Well, no. We have Charity as a trait which asks us to think of others and give them stuff when it's needed. The Xoh are the people who gave stuff to us in the interest of fairness; all we "gave" them back was a trip to see if we could return their priests home before their death, after having learned everything. IIRC none of the priests stayed in their city?

We could maybe get the Fairness trait from the Xoh but we'd have to wait for them to evolve it to be more in line with our values. Or force them to evolve it, through increased positive diplomatic ties...

*shrug* Zealotry in regard to the notion of Harmony, I guess. Restoration of Order has the same level of zealotry in regard to Order.

We could get Sacred War and evolve it into Proselytize, which demands that we send regular trade missions to people whose values don't coincide with our own.

Okay, lets see proposals:
-Fairness - Somewhat unlikely to enable Restore Harmony again, because it prioritizes doing things RIGHT. However, it probably makes Restore Order +2/+1/+0 instead of +2/+1/+0/-1 due to the focus on fairness.
-Sacred War - Currently out due to the Spiritual slot for it being occupied by Observance.

So, Honor traits determine how you win respect in our society. Current known Honor traits are:
-Honorable Death - Dying well accrues status(this is one partial reason why the Stallion Tribes are so much trouble, they are descendants of those who died for the good of the People). Mitigates the Stability cost of human losses as long as the results are good, but increases risktaking behavior because death is not the worst.

-Nobility in Humility - Being proud and boastful diminishes status. Mitigates critical failures as people are less likely to take risks for glory or overrepresent their ability for pride.

-Martial Glory - Success in war accrues status. Mitigates stability loss from extended warfare, but incurs stability loss if a long time goes without fighting.

So what sort of status values might enable that kind of aggressive police action against even kin?
-Something that compounds the status loss of 'sinners' however they are defined might do it. Drawback is encouraging witch hunt, public shaming and a permanent underclass.
-Something that grants status for quality adherence to the social order/legal authority might do it(it's always a possibility due to Policy). The beginnings of nationalism, but with drawback of people being less likely to bring up issues so they can be addressed.

We're more likely to pick up an Honor value for grand constructions or charity though.

It helps that our neighbors would currently have to provoke us for war to start in the first place; if Symphony doesn't outright block us from regaining Sacred War, it certainly makes it much harder to set off, by requiring whoever we attack to have done something to deserve it.
Well, there's probably some sick synergy...and compounded drawback, because the way I see it the both together would pretty much mean that sacred war is unlikely, that Wrong Beliefs is sufficient casus belli on it's own, and that when war is triggered the minimum commitment might be...substantial.

the way I see it the both together would pretty much mean that sacred war is unlikely, that Wrong Beliefs is sufficient casus belli on it's own, and that when war is triggered the minimum commitment might be...substantial.
Yeah.

We might end up hitting someone with a holy war, and when asked "what did they do so that we don't trigger that again," have an answer other civs are a lot less likely to accept than "don't use biowarfare." That could suck.

Finding a different improvement for our stability actions (it doesn't have to be RoO) would be better than trying to recover Sacred War and Restore Harmony, at this point, I think.

Last edited:
Yup, gonna need more rest to figure out these results. Update in fourteen to sixteen hours.
Please be gentle
We're more likely to pick up an Honor value for grand constructions or charity though.
I think (hope) that if we manage to shake the copper belief, we'll get a trait about seeking the truth, which will give us a binus to dodging debilitating beliefs
Observance => The Eye Unclouded
Crow's teachings are not always obvious, and sometimes they are easily misunderstood. We must test that which we learn to ensure that it is correct. Those who do this and do it well should be respected.
Pro: less likely to acquire Foolish beliefs, Scholar class
Con: You're just that little bit more insufferable...

Last edited:
Yeah.

We might end up hitting someone with a holy war, and when asked "what did they do so that we don't trigger that again," have an answer other civs are a lot less likely to accept than "don't use biowarfare." That could suck.

Finding a different improvement for our stability actions (it doesn't have to be RoO) would be better than trying to recover Sacred War and Restore Harmony, at this point, I think.
Where I was going with floating Fairness.

