RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
I've gotten an idea stuck in my head for an AU where all the characters are simply real life actors playing fictional versions of themselves on TV. For fun I thought I'd share some of the differences between the 'real' version of a character and the 'fictional' versions from the RWBY show, as well as some made up trivia.

- As you might expect, the villainous characters are well liked behind the scenes. Adam and Cinder are idolized by the younger members of team RWBY and JNPR, Jaques Schnee is constantly pranking people by leaving them hard candies where they'll least expect it, and Ironwood has more or less adopted the position of "kid wrangler", by taking members of RWBY and JNPR out on fun activities.

- Despite her appearance on camera, Nora is actually very shy and mousy in real life. She says that she took the role of Nora to try and practice being more outgoing.

- Blake's Faunus trait is actually an enlarged set of canine teeth, as these do not show well on camera except on close ups, she wears a set of cat ears instead.

- Cinder so moved that she cried for an hour when she found out that the dialog Yang improvised about Summer Rose used her as its inspiration. Yang was mortified when that secret got out, but everyone else thought it was very sweet.

- Pyrrha was so unpleasant to work with and was so much of a bully to Jaune and Ruby that her character was killed off the second her contract expired at the end of season 3.

- Salem and Ozpin are old friends who relish their current roles, as Salem has traditionally played kind of virtuous characters, while Ozpin has been all but typecast as a villainous figure.

- Contrary to their portrayal in the early season, Weiss and Jaune have always been on good terms with each other. They would laugh themselves sick over the bad lines Jaune would have to feed Weiss when his character was attempting to date Weiss', and would try to suggest even worse lines to the writers, much to their frustration.

- When the camera stops, Sun and Ren do a personality swap, with Sun becoming more calm and composed, and Ren becoming far more energetic and friendly.

Feel free to add your own! It's all in good fun lol

The actress for Maria is the most experienced memberof the group, with more than 60 years experience in film, stage, and stand-up comedy. The production staff were reportedly shocked when she asked for a role-she said it's because her granddaughter liked the show.

The role for Cordovin was originally to go to a different actress who had to back out due to illness; Maria's actress suggested her co-star from a long running comedy series. Several of the gags they shared are very familiar to fans of the series.

The actress for Maria is the most experienced memberof the group, with more than 60 years experience in film, stage, and stand-up comedy. The production staff were reportedly shocked when she asked for a role-she said it's because her granddaughter liked the show.

The role for Cordovin was originally to go to a different actress who had to back out due to illness; Maria's actress suggested her co-star from a long running comedy series. Several of the gags they shared are very familiar to fans of the series.
Who is "Bea Arthur and Angela Lansbury," Alex?

Last edited:

Shouldn't this be in the RWBY fanfic thread?

forums.sufficientvelocity.com

Lets Get To It! Rwby Ideas/discussion Thread

the home inside your head - writeriguess - RWBY [Archive of Our Own] Synopsis: "While renovating her house, Yang takes in a friend of Weiss's who needs a place to regroup after ending things with an abusive ex. Blake learns how renovating a house can look a lot like recovery. - She presses...

Shouldn't this be in the RWBY fanfic thread?

forums.sufficientvelocity.com

Lets Get To It! Rwby Ideas/discussion Thread

the home inside your head - writeriguess - RWBY [Archive of Our Own] Synopsis: "While renovating her house, Yang takes in a friend of Weiss's who needs a place to regroup after ending things with an abusive ex. Blake learns how renovating a house can look a lot like recovery. - She presses...
I have no plans on turning this in to a fanfic, its just for fun.

I've gotten an idea stuck in my head for an AU where all the characters are simply real life actors playing fictional versions of themselves on TV. For fun I thought I'd share some of the differences between the 'real' version of a character and the 'fictional' versions from the RWBY show, as well as some made up trivia.

- As you might expect, the villainous characters are well liked behind the scenes. Adam and Cinder are idolized by the younger members of team RWBY and JNPR, Jaques Schnee is constantly pranking people by leaving them hard candies where they'll least expect it, and Ironwood has more or less adopted the position of "kid wrangler", by taking members of RWBY and JNPR out on fun activities.

- Despite her appearance on camera, Nora is actually very shy and mousy in real life. She says that she took the role of Nora to try and practice being more outgoing.

- Blake's Faunus trait is actually an enlarged set of canine teeth, as these do not show well on camera except on close ups, she wears a set of cat ears instead.

- Cinder so moved that she cried for an hour when she found out that the dialog Yang improvised about Summer Rose used her as its inspiration. Yang was mortified when that secret got out, but everyone else thought it was very sweet.

- Pyrrha was so unpleasant to work with and was so much of a bully to Jaune and Ruby that her character was killed off the second her contract expired at the end of season 3.

- Salem and Ozpin are old friends who relish their current roles, as Salem has traditionally played kind of virtuous characters, while Ozpin has been all but typecast as a villainous figure.

