RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
She's got small lines under her eyes.

Peter Port also has wrinkles that Poser didn't allow before.
Oh right! I thought I was imagining things, I did notice really subtle shadows under her eyes but I was watching the video on low quality and thought it was artifacts. I'm not sure if I like the style of the new models, it's just that the lack of textures on people with the perfect CGI cel shading clashes with my taste - they really stand out against the textured, lineless backgrounds.

So Blake's relatives look wealthy as all get out, kinda super nervous about this one, especially after last week, but still interested.

-Looks at chapter five screenshots-
Huh, look like Menagerie is a lot warmer than I would have expected it to be considering the palm trees and architecture I'm seeing.

sauce

EDIT:
Has this been posted?

"Semblance is my speed" Ruby you just intentionally a meme.

Last edited:
So I keep calling Ruby's new clothes with "Milk maiden", mostly due the shirt reminding me of the iconic Milkmaids.

I just found there's actual name for that exact style that's more accurate, "Tavern wench."

The joke is, since Ruby is no longer a child, now the theme switch from milk to alcohol.:V

Last edited:
So I want to ask something pertaining canon accuracy.

Where does the information pertaining Combat School came from? Was the "Students there mostly sparring and not fight Grimm" Canon or fanon? @Leingod?

Last edited:
So I want to ask something pertaining canon accuracy.

Where does the information pertaining Combat School came from? Was the "Students there mostly sparring and not fight Grimm" Canon or fanon? @Leingod?

In Chapter 2 of Volume 1, Weiss, when angrily ranting at Ruby, says, "This isn't combat school. It's not just sparring and practice. We're here to fight monsters..." and in the chapter after that, Ruby says that all students at Signal make their own weapons. That's pretty much all anyone's said about the curriculum of combat schools. So that is canon unless you decide that angry, bitchy Weiss isn't a reliable source.

Oh God :D

Rewatching V2 again and I laughed so hard when Neptune began to hit one Weiss... and it's working. And Jaune threw temper tantrum right behind.

Weiss do like men with confidence alright, something that Jaune totally isn't at the time.

Just had a thought: Qrow probably wasn't protecting team RNJR from those Grimm, they could have easily taken them. He was trying to hurry them along because he's getting bored of waiting for them to get to Mistral.

"Could have flown to mistral in a week in bird form. Bah. They can take the Grimm but there's an hour's interruption every time they're attacked. I should tank them every so often, not so often that they become suspicious or rusty, but enough to hurry them along since it won't slow me."

Last edited:
Just had a thought: Qrow probably wasn't protecting team RNJR from those Grimm, they could have easily taken them. He was trying to hurry them along because he's getting bored of waiting for them to get to Mistral.

"Could have flown to mistral in a week in bird form. Bah. They can take the Grimm but there's an hour's interruption every time they're attacked. I should tank them every so often, not so often that they become suspicious or rusty, but enough to hurry them along since it won't slow me."
I think he's more spontaneous than that.

"Hey look, a grimm... wait if they fight grimms this will take longer... and the next bar's still forty hours away! I need my booze!"

*Murderizes Grimm*

You know... I like how in the SB thread people are comparing Raven to Esdeath.

Makes me want to see her get more Esdeathy in the future.

Oh God :D

Rewatching V2 again and I laughed so hard when Neptune began to hit one Weiss... and it's working. And Jaune threw temper tantrum right behind.

Weiss do like men with confidence alright, something that Jaune totally isn't at the time.

Didn't they both use the exact same line: "Hey, snow angel...?" I thought that's what Jaune was complaining about; the fact that Neptune literally used his line and managed to get a positive response from Weiss.

Didn't they both use the exact same line: "Hey, snow angel...?" I thought that's what Jaune was complaining about; the fact that Neptune literally used his line and managed to get a positive response from Weiss.

That's true, but the difference is Neptune was being more subtle and understated. Unlike Jaune who wouldn't know what subtle is if it hit them with a fist.

Yeah even if I don't ship it there's a big difference in how Neptune approached Weiss than Jaune did which would explain her more positive reaction, for one Jaune interrupted Weiss in the middle of "securing" an alliance with a celebrity she looked up to, placing himself between them and boasting. In comparison Neptune was speaking to her during a sort of 'break' in the activity she was engaging in and it was a game Weiss neither understood and was losing so she was much less likely to dislike a distraction and she actively invited him to talk to her by asking him a question.

Someone phrased it really well one as being:

Jaune approach: You should be charmed to meet me.
Neptune approach: Charmed to meet you.

There's some other stuff, but in terms of starting off the conversation that stuff alone does wonder for good impressions, plus Weiss had already met Jaune the day before and was annoyed with him.

Those were my points, yes. But I also found one more.

Weiss actually expressed her own interest in Neptune first, so his "snow angel" was answering her invitation to flirt.
That's sort of what I was referring to in regards to Weiss inviting him to speak with her, though whether it would be classified as flirting is up for debate in my mind, though she did show an interest later.

That's true, but the difference is Neptune was being more subtle and understated. Unlike Jaune who wouldn't know what subtle is if it hit them with a fist.
Jaune approach: You should be charmed to meet me.
Neptune approach: Charmed to meet you.
Zam basically get it.

Neptune actually confident of himself and know what he's doing, Jaune is a dork with false bravado and poor sense of timing.

Back