RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
New episode is out, here's my reaction:
And we're back!

Oh hey Qrow, you've missed a lot!

Oooh such a pretty explosion and after effect, also Qrow right into bird mode and aah Robyn!

Nora's waking up!

Wait how would stitching help, is it to stop the leaking?

Hah, Whitley's snark is cute now.

Oooh s May did leave, fair, seems everyone's on as good a terms as they can e and holy shit that battleship got fucked up!

Ruby's being overwhelmed, aaah!

... OK what is between Klein, Willow and the rest. Also more favoritism for the rich, see this is why Atlas fell!

Whitley, that sis so smart! Good lad!

Blake being a good big sister, good feels. Oooh comparison between them, yes, the analysts were right, so many feels, I love this!

... The candles are powered by Dust.. Huh that actually makes sense, neat!

Oh its the Hound!

I like the Schneebling banter. Also this means my theory about the spitting Grimm may still come to pass!

Holy shit, the Hound can evolve faster when its done something before and also broke Ruby's Aura so fast! Then again she has had a big night.

I wonder if the thundering is triggering Willow?

Also Penny is awake, oh dear.

Aaaah Penny!

Huh, seems Salem should have been more specific XD Also oof.

Also hey the crawlers are back, that certainly doesn't bode poorly for anyone say, underground.

Oh there's the spitter, well there goes that theory, I think?

I wanna cry, Nora handing out affirmation and wisdom like always, hug her, ahaaahahsdadfeafse 'fwra
The way the Hound moves is viscerally upsetting.

Oooh com center Willow, neat!

Oh that's worrying, my heart is racing!

YAAAS WILLOW!

Also yaas Whitley!

Also Hound stop scaring us!

Nice callback!

Ooof, used her own ice clown against her.

Awe, feels.

WOW, did Watts or Ironwood program in the self terminate bit? Dick move either way.

Also wow, even low on Aura Penny is stronk. but not enough for the creative nightmare that is the Hound.

Well the Summer Hound theory was wrong sadly.

But the person in said Hound theory was right.

Also a Faunus, which makes its sorta of extra fucked up.

The fact the bones remained concerns me.

Pfft, Cinder's enjoying herself clearly.

here's something hilarious about them doing the shoulder arm thing like buddies, but then Cinder's just like "No, U a sack of potatoes." which is extra funny XD

I legit expected the Hound to last longer, of course now that the proof of concept has worked, Salem can do it to others, so we may be seeing more of them in the future, many more... Assuming the bones aren't a hint it will regenerate.

Still, if it wasn't holding someone important to the characters personally, I think it was better they end here, as it still proved a viable threat but like most things in RWBY cannot overcome a group (or surprise) alone.

Plus with the concept introduced, as noted, Salem may have a whole collection of prisoners or former followers to use, possibly many more soon, to bring about in this way, making the Hound more of a herald of things to come.

All in all a riveting return, CRWBY!

Also brings in the possiblity of former dead characters coming back. Salem unleashing Adam, Vernal and Leo against the heroes would be a hell of a mind screw.

And we get

the extra dose of horror of realizing that this is what Salem has in store for Ruby. I wonder how Cinder would feel about that. She might end up going ahead with her "covertly murder Ruby without Salem's say so" plans except the revenge motive ends up replaced by mercy kill instead.

At the very least she probably Do Not Want to hang around a Ruby Rose who is also a terrifying Uber Grimm. And if she learns of this it might make her take a serious third look at that thing currently grafted to her shoulder.

This is the first Faunus with Silver eyes we've seen, right?
Yep. So this also confirms
that Faunus can be Silver Eyed Warriors.

I was honestly a bit worries at first when I saw the guy was a Faunus. I was never a fan of that dumb Grimmspawn Faunus virus fanfiction from the early days of the fandom but seeing the clear Silver Eyes on the guy put those fears to rest.

Looking closer it seems that Weiss just summoned a Nevermore. But man I really hope this could be a hint that my Partial Summoning idea could be canon. We have seen Weiss summon just the arm of the Arma Gigas. I want to see her summon just the wings of a Nevermore or Queen Lancer and attach the glyphs to her shoulders so she can fly angel/fairy style.

Also summon mini Armas to wear as actual suits of armor to go full knight mode.

