This hurts, it hurts me by accurate our inaccuracy is. >.<
""Look at how stupid and in awe of us Nega-Nega-SV must be" says Nega-SV me, cleverly gloating about how superior he and his fellow players are" says actual me, cleverly lampshading how I did the same thing a couple days ago and am doing the same to my Nega-SV self kind of :p

BECAUSE PINK PONE IS BEST PONE
Mudponies aren't good for anything but peasant work like farming or baking. All hail the Unicorn master race, the only ones who can fight gods on a near-equal footing.

Then again, she certainly fits your avatar at least... (Good ol' CMFIS)

To tie this back on topic, we're actually a lot like them.
They've taken Divine Stewards to a ridiculous extreme- they manage everything from animal nesting and breeding to the local weather patterns. The incredibly dangerous Everfree is due to it growing on its own. The horror!
Similarly, Cutie Marks are basically taking Symphony to the most ridiculous and magical extreme, where your place in life is determined by what you're best at and you will fit in perfectly so long as you do it.
Cosmopolitan Acceptance is pretty clearly part of their society considering how often we see the other races mixing in with them whereas we only rarely see ponies staying with the other races on a semi-permanent basis.

Nobility in Humility is something that their god keeps trying to promote, but is pretty clearly failing at it. And she's not saying no to all those delicious heroes, though she tries to bring them to her value system. (edit: Succeeded with Twilight, failed with Sunset and in how most of the population that still worships her)

Protective Justice and Honourable Death are hooked in pretty well with their soldiers, though it's probably not a part of their society as a whole. Observance is also not really a trait they have beyond their scholars.

Still, that's our most evolved traits that are all lining up pretty well with theirs, they've just taken them even further.

Last edited:
""Look at how stupid and in awe of us Nega-Nega-SV must be" says Nega-SV me, cleverly gloating about how superior he and his fellow players are" says actual me, cleverly lampshading how I did the same thing a couple days ago and am doing the same to my Nega-SV self kind of :p
Ow you should weaponize that kind of wording/logic train. *pats head, hears sloshing*

I think you made my brain bleed a little.

Anyhoo~
*pulls out stools near the bar counter* Have a seat while we get back to speculating about what happened in the rolls for the up coming turn?

I'll collect AN's comments on the subject:

Not sure if there will be an update tonight, but got a bit of a second wind so will lock it in and start work/thinking

[X] Random Admin tech upgrade
[X] Magwyna (-1 Stability, other effects, [Poor Martial, Heroic Admin and Diplo])
[X] New Trails (-1 Econ, +1 Diplo, +1 Centralization, other effects)
[X] Take in some (Chance of stability loss, +2 Econ)

Also, you may wish to look at what happened the last time you had a character with really high Admin skills take charge...

Yup, gonna need more rest to figure out these results. Update in fourteen to sixteen hours.
Well starting from the bottom, some of this time is actually sleepy time. Because he mentioned that he was tired in this post and he disappeared shortly after commenting about Abby's Recursive Omake.

So to start this discussion off again in earnest:
He references our last Admin hero. He was the First King of Myths so look to updates just before Bynwyn the Awesome Shaman.

What happened then? We convinced Nomads to travel and hit the Lowlands. This is a <A New Player Appears in the Lowlands!> event, similar to when the Eastern Thunder Horse arrived a few turns ago. (Hey can anyone find me a quote or linky that confirms if they still follow the Ymaryn Heart Thunder Horse Forever pact?)

We also did so well on admin rolls continuously that we got a <Stability UP!> event because he was that awesome.

We also got a <Tech Advance!> event. We know this is for certain happening because we picked the Admin tech in the vote.

It's been nearly 900 pages since then so what else happened?

This is now the only acceptable path for the Ymaryn.

Let's show those Thunder Horses how real equine operate!
Sadly, we don't have the spare manpower required, and we're missing weather-control tech. The ST might have had an in on it considering they may have had some sort of lightning generator and drought causer (likely they were lying and just predicted the events, but maybe...)

