Incidentally, helping out Txolla and punching Thunder Horse's face in might provide something no one has noticed.

Does anyone have any guesses? It has not been brought up in the thread yet.
Religious dominance from kicking in the face of our big rivals for that

We're not sure what Gwygotha's stats were, so she might have been a Genius.

But this is the first Genius that we've heard of, yeah.
You know, even if "General" doesn't mean "martial+admin hero" like it did for Cwriid, i think our new Genius will end up taking over the turn, either next turn (if he doesn't have to be king to do so, or the current heir gets promoted and then dies early) or the turn after (if he lives that long), just because "Genius" is probably powerful enoguh to do so no matter what their stats are.

Also, just gonna put out my hope to @Academia Nut that our new General is the daughter (granddaughter) of Nahachaphuria, the refugee from the Depressing Update, with Nachachaphuria working her way up into a decent job after the Census and Law changed, and her daughter/granddaughter becoming war Couriers after the war took so many lives that we had to use the smaller horses that only young women can ride, instead of just the best and heaviest (but rare) horses we've been breeding. Please AN, please <3

Last edited:
You know, even if "General" doesn't mean "martial+ hero" like it did for Cwriid, i think our new Genius will end up taking over the turn, either next turn (if he doesn't have to be king to do so, or the current heir gets promoted and then dies early) or the turn after (if he lives that long), just because "Genius" is probably powerful enoguh to do so no matter what their stats are.

Also, just gonna put out my hope to @Academia Nut that our new General is the daughter (granddaughter) of Nahachaphuria, the refugee from the Depressing Update, with Nachachaphuria working her way up into a decent job after the Census and Law changed, and her daughter/granddaughter becoming war Couriers after the war took so many lives that we had to use the smaller horses that only young women can ride, instead of just the best and heaviest (but rare) horses we've been breeding. Please AN, please <3
That narrative is fucking awesome Abby.

Full support from me.

@Sivantic. What are we gonna get another vassal by accident again? Are we gonna have to start calling the Thunder Speakers TS-chan?

You know, even if "General" doesn't mean "martial+ hero" like it did for Cwriid, i think our new Genius will end up taking over the turn, either next turn (if he doesn't have to be king to do so, or the current heir gets promoted and then dies early) or the turn after (if he lives that long), just because "Genius" is probably powerful enoguh to do so no matter what their stats are.

@Academia Nut Pls
Pls

Aww, didn't wake up early enough to vote :/

All well...I just hope we can force atleast 1 white peace in order to snag some stability.

And tinriver is the odd one out, not expanding or preparing for war :p
Tinriver is also our Only Trading Post. So it cannot expand or really help prepare for war. So yeah:V
So i'm gonna guess something like gaining a free war mission in response to the initial attacks of an enemy so long as we survive? Or maybe something like "1 martial damage from any individual war loss roll is refunded"? Either way, pretty damn useful. Not Essential, but i think the most powerful option overall, especially since legacies don't take up value slots or the like.
I actually think it is an emergency Stability Raiser. Since the King is still there, he can rouse the anger into one voice.
Loyalty is already pretty high 4/5
Since they took over our religious rivals and we may be sort of 'freeing' the Thunder Speakers, into being our vassals, thus gaining religious dominance?

Well, that's sort of two guesses.

We also might recreate the Xoh empire and make them to our liking in terms of principles.
Religious dominance from kicking in the face of our big rivals for that
These however are correct. Recall that a big way that we defeated the Txolla priests is the fact that we kicked Xohyrissi's face in. Therefore our gods were much greater than theirs. Same here. We win here, then our gods are better than the Thunder Horse's gods.

Nah, let's go full Jeanne d'Arc.

Which for a start means she can't come from Ymarryn (Jeanne came from the Duchy of Lorraine, HRE, at that time outside the Kingdom of France). HK or TH raid some unimportant, unaligned lowlander village. Jeanne receives a vision from "Crow", and goes to the Ymarryn to lead their army...

Nah, let's go full Jeanne d'Arc.

Which for a start means she can't come from Ymarryn (Jeanne came from the Duchy of Lorraine, HRE, at that time outside the Kingdom of France). HK or TH raid some unimportant, unaligned lowlander village. Jeanne receives a vision from "Crow", and goes to the Ymarryn to lead their army...
This is my preference.

Still, this uses up all of our culture and 2 econ.
Maybe I'm misremembering, but doesn't free mean actually free, as in it costs us no resources? So it's just +2 Stability, +1 Prestige.
---
Anyway, a few minor pieces of analysis:
We currently have 6 provinces. We gain actions/policies on every 2nd and every 3rd province. Thus going from 6 to 7 gives us nothing. No need to immediately expand.

Free Cities just got a lot better. I don't love them but they might be worthwhile. Especially since over Centralization penalties are doubled, making normal True Cities a bit more dangerous.

Kicking used to require an action associated with it. We did 2 main war missions, so we had 2 natural kick opportunities. Going beyond that may have led to dominishing returns.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but doesn't free mean actually free, as in it costs us no resources? So it's just +2 Stability, +1 Prestige.
---
We currently have 6 provinces. We gain actions/policies on every 2nd and every 3rd province. Thus going from 6 to 7 gives us nothing. No need to immediately expand.

Free Cities just got a lot better. I don't love them but they might be worthwhile. Especially since over Centralization penalties are doubled, making normal True Cities a bit more dangerous.

Kicking used to require an action associated with it. We did 2 main war missions, so we had 2 natural kick opportunities. Going beyond that may have led to dominishing returns.
I'm pretty sure Free has almost been meant in the "taking this action is free" way instead of the "this action has not cost" way.
It acts as a free Main Action, not as a free Stat Gain.

[X] [WB] Upgrade We Have Reserves
[X] [Hero] Gain a Genius general
[X] [War] Western Lowlands (Highlanders + Thunder Horse)
[X] [Kick] 5 Stability

---

Oops, i missed the "free" part *facepalm*
And province actions round up, so going to 7 gets us a fourth province action.
yeah, the policy gain is going to be amazing; i'm pretty sure we'll have four true cities sooner rather than later, since that reaction action choice the other turn suggests lower valleyhome is getting crowded too. And we should have 3 true cities next turn, at which point we'd be able to push for +9 infrastructure progress/turn (4 policies on infrastructure, plus the +1 from Law), and the defense. Or we could be more varied, and grab forestry/vassal/city support, or the like? (if nothing else, we'll probably want one city support, because -4 econ a turn is bad if baby boom ends...

Back