I can't wait to see future Ymaryns arguing about produce and gmos. I have no idea why that's my first post but here we are.

I can't wait to see future Ymaryns arguing about produce and gmos. I have no idea why that's my first post but here we are.
Oh wow. Those would quite possibly be vicious.

Or completely sedate. I guess it will depend.

Anyway how fucking awesome is it that their concept of dragons spit something that is a stage more pure and awesome than lightning?

I mean jesus Crow that is far too metal for my mortal mind to comprehend.

*shrug*
I don't think future Ymaryns would argue that much about produce considering that the former appear to still be grown somewhat locally (in the gardens of the city) while we have strong-ish health studies that would relatively quickly go like "oh, pesticides are bad for you."

We'd probably argue about GMO's though. Some people would be like "it lets us grow more" and others would be like "just avoid monoculture."

@Academia Nut Do we monoculture or what?

inverse. lightning is the most vitriol thing, the dragons spit something a stage below that but above vitriol as we can make it.
*takes a look*

Being powerful supernatural beings from the dawn of time, it makes sense that they would have access to such powerful magic. Further refinements in knowledge in fact suggest that they did not 'spit' water-borne vitriol but pure elemental vitriol of the sort that alchemists cannot isolate.

Water-borne vitriol being what we can make. So they "spit" pure elemental vitriol, which is not isolate-able.

While not an orthodox opinion, many now suspect that lightning is in fact the purest form of vitriol available in the material world.

The phrase "the purest form of vitriol available in the material world" reads to me like pure vitriol is not available on the mortal world.

So the organization to me seems like:

Pure Vitriol (dragon spit)
\/
Lightning
\/
Water-borne vitriol

(E: granted this is mostly nitpicks)

Last edited:
Diff Checker
Diff Checker
Civ sheet updated again, and we have more centralization, but we have less econ and less econ expansion?? o_O
Wait...ah, shit!
Split some of the new cities off as Free Cities? (2 Econ and Econ Expansion transferred to each, max 2 transfers)
The free city stuff changed from what it was on the last action sheet; the last action sheet said it transferred 2 econ (which would return 2 econ expansion), but now it transfers 2 econ AND 2 econ expansion (technically 4, since the 2 econ transfer would still refund 2 EE, but it eats 2 EE net...), so each free city eats 4 LTE! Which means we now literally can't even max out econ without having 0 expansion slots left... @Academia Nut why does it now eat that much econ permanently to have a free city? o_O

(Also, AN, does Place to the Stars provide canal bonuses?)

Diff Checker
Diff Checker
Civ sheet updated again, and we have more centralization, but we have less econ and less econ expansion?? o_O
Wait...ah, shit!

The free city stuff changed from what it was on the last action sheet; the last action sheet said it transferred 2 econ (which would return 2 econ expansion), but now it transfers 2 econ AND 2 econ expansion (technically 4, since the 2 econ transfer would still refund 2 EE, but it eats 2 EE net...), so each free city eats 4 LTE! Which means we now literally can't even max out econ without having 0 expansion slots left... @Academia Nut why does it now eat that much econ permanently to have a free city? o_O

I'd guess the econ munch is from the Free City being given sufficient land around it in order to feed itself.

Basically the per turn econ cost of it being a True City has to come from somewhere so the land around it makes the most sense.

Diff Checker
Diff Checker
Wait...ah, shit!

Free Cities have always costed 2 econ and 2 econ expansion. Check the first update we had the option 'Banners heralding change'.

Hmm... I guess that this makes sense if the dragons are supernatural rather than material.

I concur.
Distinctly so sir Cat. They are in fact considered Demons from the dawn of time, so you get this sort of conclusion.

The real kicker with this organization of vitriol is that it is not orthodox since it implies that our mortal alchemists can't refine pure vitriol ever.
Which must stick in their craws.

@BungieONI New Ymarin theme song!

Pretty good.

I'm feeling the need for some ominous music though. Got something darker?

The real question of the ages is :
How can we improve the quality of our wool to make it its own trade good?
I want my renaissance finery God dammit!
Well good sheep we are trading in textiles, so that may be a combo of fur and wool. And with the demand now, our wool should rise in quality naturally.

Free Cities have always costed 2 econ and 2 econ expansion. Check the first update we had the option 'Banners heralding change'.
Huh... you're right:
What is to be done about the Sacred Forest?
[] [City] Leave it be
[] [City] Found Free City (2 Econ and Econ Expansion Transferred)
I'd been looking at the action list for it, which just says "transfer 2 econ":
Found Free City - Cities are hard to manage, giving them increased autonomy to manage themselves will reduce administrative overhead. Current Possibility: Sacred Forest
*S: Transfer 2 Econ, converts True City to Free City. Free Cities now produce a Passive Policy of their choice in activity each turn

But yeah, i might have voted for just a single city if i'd noticed that instead of just going off the action list :/

Huh... you're right:

I'd been looking at the action list for it, which just says "transfer 2 econ":

But yeah, i might have voted for just a single city if i'd noticed that instead of just going off the action list :/
Huh, hadn't even noticed it wasn't the same in the list, I just remembered it was two of both and went looking for an update with the option.

Legacy Gained
The King of Kings: Every nation in the world now knows of you as the Land of the Gods. They are jealous. 'Ware Heroes come to topple your Dark Throne.
Legacy Gained
Well Known: Foreign nations have heard of you and are curious about this power over the horizon. Random chance of foreign diplomats arriving every main turn. Minor increase in Trade Power, Pilgrimage, hostile assaults, inward and outward tech exchange. Effect strengthened as Prestige increases. Legacy lost after having less than 100 Prestige for 5 or more turns.

Last edited:
Legacy Gained
Well Known: Every nation within 4 links of you has heard of you. They are curious about this power over the horizon. Random chance of foreign diplomats arriving every main turn. Increased Trade Power, Pilgrimage, Inward and Outward Tech Exchange. Legacy lost after having less than 100 Prestige for 5 or more turns.
Oh that's far more reasonable.

But it's not as funny... *sigh*

I wanna be the Final Boss consarnit! :V

I wanna be the Final Boss consarnit! :V
honestly I don't want to be the final boss I just want to consume the world and then reach for the stars.

Edit: Supposedly we can integrate the WW in a single turn due to their Governor's Palace, but I'd rather integrate the Txolla instead to see if we can reach the TS and integrate them >.>

Back