes not upset or happy its kind of a "Yeah and..?"

this gonna be FUN

There's something about Ruby's expression here, I can't quite tell what she's feeling. Shes not upset or happy its kind of a "Yeah and..?"

Cinder - "With Neo we have taken the relic of knowledge, disposed of your sister, Atlas has fallen, and left your little evacuation is complete chaos! What are you going to do now, little hero?"

Ruby - "........This." *zips around, grabbing her team, penny, and creation, before diving off the edge*

Cinder - "....you bitch."

To be fair, that image was taken after the final day, and about half a second before Salem found out that no, a piece of moonrock hitting the ground at ludicrious speeds wasn't enough to kill her.

Finale Hope
Honestly, I am just hoping for a teleport rather than going into a different dimension/world/time, etc. They can get back to the Kingdoms by their own hands rather than relying on divine help if they get teleported to Dragon Continent (or literally anywhere else on Remnant) and it will give them a challenge where they are forced to adapt to constantly changing situations and develop them more as fighters and characters.

Send them elsewhere seems more like a lazy writing decision than anything else to me where you would milk the feels and do an already overdone plot point rather than something more interesting by exploring Team RWBY as they face a challenge without support from the Kingdoms and allies and see what they are truly facing beyond Salem, giving a spotlight on the Grimm as the true enemies of Remnant.

I genuinely think this ending might make me continue following the show closely as I am now, or take a step back from other things but continue to watch and post about it.

I was thinking on where the nuke might explode and I'm surprised no one thought of that: it lands/is sent right next to Salem still regenerating: Salem finally finish to put herself back in one piece, ready to unleash hell on those puny mortals, then she hears a small beeping noise and turns the head to see the nuke a couple meters just about to explode. Cue Salem's completely unamused expression thinking "this is gonna be a loooong day...".

Finale Hope
Honestly, I am just hoping for a teleport rather than going into a different dimension/world/time, etc. They can get back to the Kingdoms by their own hands rather than relying on divine help if they get teleported to Dragon Continent (or literally anywhere else on Remnant) and it will give them a challenge where they are forced to adapt to constantly changing situations and develop them more as fighters and characters.

Send them elsewhere seems more like a lazy writing decision than anything else to me where you would milk the feels and do an already overdone plot point rather than something more interesting by exploring Team RWBY as they face a challenge without support from the Kingdoms and allies and see what they are truly facing beyond Salem, giving a spotlight on the Grimm as the true enemies of Remnant.

I genuinely think this ending might make me continue following the show closely as I am now, or take a step back from other things but continue to watch and post about it.
Ambrosius' warning to not fall wouldn't be so ominous if doing so just yeeted you somewhere else on the planet, besides the heroes already had their experience traveling long distances without support, that was Volume 4 to 6, no need to add yet another volume of the same.

Last edited:
Finale Hope

As Zam said, whatever is going to go down today and in V9 is something that has been in the works since before release. So clearly it's a big deal. And it wouldn't fit what this volume in general has been setting up.

Back