-Something that grants status for quality adherence to the social order/legal authority might do it(it's always a possibility due to Policy). The beginnings of nationalism, but with drawback of people being less likely to bring up issues so they can be addressed.
Law Above All? That... Could work.

We'd be shifting our civ's alignment towards Lawful Neutral instead of Neutral Good.
Didn't you at one point float an idea of enshrining the Law itself as a Spiritual value?

We kinda sorta already have charity, a combo of Humility and Symphony.

What kinda Honor value do you speculate might pop up from grand constructions?

Would it work something like:

-Building something that will last is good.
-Showing your skill in building things great and small is a way to status.

etc

Please be gentle

I think (hope) that if we manage to shake the copper belief, we'll get a trait about seeking the truth, which will give us a binus to dodging debilitating beliefs
Observance => The Eye Unclouded
Crow's teachings are not always obvious, and sometimes they are easily misunderstood. We must test that which we learn to ensure that it is correct. Those who do this and do it well should be respected.
Pro: less likely to acquire Foolish beliefs, Scholar class
Con: You're just that little bit more insufferable...
Ohhh. Ohhh yeah. Sign me UP! Nonmonmnomnonom.

Where I was going with floating Fairness.

Law Above All? That... Could work.

We'd be shifting our civ's alignment towards Lawful Neutral instead of Neutral Good.
Didn't you at one point float an idea of enshrining the Law itself as a Spiritual value?

We kinda sorta already have charity, a combo of Humility and Symphony.

What kinda Honor value do you speculate might pop up from grand constructions?

Would it work something like:

-Building something that will last is good.
-Showing your skill in building things great and small is a way to status.

etc

Ohhh. Ohhh yeah. Sign me UP! Nonmonmnomnonom.
CA is at its heart charitable.

@Abby Normal Yeah so what happened to that nega-nega-negaverse thing?

Last edited:
CA is at its heart charitable.
Natch, thanks for pointing it out.

What do you think the upsides and downsides of the Law are?

The first positive one is that it means folks following the Law is encouraged by prestige, a big human behavioral motivator.

The first big negative however is that if a Law is poorly designed or just bad, injustice could occur.

So i've finally figured out the obvious evolution of the Nega-verse omakes...Nega-verse omakes about the real verse :V

So i've got a fake omake* by "Usual James", one of the players of the Dead Priest universe Nega-SV, about how they think the "Beast Folk" would have responded to finding out about their Wall of Bones, and i was about to write up the fake comments when i realized the obvious solution was to have actual "Beast Folk" players do the responding.

So if anyone wants to pretend to be a parody of themselves, playing a distorted image of our civ as portrayed by a parody-me who loves sacrifice and thinks eqalitarian nature lovers are stupid and prone to failure, let me know :p I'll start up a private conversation with anyone interested and share the fake update. Once the interested people have commented, i'll add in some more Dead Priest players commenting on the complete fake-omake, and then we'll have a complete omake...and proof to @Academia Nut that his comments about "Nega-SV" driving the other civs has spawned something terrible :p

@zamin @Powerofmind @Citino @notgreat You've all done omakes, so would you be interested?

*...an ofake, perhaps? :V

Keep in mind that Symphony's disadvantage tends to show in injustices getting buried and ignored. We need to actively watch out for that.
Yeah...

It's really really nice.

But holy crap ow.

Thoughts on a grand construction honor value.

Do you think it will lead to Castles? :p

Also have:

I also have adorable baby hippo pictures. Want some?

*sucks on lollipop*

Natch, thanks for pointing it out.

The first positive one is that it means folks following the Law is encouraged by prestige, a big human behavioral motivator.

The first big negative however is that if a Law is poorly designed or just bad, injustice could occur.

I do not think of The Law as a thing with downside. It was a straight upgrade from the chaos we had before, based on systematic reasoning and review.

Pretty responses:
The upside of The Law is that The Law is always fair.
The downside of The Law is that "The Law is always fair."

When it becomes a purpose in itself, becomes the mark against which justice itself is judged, The Law becomes a weight rather than a scale.

