Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Voting is open
A friendly reminder to new questers to read the Informational threadmarks and FAQ specifically before asking a question. Links below:

Frequently Asked Questions
Here is the Detailed Rune List
Discord.

On Thread Etiquette:

I'm not going to weigh in on the logic of either side's arguments, but I will ask that everyone read over what they write and really consider if the words they used are polite and won't be inflammatory intentionally or not. You cant account for people's tolerances perfectly but at least try to say your piece without saying things that can be easily construed as overly dismissive of the other side of the argument, thank you.

Please endeavour to be cordial. :^)

Last edited:
It should be copper instead of bronze. Bronze is an alloy of copper and tin. It is mixed, not mined. The seam discovered should be copper and either mixed with tin to make bronze or worked by itself to make equipment.

Or alternatively, as some magic metal, it just so happens to really seem like bronze, even though it isn't, and so can be mined. Or perhaps you could say that the magical nonsense that led to its existence is the process that turned it into an alloy before being worked be sentient beings.

All sorts of possibilities when magical nonsense is involved.

Then we're grateful to Thungni for the insights his challenge has hopefully given us, politely congratulate the new bearer of the Hammer, and then we go home and try not to dwell on it.
The fact that Thugni proved that it is possible to refine Adamant even further and already done it himself is the kind of boon for insights and progress that would justify this entire place.

The fact that we are seeing the deeper methodologies of Thugni's mindset with how to produce and study, proof that certain acts are possible*like controlling multiple gronti using a single Rune, preserving memory and encoding seemingly true personality and voice into a gronti, using Ulgu and the Rune of Stacking to create nigh-perfect hiding places for certain secrets, and that there is credence to the usage of the Blood of a Runelord for the refinement of specific metals.

All of these are incredibly valuable on their own! If there is no hammer either, we know that this place should be kept a continuing secret as a way for future Runesmiths to test themselves and see the the impossible is not as far out of reach as they once believed. The Hammer would be phenomenal, but what we've seen and learned already is well worth the trip and effort.

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by soulcake on Jul 11, 2024 at 8:28 AM, finished with 72 posts and 40 votes.

@soulcake A bit of fanart of Karstah, commissioned from the absolutely phenomenal @Renu

someone asked me to post the compiled Khazagar images I been doodlin in my freetime or during meetings to occupy my hands and not like, annoyingly tap my fingers on the table or thump the floor. People have posted a few of these already but Im just getting them all together.

I Commissioned another picture for @soulcake from the great @Renu! Check out their Art thread here -> Renu's art thingies Drawing

Last one I think I'll do is one for Fjolla, might spring for a background too. Maybe.
All of these images are broken.

I just looked over our Equipment and noticed that our axe is still from the beginning of quest not to our standard anymore so I wanted to ask are their any plans or idea for replacing it with?

I just looked over our Equipment and noticed that our axe is still from the beginning of quest not to our standard anymore so I wanted to ask are their any plans or idea for replacing it with?
Big shrug.
Are you asking for the plans: the rune designs: or the plans, which turn are we going to do it in?

There are multiple designs floating around as well as some concepts that are still in a brainstorming phase, however due to the threads perfectionism we are unlikely to actually commit to a permeant replacement until we get a worthy reagent and/or another storm of magic. And these aren't really predictable for the player base.
And even then the Dragon Gronti may still take priority.

I think I've made the argument in the past that replacing our axe and remaining tier 3 talisman with low tier legendaries is probably something that would provide a comparable increase in power to going all in a single item and is something we can do relatively easily. However there hasn't been interest, probably for one of the following reasons: Doesn't feel as epic to make things that are deliberately going to be replaced, don't want to commit even three actions given the research crunch, or would be willing to do so but its not been proposed at the right time.

Last edited:
In theory, our spite ring deals with our DPS issues, so we want a weapon which does something pure DPS can't do.

Also, as long as we don't fuck up, we might just get straight up Hammer of Thungni as a weapon, which will probably be superior in almost every respect to anything we can make untill we unlock true death.

Also, as long as we don't fuck up, we might just get straight up Hammer of Thungni as a weapon, which will probably be superior in almost every respect to anything we can make untill we unlock true death.
I'd say thats true, except for the fact that I think theres a strong argument to be made that I'd rather have the hammer which is so damn versatile soulcake described it as making you a wizard rather than having something that is somewhat better at spitting in the eye of one specific enemy.

I think it is the runewand thing that makes you near a wizard, not the hammer.
You are correct, I fetched the WoG post to be sure:
Karaz Kazak Rhun destroys as surely, if not more so, as it creates; a weapon through and through.
Gormwand allows Thungni to appear as like a wizard to the uneducated masses. The symbol of his ability as a RUNEsmith.

#Culture #Runesmiths
E: I guess I forgot he was also a dual wielder.

Last edited:
Wasn't it one Ancestor on each gate/tower?
Thats the decor, not a specific location dedicated to venerating Morgrim.
The six towers each have a statue of an Ancestor God in front of them, Grungni and Valaya flanking the gatehouse, Grimnir to Grungni's left, Gazul to Valaya's right and both Smednir and Morgrim capping off the towers at the end, while Thungni, of course, stands in a place of pride in the center of the courtyard.
And it certainly didn't give us his blessing somehow.

You'll need to make something out of pure Engineering and properly disseminate it across the Karaz Ankor in order to get Morgrim's blessing, I'd think. Or just build so, so, so many works of pure Engineering like Holds and whatnot.

Sorry for the double post, I got a new copy from @Renu that I'm hosting on Deviant art for now. Didn't expect to have to do that, I'll be dumping what I have in the discord art channel just incase my account on DA is deleted in the future.

Voting is open
Back