RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Ilia never needed redemption, because she didn't do anything wrong.
I'm generally on the pro-Illia side but.... Really? She didn't do ANYTHING wrong? Not even using false pretenses to lure Blake into an ambush so she could be shipped back to her abuser, which was itself a decoy to keep her busy while her parents were being assassinated for the "crime" of speaking out against a literal traitor who had assassinated the previous leader of the White Fang in a bloody coup?

recruiting

heavy burden

bury it, hide it, smile

crossing paths

I'm the most shameless fan of Cinder adoption fics. Please, if you know of any, post them here.

The ones I'm following are;
A Family Of Spitfires - Chapter 1 - TheDevilsAdvocate25 - RWBY [Archive of Our Own]
Yang and Tai stumble on the "farm" and adopt Cinder.

Five Minutes to Midnight - Chapter 1 - Kaylathebookworm - RWBY [Archive of Our Own]
Tai is invited to a huntsmen conference in Atlas, ends up at the hotel, and kidnaps 15 (I think) year old Cinder.

Imagine how she and the rest of Mantle will feel when The SCHNEES of al people and a fleet of cargo ships flies down and declare that they will be evacuating the people. That's some whiplash.
Suspicious that the cargo ships actually represent a train to Auschwitz, and alternatively resentful that their survival depends on their oppressors and exploiters?

Larissa Angus has confirmed the name of the
evolved Centinel on twitter. It's called a Cenitaur, which confirms it's basically a Alpha Centinel and not some new Grimm type. And man it looks disgusting.

The official RWBY twitter also posted something hilarious

And Eddy talks about the difficulties involved in keeping the biggest and most challenging RWBY volume ever made in schedule during the covid lockdown.

so I just saw this comment about the old song "Sacrifice" and I felt like sharing
" Sacrifice refers to more than just Silver Eyes, but also "truth will rise, revealed by Mirrored Eyes" six years prior to V8 (and V6 when you get down to it.) The amount of longplay in this series has been one of my favorite aspects. (Which really worries me with lines like "The Moon will sadly watch the Roses die.") For a very long time we thought this was referring to Raven, then with V6 we thought this applied to Salem, but with V8 and Cinder's song that taunts her for being a house slave having the same rhythm for most of it, it seems this song may have been Cinder's all along. (Or at the very most, a Cinder/Raven song, like "All Things Must Die" since fortune telling and foresight appears to be Raven's thing.) "

Maybe something about Hearth & Home. A fire that gently warms those near it, those within that house, and that could reflect how Yang does care and love her friends and family.

Back