Find a campsite in the wilderness
  • Set up a camp and research base in the western wilderness. Pick a deserted area, and fortify/disguise it.
  • Contine with an additional cycle of research (unless one of the tracks has completed by then).
  • Ask Noburi privately about the possibility about keeping comatose ninja captives as chakra batteries
I feel that I have misunderstood the situation. Are we leaving the chakra cave or something?

What specific questions do you want answered?

He likely already used SC while researching Banshee Fuckers, do you want to see this on-screen? I don't think it'll be noteworthy. Or EJ probably would have written it.

Well, I kinda want to see the initial prep research roles on duplicating the cave effects. And/or, Noburi has said he isn't at all certain because it's only been a day of working on it, so I'd like a couple of days to recalibrate.

And for the Kagome part: when would EJ have written it? My understanding is that the only EJ update since we've found out the smoothing effect would allow him to cast it was this past Sunday, in which we instead had EJ give the bamf speech, which is his kryptonite. Writing Kagome have Kagome moments might only be, like, his methadone.

@eaglejarl Is writing Kagome using shadow clone meaningfully for the first time a thing that would interest you to write?

I have big doubt that we'll ever return.
It's a minor TH buff so if we ever find ourselves wanting one we might as well come back.
Before we go, we should ask Mari whether her aura is any stronger after her dip in the pool.
Uhh sure? If I have the WC
Well, I kinda want to see the initial prep research roles on duplicating the cave effects. And/or, Noburi has said he isn't at all certain because it's only been a day of working on it, so I'd like a couple of days to recalibrate
I don't know what this you're asking for. To my knowledge, a "prep research role" does not exist, neither does a roll if that was a misspelling. We did prep days on runes to replicate the effect. What more do you want?

"Wait, let me qualify that. I can't do it right now with any of my basic medical techniques. What I'm saying is that – based on what I think the pool is doing and comparing it to some of the medical ninjutsu Tsunade pulls out on the regular, I'm pretty sure that something like this effect should be replicable with medical ninjutsu. Still… First, I could be wrong about what the pool is doing. Second, I could be wrong about what's possible with medical ninjutsu because I misinterpreted Tsunade. Third, even if both of those are right, I don't know the first thing about ninjutsu creation, much less medical ninjutsu creation. So I'm pretty sure it's possible, but I don't actually see a path to doing it
Noburi is confident he can't do it without TH.
Once Noburi had gathered all the information he thought he could,
Noburi has gathered all the information he can
So our only hope is runes, then?"

"Probably," Noburi said, turning back to the water. "Maybe something lucky pops out, but my guess is no
Noburi thinks the only hope is runes.

Is there something I'm missing here? We don't need to give him more time on this. It's simply not happening.
And for the Kagome part: when would EJ have written it?
Last update, when we wrote into the plan that we were teaching Kagome SC.
We've been here a while, yes, but it's more 2.5 weeks and less 1 month. Are we certain we aren't likely to extract anything more from the cave
Plan has us stay another ~week. So we'll be very close to a month.

I'm certain we aren't likely to extract anything else, there's a small possibility. But it's small.

[X] Action Plan: Journey to the West
Word Count: <299
Desired Duration: Up to 15?(12?) days
  • Sanity check with Uplift
  • Hazou
    • Continue dual tracking Unchained TR150 and Force Domes w/DoB, drop prep as Hazoupilot prefers
    • Continue rerolling both for progress until Hazou has <4 FP, then reroll for safety.
    • Difficulty checks on: Great Seal, Space-Contracting, Earth-Element Focus, Superheater, Distresser, Chakra EMP. Afterwards, if there are additional slots for diff checks, and the Great Seal prep day has not yet rolled a +0 or better, reprep it.
    • After the first cycle, or two cycles if Hazou is on cycles of 4 or fewer days. Leave the grotto, heading west to the border of Wind. Clean up any expended runes, and bury any active ones.
    • Examine the misterator that wouldn't activate.
    • Stick to the chakra budget from the previous plan.
  • Noburi
    • Should prioritize working on SC research, healing Yuno, and lastly teaching Hazou Mednin, in that order.
    • Collect additional data from the chakra water until he thinks we can eventually replicate the effect without returning to the grotto.
  • Kagome
    • Continue working on Banshee Fuckers, coordinate cycles with Hazou so that we don't waste his work by leaving midcycle.
  • Kei+Tenten
    • Prioritize searching the caves for the Otter Scroll (we know this is a long shot). More prosaically, clean up any traces of our battles. They should retreat from any sign of chakravores/magmaspines. Send Canvass with them to help search.
  • Scout a campsite over the far western border of Wind. Outside the EN (technically).
    • Set up a camp and research base in the wilderness. Pick a deserted area, and fortify/disguise it.
    • Continue with an additional cycle of rune research (unless one of the tracks has completed).
    • Ask Noburi privately about the possibility about keeping drained ninja captives as chakra batteries.
    • Ask Mari if there's any difference in her aura from the chakra water.
Plan updated, there is no longer space for an additional scene (where did it all go....)

When can we expect the research from Chapter 681? It would be useful to know e.g. whether we actually finished Icarus, and how far along we are with TR150, even if releasing the difficulty check results takes longer.
It's probably in the queue, though IIRC we haven't gotten the prep day results for a prior batch of prep days either, right?

Back