The manpower requirements are somewhat obscene though. Their equivalent to taxmas would be when they manually end winter. No real festival, just a full day of work (but everyone's happy about it because they're even more workaholics than us).

Or y'know, there's always the other interpretation...

So i've finally figured out the obvious evolution of the Nega-verse omakes...Nega-verse omakes about the real verse :V

So i've got a fake omake* by "Usual James", one of the players of the Dead Priest universe Nega-SV, about how they think the "Beast Folk" would have responded to finding out about their Wall of Bones, and i was about to write up the fake comments when i realized the obvious solution was to have actual "Beast Folk" players do the responding.

So if anyone wants to pretend to be a parody of themselves, playing a distorted image of our civ as portrayed by a parody-me who loves sacrifice and thinks eqalitarian nature lovers are stupid and prone to failure, let me know :p I'll start up a private conversation with anyone interested and share the fake update. Once the interested people have commented, i'll add in some more Dead Priest players commenting on the complete fake-omake, and then we'll have a complete omake...and proof to @Academia Nut that his comments about "Nega-SV" driving the other civs has spawned something terrible :p

@zamin @Powerofmind @Citino @notgreat You've all done omakes, so would you be interested?

*...an ofake, perhaps? :V

... Sure, why not?

But honestly, I'm a bit confused trying to figure out what you're actually planning.

Well since AN seems busy for the moment I'll take a certain stab at what we do know:

The Econ Ranking
-Our Econ
-Xoh & West MW Econ
-HK Econ
-Nomad Econ
-TH Econ

Reason I rate the Nomads above the TH is that even though the TH is settled there are a fuckload of Nomads so they have the power of quantity.
I don't know enough about the SHP to really rate them but I think they are above the HK and possibly around the Western MW.
I'm not sure the Metal Workers are that high. They have tools, sure, but I don't think they're that organized. I also think the HK may be higher on econ than the Xoh, they are rocking some level of our farming tech, and have quite a bit of land after all. That said, we still don't really know how big the Xoh effective territory is.

I am fairly certain the Xoh have the highest diplo value at this point, and maybe the highest mysticism value too, definitely up there. At least, among the people we can see.

Recursive Negaverse (We Must Go Deeper)
I see someone is trying to make @Citino very happy.

This is now the only acceptable path for the Ymaryn.

Let's show those Thunder Horses how real equine operate!
You know, for a split second there I thought that pointing out that in order to do that we would need to learn bullshit magic to control the weather, and that while I think magic might exist I wouldn't be sure as to that level, would encourage you to give up on the idea, cause you to curve your expectations, do anything other than encourage you to pursue this path with even more vigor.

You know, for a split second there I thought that pointing out that in order to do that we would need to learn bullshit magic to control the weather, and that while I think magic might exist I wouldn't be sure as to that level, would encourage you to give up on the idea, cause you to curve your expectations, do anything other than encourage you to pursue this path with even more vigor.
Quitter talk is for people who aren't descended from Gygowyn. I've even thought of the first step to controlling clouds!

You know how mountains can create rain shadows when placed correctly against the wind? With sufficient selective breeding and proper care, we could grow a tree to similar sizes. Plant enough of those and any area downwind would suddenly get less rainfall. And if we want clouds to go through, then we just have to prune the mountain-sized trees and voila,suddenly the clouds can pass through and the land gets shade and water (until the leaves grow back).

So what if this would be a megaproject literally unrivalled in scale by anything done by modern humans and assumes that the laws of physics/biology work differently in this verse than our own, it could totally be done!

Quitter talk is for people who aren't descended from Gygowyn. I've even thought of the first step to controlling clouds!

You know how mountains can create rain shadows when placed correctly against the wind? With sufficient selective breeding and proper care, we could grow a tree to similar sizes. Plant enough of those and any area downwind would suddenly get less rainfall. And if we want clouds to go through, then we just have to prune the mountain-sized trees and voila,suddenly the clouds can pass through and the land gets shade and water (until the leaves grow back).