- Contrary to their portrayal in the early season, Weiss and Jaune have always been on good terms with each other. They would laugh themselves sick over the bad lines Jaune would have to feed Weiss when his character was attempting to date Weiss', and would try to suggest even worse lines to the writers, much to their frustration.

- When the camera stops, Sun and Ren do a personality swap, with Sun becoming more calm and composed, and Ren becoming far more energetic and friendly.

Ruby's hobbies were originally going to be fashion and photography, but her actress is big into making cosplay costumes and the show decided to run with it.
  • One of her builds actually made it into the show; ironically, it was Jaune's weapon and shield.
  • Ruby's original hobbies were eventually recycled for Coco and Velvet.

So I refer to some characters as name's actor but it's only people who I think could/would have different like "real" names.

Tryrion's actor is kinda like the Mads Mikkelsen of their universe, even being a Bond villain the man with the golden tail, got in because he had a younger Relative working on the show tell him about how they were introducing a Unhinged villain he is tired of playing the more "Monotone" villains. He is also missing the tip of his tail in real life, a Car accident when he was young, and that kinda introduced the plot point of Tryrion losing his tail in the show.

Kail is Blake's Irl mother(to play on that fan Theory about Wolf ears) she has been acting for like years and years but is More relatively a cult following actor her first role being in "Wolf bitches from hell" as "wolf bitch #4".

Ghira Is really big in stunt mad circles being basically their universe Kane Hodder(One of the people who played Jason Voorhes the most in our world). He is Actually way hairier naturally

Qrow and Clover are Irl brothers in law do it makes shipping em together kinda funny. He and the actress for Tock are married, and also on a internet( or Whatever it would be in this Au) D&D live play podcast. They play a Barbarian gnoll & a ranger lizardman

Yatsuhashi's actor was a small time actor when the show started but was cast as Thor in a Wonder Woman movie.

Roman and Neo's actresses, Irl triplets, are a popular punk band, roman also wrote a spiderman comic where Spiderman is a Mecha controled by a spider

Now I'm imagining Adam's actor as an advocate against domestic abuse, like how Bulks actor from MMPR was against bullying.

Last edited:
"I'm a thrill seeker. I want to travel around the world and get wrapped up in as many crazy adventures as I can. And if I help people along the way then that's even better. It's a win-win, ya'know?"/"I want to be a Huntress...not really because I want to be a Hero, but because I want the adventure. I want a life where I won't know what tomorrow will bring, and that will be a good thing. Being a Huntress just happens to line up with that." - Yang

"It's exactly as you said, I'm a Schnee. I have a legacy of honor to uphold. Once I realized I was capable of fighting there was no longer a question of what I'd do with my life. It was my duty."/"If I had taken a job in Atlas it would not of changed anything. My father was not the start of our name, and I refuse to let him be the end of it." - Weiss

"There is to much wrong in this world to just stand by and do nothing. Inequality, corruption, someone has to stop it."/"I joined the Academy because I knew Huntsmen and Huntresses were regarded as the most noble warriors in the world. Always fighting for good, but I never really thought past that. When I leave the Academy what will I....how can I undo so many years of hate?" - Blake

Their surface level answer to Ooblecks question, and the truth of the matter at the time.
How do we think these 3 have changed/grown since in regards to these answers?

How do we think these 3 have changed/grown since in regards to these answers?
There's a neat meta floating around somewhere about how in V8 Yang's decisions come off as the most Huntress-like, not in a "Ruby did a bad thing" way but just in terms of contrast to past statements and methods which was neat.

Weiss has pretty much entirely freed herself from her false prison of expectations, abuse and ideals, to the point where even the SDC became secondary or low tier in terms of importance in favor of doing what's right now and not sacrificing her independence for a maybe one day.

Given how much self loathing Blake had in V2 abut her mental image as a coward, I'd say she's grown and changed incredibly by shedding the toxic ideas implanted in her by Adam regarding herself and her self worth. I also think that while she's not settled on any one ideology, I do think she's become much more confident in her ability to make the right choices to protect people in the moment.

Now I'm imagining Adam's actor as an advocate against domestic abuse, like how Bulks actor from MMPR was against bullying.
And now I'm imagining Blake and Adam being in an Anthony Hopkins/Martha Stewart situation, where they used to be in a very sweet and wholesome relationship behind the scenes but Blake couldn't separate Adam the character from Adam the actor, leading to a very sad and unfortunate breakup.

I am, because I'm more interested in a throwing out random trivia about a lighthearted AU than I am about engaging with a rehash of an old argument that will never be resolved.
That comes off as kind of a dismissive way to respond to someone saying "The AU romanticization of an abuser and child groomer makes me uncomfortable."

That comes off as kind of a dismissive way to respond to someone saying "The AU romanticization of an abuser and child groomer makes me uncomfortable."
Except in the AU he's not, he's an actor trying to make a point about how horrible the character he plays is. Blake and Adam's actors having had a thing probably isn't a good thing, unless Blake is actually older than him but like most shows they got actors older than their roles for the series.

Back