But man I really hope this could be a hint that my Partial Summoning idea could be canon. We have seen Weiss summon just the arm of the Arma Gigas. I want to see her summon just the wings of a Nevermore or Queen Lancer and attach the glyphs to her shoulders so she can fly angel/fairy style.

Also summon mini Armas to wear as actual suits of armor to go full knight mode.
I love this idea, but the problem is that the summons are not very durable, I don't think they'd be great as armor, wings are a little better, since they offer greater mobility and would be harder to hit, but the risk that's with any of Weiss's or Winter's flying mounts is still there.

I love this idea, but the problem is that the summons are not very durable, I don't think they'd be great as armor, wings are a little better, since they offer greater mobility and would be harder to hit, but the risk that's with any of Weiss's or Winter's flying mounts is still there.
Eh? The summons are plenty durable. The suit of actual armor in particular.

Anyway,

Would that make the Ace Ops JNPRO?

Would make sense.
  • Pyrrha and Clover: Aces who were killed in the line of duty.
  • Jaune and Harriet: The most pissed with their deaths.
  • Nora and Elm: Big strong girls
  • Ren and Vine: The lankey wise men.
  • Oscar and Marrow: The young, upstart kid who not only is the "replacement" but also gets crapped on by the others despite their immense power.

So, I just want to salute Whitley

Using the company to help people that need it. Nicholas would be proud of his heir. Also, once again, with no Jacques in the way, the real boy shines through, and he has such a big heart.

I was honestly a bit worries at first when I saw the guy was a Faunus. I was never a fan of that dumb Grimmspawn Faunus virus fanfiction from the early days of the fandom but seeing the clear Silver Eyes on the guy put those fears to rest.
You're talking about Henceforward?

Speaking of Jacques

Is he dead? He's not seen after the room collapses, and has no Aura. It'd be sweet if, in an episode where all of the Schnees do something major, he just dies offscreen with no fanfare

You're talking about Henceforward?
Aye.

Speaking of Jacques

Is he dead? He's not seen after the room collapses, and has no Aura. It'd be sweet if, in an episode where all of the Schnees do something major, he just dies offscreen with no fanfare
as he comes back in volume 9 to create one last bit of trouble before the Atlas arc wraps up. :p

This Hound may be gone, but Salem can always make more
Hazel, Volume 4: We've dealt with their kind before.

Just how large of a collection of Silver Eyed Warriors has Salem been able to collect do you reckon. 0_0

edit:
Also can I just say, the Hound being just some random Silver Eyed Warrior is a perfect example of how CRWBY are really good at being both very predictable and extremely unpredictable at the same time. Think it was @Zam who mentioned it earlier.

TR

an experiment.

poor bastard

Last edited:
Wait, some people thought otherwise? I thought it was totally on the table, hell, some idiots even thought it was possible that Adam had silver eyes when he was still alive before he took the mask off. Then again, I too remember the other idiots who thought Grimm and Faunus were related, so...

People are weird.

Man, it would be really funny if Maria on Amity just went "Huh... why does it feel like I dodged one hell of a bullet?"

Last edited:
T----- Rose? he was pretty dead in there maybe he was being preserved, maybe he was Summer's Father?. OH also Silver eyes, Salem seems to think she has a use for them, and Maria said the power isn't in the eyes but that the eyes focus and direct the powers the Brothers use, is she looking for a weapon to use against them?

T----- Rose? he was pretty dead in there maybe he was being preserved, maybe he was Summer's Father?. OH also Silver eyes, Salem seems to think she has a use for them, and Maria said the power isn't in the eyes but that the eyes focus and direct the powers the Brothers use, is she looking for a weapon to use against them?

Salem is a firm believer that wonderful gifts from the gods are a perfect ingrediant in crafting unholy abominations.

His surname isn't necessarily Rose, it might just start with an R. We don't know yet.

All I'm saying is that it's interesting that this one eyed man with a silver eye had a meaningful shot/reverse shot with Ruby. It doesn't necessarily mean anything other than Ruby's horrified realization that a person was in there, and maybe the realization that he had silver eyes, but you never know.

Look, I will gladly drink my wrongshake when it doesn't happen, but until then, allow me this.

Last edited:
Back