So what if this would be a megaproject literally unrivalled in scale by anything done by modern humans and assumes that the laws of physics/biology work differently in this verse than our own, it could totally be done!

Just build an arcology and be done with it.

As far as I can tell, that's not even close to how AN works. More likely they have an actual bonus to hero production. Maybe they upgraded or merged nobility in humility so it no longer has the downside suppressing hero production.

I think they dropped Humility totally. Hell, probably an opposite trait that gives tons of heroes, but they're mostly douches.

??? That is less true than Canada saying US might invade them so first strike are needed. (The 13 colonies did invade then British Canada.)

As for population male/female ratio, we can try to export the excess males into distant colony or import families from war torn areas.

Edit: maybe even remove stigma against same sex relationships. Or make up a sect of shamans that produces artworks and idols for people to ... "appreciate".

You know what?

This makes a good excuse to do my planned migration thing.

They want to marry, but can't find one? Move to other provinces.

Gah, I want to commit to building watchtowers in all our provinces at some point, but it's hard for the hivemind to commit to any long term actions. Not to mention that it costs us econ.

Mudponies aren't good for anything but peasant work like farming or baking. All hail the Unicorn master race, the only ones who can fight gods on a near-equal footing
Kek
Truly your racism shows no bounds

You also seem to be under the mistaken impression that all Unicorns are Twilights. She is the element of Magic, of course she is powerful.

Besides Pinkie has cartoon physics, your argument is invalid.

Also Fluttershy is 50 pink so she is best pony too >.>
Then again, she certainly fits your avatar at least... (Good ol' CMFIS)
I guess it's been too long but yes, Pinkamena was my avatar for a loong while before this one. >:3
Cosmopolitan Acceptance is pretty clearly part of their society considering how often we see the other races mixing in with them whereas we only rarely see ponies staying with the other races on a semi-permanent basis.
Err there is that one episode, Bridle Gossip, that says otherwise. We don't really see a lot of nonponies mixed in anywhere.

Kiba's Technology Wishlist

Almost all these inventions can all be plausibly invented all the way up to the Iron age and had been invented by ancient civilizations.

Transport:
  • Wagonway - A system of prepared trackway that allows greater haulage by reducing rolling friction. This is the precursor to railway and railroad transportation. First seen used circa 600 BC with the construction of the Diolkos in ancient Greece by the city-state Corinth, for the purpose of transporting ships overland. The wagonway is also used by the romans to transport goods in mines.
  • Cableway - Uses cable for transport. Great for hilly and mountainous terrain. First known instance of cable transport is in ancient China, circa 250 BC.
Communication:
  • Watchtowers - A ubiquitous network of towers would form the foundation for rest-stations and relay system for messengers.
  • Roads - The trails are not yet upgraded to Roman quality roads, yet it can be done with only stone tools. Now we have better tools. Hopefully, there will be an upgrade soon.
  • Homing Pigeon - Can deliver a message one-way over vast distance and speed. However, they cannot carry much and would only go to where their home is. Likely invented by the Persians and spread to the Romans and Greeks. This is complementary to the road system and watchtowers.
  • Talking drums - Used drums for the basis of language, making it possible for drummers to communicate two way across distances. Sound travel very fast, much faster than pigeons. This technology was developed in Africa.
Power:
  • Monjolo - A very simple triphammer device that used running water to perform mechanical power. This means that animals do not have to be used at all. Synergize with aqueducts, which bring running waters to locations where it is needed, including cities and industries.
  • Waterwheel - Self explanatory. This invention made its appearance amongst the Greeks between Third and First century BC. Synergize with other concepts, such as the cableway and wagonway, providing power to pull the ropes.

Last edited:
A note on trails: People seem to be thinking that it will bring the Stallions into line by centralizing them. Just don't forget, it lets them affect our culture as much as it lets us affect them.

Back