I find our increasing reliance on heroes and geniuses really worrying, honestly, because as we've seen building a system for exceptional leaders means that mediocrity has even more consequences. We can't guarantee we'll always have them, after all...
Yeah personally i dont think we should take any more genius/hero actions from golden age choices, both for this reason and for the sheer cost. The only possible exception would be a heroic/genius alchemist, and even then our luck with study metal and alchemy rolls this last turn mean i'd just as soon take the direct tech innovation choices :p

I find our increasing reliance on heroes and geniuses really worrying, honestly, because as we've seen building a system for exceptional leaders means that mediocrity has even more consequences. We can't guarantee we'll always have them, after all...
Do keep in mind that this is pretty much our Golden Hour. An Epic Age followed by an Age of Divine Wrath followed by a Golden Age.

Having a shitload of heroes during this time is kinda expected. It will probably cause some problems once we stop having heroes for a generation or two, but our system isn't the type to be reliant on one person anyways. We'll be fine as long as we don't put too much power into the King's hands before we run out of heroes.

What, you mean our priests didn't learn how to cast Meteor? I thought that was why they were acting so smug lately.:p

(I miss our humble common sense priests...)

That is due to how successful the empire is as well as being completely convinced of the Ymaryn idea. So if we got badly damaged by an natural event of sort then everyone inside will be humbled. :V May give everyone outside ideas however.

Just remembered, what do you guys think of also colonizing Australia?
Honestly? Don't bother. A continent the size of the USA and it only has 20 million people or so in the 21st century.

Politically and culturally it may have quite a bit to recommend it, but the land...well, there's a reason the Brits decided to make it a dumping ground for prisoners.

We should Ave taken the culture genius, we could be having a sun King to adorn our golden age, or a Vespasian to glorify Valleyhome, or a Suleiman to immortalise our majesty.

We should Ave taken the culture genius, we could be having a sun King to adorn our golden age, or a Vespasian to glorify Valleyhome, or a Suleiman to immortalise our majesty.
I'm preeeeety sure we want to integrate our new conquests before we start spending tons of our wealth on our palaces/cities. You can push for Versaille once we have a stable empire, 'kay?

Dumping ground? I hear: NEW BIOME!
Better send a bunch of people to spend time (several generations) with the Khemetri, then, to get used to colonising desert. 'Cause that's what all the interior is.

The coasts are OK, but not enough to justify trekking halfway around the world.

ETA Like I said, culturally I think Australia is great. But Not!Australia won't have that, so...yeah, not much to attract the Ymaryn.

Last edited:
Please avoid settling and/or developing large landmass that is separated by ocean, those distant place always go their own way.

I'm preeeeety sure we want to integrate our new conquests before we start spending tons of our wealth on our palaces/cities. You can push for Versaille once we have a stable empire, 'kay?

But i heard good things about level 2 storeroom and level 2 shrine. :p

Easy mode in the same way Anor Londo is easier the Blightown...

Either way everything's still going to catch fire.

Me we should formalize fire in out religion?

Blightown is lacking in fire, to be honest. Anor Londo being too tall.

Last edited:

Those were tools of unity, the elites of the land look upon it and are enslaved to its splendour.

In more practical terms, it sent a very important message, the king and his court is so absolutely better than you in every possible way that the only way you are not an insignificant little shit doomed to obscurity is to become part of that court.

There's a reason historical empires spent so much on the Royal court. Prestige and Majesty where hard currency used to hold the empire together and smooth over problems. Furthermore the Royal court being the pinnacle of culture ensured that only the ethos and narrative the king want would be disseminated to the elites and the rest of the country. And lastly by having everyone who matterd be in the court and compete for influence, you prevent them from plotting against you or the empire, as well as keeping an eye on them (they are not hostages if they don't feel like hostages afterall).

Then there's the romantic and cultural/technological benefits, but av talked about that.

Last edited:
Please avoid settling and/or developing large landmass that is separated by ocean, those distant place always go their own way.
That can be a good thing. It is much easier to work together with another country that shares your language and origins, and that has a similar culture and religion.

It is certainly much easier for the British to work together with the Australians than with the Brazilians.

That can be a good thing. It is much easier to work together with another country that shares your language and origins, and that has a similar culture and religion.

It is certainly much easier for the British to work together with the Australians than with the Brazilians.

And the elephant in the room is left unsaid. :whistle:

Back