RWBY Thread III: Time To Say Goodbye

Stop: So gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
so gotta few things that need to be said real quick.
We get a lot of reports from this thread. A lot of it is just a series of people yelling at each other over arguments that have been rehashed hundreds of times since the end of the recent Volume. And I get that the last Volume - and RWBY in general, really - has some controversial moments that people will want to discuss, argue about, debate, etc.

That's fine. We're not going to stop people from doing that, because that's literally what the point of the thread is. However, there's just a point where it gets to be a bit too much, and arguments about whether or not Ironwood was morally justified in his actions in the recent Volume, or if RWBY and her team were in the right for withholding information from Ironwood out of distrust, or whatever flavor of argument of the day descend into insulting other posters, expressing a demeaning attitude towards other's opinions, and just being overall unpleasant. That tends to happen a lot in this thread. We want it to stop happening in this thread.

So! As of now the thread is in a higher state of moderation. What that means is that any future infractions will result in a weeklong boot from the thread, and repeated offenders will likely be permanently removed. So please, everyone endeavor to actually respect the other's arguments, and even if you strongly disagree with them please stay civil and mindful when it comes to responding to others.

In addition, users should refrain from talking about off-site users in the thread. Bear in mind that this does not mean that you cannot continue to post tumblr posts, for example, that add onto the discussion in the thread, with the caveat that it's related to RWBY of course. But any objections to offsite users in the thread should be handled via PM, or they'll be treated as thread violations and infracted as such.

Last edited:
question
When all is said and done, will the Grimm remain?

Me, I think The Grimm should remain as a natural part of the world.

I think the Grimm will stick around, them going away feels too neat and tidy as an ending in a way that just doesn't work and by and large feels subtractive from the genre the series is a part of. It'd be like if Aura went away.

I think the Grimm will stick around, them going away feels too neat and tidy as an ending in a way that just doesn't work and by and large feels subtractive from the genre the series is a part of. It'd be like if Aura went away.

Not to mention much of Remnant's society is based on Aura, Dust, and the Huntsmen.
If any of these 3 are removed it will be a big upheaval.

@excalibur2008 was talking about what an average person can do when the Gods were with people, back when they had magic. Salem's immortality or Ozpin's reincarnation have nothing to do with the magic they have.
Kind of though, with Salem since she was alone for so long weather she was in the Tower or post GoD destruction she has had many years to train and hone her magical powers, where as with Ozma he was an adventurer and most likely had his fair share of training in the Mystic arts so he would be considered above the average person, plus we do not know if either one was ever considered a prodigy of the Magical arts when compared to the average person.

I have two problems with the idea of the Crown being on Patch. The first is that in V3, Ruby tells her mother's grave that Tai is going to start pulling huntsman missions again, which would leave the crown truly and well undefended. Security through obscurity is certainly a thing, but potentially leaving the Crown without even a single defender is bonkers. The second is that having the Crown on Patch puts Ruby and Yang in direct danger as children. Say what you will about Tai, but I doubt he'd be willing to do that. We already saw the angry look he was giving Qrow when he wanted to talk to Ruby alone. Dude knew Qrow was going to drop some juicy info. I honestly think Tai really did choose to settle down after Raven left to raise his daughter in relative peace.

That's not to say that it's impossible that the Crown is hiding on Patch. I just think it's unlikely that Tai is or was aware of it if that turns out to be the case.

Last edited:
I hate the idea of the crown being on Patch and frankly I think the theory only exists to try and justify Tai not going after Ruby after he implicitly cited Yang as the reason he wasn't, which made her feel guilty and put on the arm and go after her in his stead. There's tons of places Ozpin could hide it that are obscure, but Patch, with its very active Grimm population sure as hell isn't one of them. A safety deposit box in the heart of Vale would be a better choice, because at least it wouldn't be blatantly drawing Grimm t a very obvious and indefensible location.

Also yeah, as noted above, Tai doesn't seem to 'lie' any of this stuff, and frankly I think it vastly oversells him to imply he'd be more useful protection than a magic door even Salem can't open without the key.

People really want to believe that Tai wasn't kind of a bad parent don't they.
Tai's certainly not winning any "Dad of the Year" awards, and this theory is all about pretending he has a good reason not to go after his daughters.

But the flip side is he also isn't the worst parent in history, either. Some people want to make him out as an irredeemable monster worse than Raven or even Cinder, which is equally as annoying.

Tai's not a particularly great parent, no more, no less. I can't see why people can't come to terms with that.

For the time being I can believe that the Crown is on Patch, especially if Ozpin was sneaky about it, even if doing so is a big No No.
It at least makes far more sense than Glynda being the Crown >.>

But honestly at this point, we could very well see The Crown on The Island.

Back