RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
Ruby isn't dying in any sense, she's changing yes, but that's probably amounting to a confidence boost and her moving away from cosplaying as her mom at most.
I'm hoping she adds some green to her outfit, to remember Penny by. Maybe even upgrading Crescent Rose with Penny's magic swords.
No, I see what you mean, and I more or less agree. I just find it odd that the Afterian's would deliberately choose to loose their memories. Two or three, sure, but all of them, in every Acre? I dunno.
Probably some kind of alien cultural thing due to all the other differences in mentalities and circumstances.
I feel like I am the only one who didn't feel that start with WBYJ and the Gems was awkward.
It did feel kind of rushed, like it should have taken a bit more time. Which given how short the episode is feels like something was up that made them cut this one a bit short. It worked well enough, just not as well as it could have I think.

Because Remnant really needs two Rubys.
I feel like with the power of hindsight, they probably could write in an evil Ruby that acts more like the Ruby that somehow pulled in a larger crowd than the Bee kiss, but that's highly unlikely unless they find a way to make Ever After accessible beyond the fluke.

Because Remnant really needs two Qrows.
Qrow would be the first one to shoot you for saying that. Their family might join based on the thought of two of him or Ruby acting more like he did before he stopped drinking.
I feel like with the power of hindsight, they probably could write in an evil Ruby that acts more like the Ruby that somehow pulled in a larger crowd than the Bee kiss, but that's highly unlikely unless they find a way to make Ever After accessible beyond the fluke.
I don't know who you've been listening to to think that Ruby having her long-coming breakdown got a bigger reaction than the Bees kiss, but it does explain a lot of your takes.

just realized
Jaune seems to keep finding himself having crazy folks cling to his shield.
First Tyrian in volume 4, Cinder in Volume 8, and now NeoCat in V9.

Also, speaking of Tyrian....for all we know he is familiar with the story like many others....but only he is crazy enough to guess something like "Ooooh is this kid modelling himself off the Rusted Knight?? How cute."

And then when they all get out and to Vacuo Jaune gets to face Tyrian again and the killer clings to the shield again, only for Jaune to just headbutt the guy and busts his nose.

Theory about the Cat:
While they are duplicitous and manipulative, they seem to be genuine in their purpose as caretaker of the Afterans who need help when they lose sights of their purpose (as it turned out in this episode, Herb genuinely needed that break), and their way to do it is by giving them some of their heart to help them gain some insight on their situation.

But then comes the question: who does the Cat's function for the Cat themselves? What if the reason they are the way they are is because they have been giving pieces of their heart for so long that they don't have enough left for themselves, and their innate curiosity turned into an all-consuming obsession to try to fill that void?

Since the CC seems to be the EA's equivalent to Salem, and that the running theme is that she won't be defeated by brute strength, maybe the solution won't be to beat the shit out of NeoCat and leave them behind in the EA, but to help them realize how far they had sunk and that no amount of satiated curiosity will help them?
Although I don't see how it could go from there in a satisfying way, because having CC Ascend to get rid of their curiosity and be reborn as someone who will happily fulfill their purpose without questioning anything would be cringe, as curiosity is what made humanity uplift itself from cavemen to civilization, that would be a "return to monke" but unironically.

Last edited:
Second clip makes that seem the most likely.
Yeah

The timeline is real wack. Sienna Khan is dead and Atlas CCT is down for some reason but Blake in her season 1 outfit isn't uneasy about contacting her team (and her mom isn't confused about her talking about her team) but Beacon is still standing and still having lessons.

A while back I saw some Tumblr post detailing the parallels between Salem/Ozma and Jaune/Ruby. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

ok I watched the clips now
We just need a teaser clip of Weiss and Bruce in Atlas.
As it stands EVERYONE is scrambled. Yang flexing the robot hand, Superman noticing his nerf, Diana having flashes of memories, Poor Jessica not able to do....anything, Blake not remembering CCTs are down but getting a flash of memory in regards to Sienna's death.
I chuckled at Clark's little humblebrag and him grumbling when Yang doesn't buy it.
Vixen doesn't have her necklace to start. So maybe Jessica can't do things because she might be missing her ring at the start. *shrugs*

I doubt this is due to Flash shenanigans. This is either tech, magic, or a mix of both. Would not be surprised if this is all the work of a certain dimensional imp.

Back