Ugly responses:
So like, yeah, basically as long as ppl are like "oaky but the law is written to serve a purpose and we should employ the law to serve that purpose" and actually follow through w/ dispensing the law in a non-biased manner (e.g. NOT* disproportionately targeting african americans for marijuana use despite an actual, significantly lower use throughout the whole population) then the Law is perfectly good. But when personal opinion comes between the Law and the Law's intent and between the Law and the Law's dispensation, the Law ceases to be mete; ceases to be just; ceases to fulfill its own purpose.

Thus, any satisfactory Honor trait based in the Law needs to be balanced/shaped by a satisfactory Justice trait; and this very Justice trait needs to be balanced/carried out by an appropriately strong Honor the Law trait.

Edit: Plz post more cute animal pics.

Last edited:
So i've finally figured out the obvious evolution of the Nega-verse omakes...Nega-verse omakes about the real verse :V

So i've got a fake omake* by "Usual James", one of the players of the Dead Priest universe Nega-SV, about how they think the "Beast Folk" would have responded to finding out about their Wall of Bones, and i was about to write up the fake comments when i realized the obvious solution was to have actual "Beast Folk" players do the responding.

So if anyone wants to pretend to be a parody of themselves, playing a distorted image of our civ as portrayed by a parody-me who loves sacrifice and thinks eqalitarian nature lovers are stupid and prone to failure, let me know :p I'll start up a private conversation with anyone interested and share the fake update. Once the interested people have commented, i'll add in some more Dead Priest players commenting on the complete fake-omake, and then we'll have a complete omake...and proof to @Academia Nut that his comments about "Nega-SV" driving the other civs has spawned something terrible :p

@zamin @Powerofmind @Citino @notgreat You've all done omakes, so would you be interested?

Sign me up!

Sorry for double post. I wish for my username to be StiffAngel.

I love reading, plz include me.

Pretty responses:
The upside of The Law is that The Law is always fair.
The downside of The Law is that "The Law is always fair."

When it becomes a purpose in itself, becomes the mark against which justice itself is judged, The Law becomes a weight rather than a scale.

Ugly responses:
So like, yeah, basically as long as ppl are like "oaky but the law is written to serve a purpose and we should employ the law to serve that purpose" and actually follow through w/ dispensing the law in a non-biased manner (e.g. disproportionately targeting african americans for marijuana use despite an actual, significantly lower use throughout the whole population) then the Law is perfectly good. But when personal opinion comes between the Law and the Law's intent and between the Law and the Law's dispensation, the Law ceases to be mete; ceases to be just; ceases to fulfill its own purpose.

Thus, any satisfactory Honor trait based in the Law needs to be balanced/shaped by a satisfactory Justice trait; and this very Justice trait needs to be balanced/carried out by an appropriately strong Honor the Law trait.
The law already has a purpose based around harmony
What is the purpose of law but to ensure the harmony of all people with each other and with the spirits? This is the principle literally carved into the law and placed on display throughout the Land for all to see.
So the law is less"fair" but harmonious

Last edited:
Sign me up!

Sorry for double post. I wish for my username to be StiffAngel.

I love reading, plz include me.

An art patronage tech might get us fancy constructions as a stability booster, no honor-value required.

I'd be happy to provide faux-analytical negaverse commentary, if you want. Not so hot with writing fiction.

Sure, why not? I'm game.

Awesome :) Anyone else want in? @veekie @bluefur87 @DocMatoi @Kiba ?

I am a bit worried about the administrative upgrade causing us to redline centralization.
Looking back - did our last admin tech raise hierarchy?

Hrm. If our centralization does rise, I'd probably vote for the following:

[main] New Province (Eastern Hills)
[secondary] Aqueduct
[secondary] Policy: Infrastructure

Looking back - did our last admin tech raise hierarchy?

Hrm. If our centralization does rise, I'd probably vote for the following:

[main] New Province (Eastern Hills)
[secondary] Aqueduct
[secondary] Policy: Infrastructure
I think it did but Kiba is talking about Cent which I don't remember being affected.

And if hierarchy is raised we are still within tolerance so that's okay. Not good but okay.

Back