Voting is open for the next 9 hours, 8 minutes
Last-minute plan comments:

Have Canvass sniff around for any recent ninja tracks.
Will the Hazoōpilot do the smart thing if there's traces of ninja nearby?

Is the smoke escaping a serious visibility concern?
Can we use UGLSPs to capture the smoke before it leaves the cave?

Disguise the cave mouth with SCSA and SSSA
Shouldn't we do this before flushing the cave?

Secure the pool, close off any deeper tunnels with ES/MEW, and set up a trap perimeter outside the cave.
Is using SCSA on the perimeter SOP at this point? If not, we should make sure to do it in this case at least.

Pay attention to unexpected interactions of ES with the chakra in the rocks near the Pool
Are there any other precautions we can take against having a repeat of the last Cave of Mild Peril?

Last-minute plan comments:

Will the Hazoōpilot do the smart thing if there's traces of ninja nearby?

Can we use UGLSPs to capture the smoke before it leaves the cave?

Shouldn't we do this before flushing the cave?

Is using SCSA on the perimeter SOP at this point? If not, we should make sure to do it in this case at least.

Are there any other precautions we can take against having a repeat of the last Cave of Mild Peril?
In order,
Yes
That's the plan
Sure I can change it
I don't see why it wouldn't be
See below
Don't use ES until we're almost ready to leave. Give Hazou/Noburi a chance to study the chakra pool before we risk permanently antagonising the possibility-sapiant landscape.
I think the risk of this is low, and if we do antagonize them, we can fight them off.

If Neji, Tenten, and Lee can kill the golems. Mari, Yuno, Tenten, Kei, Noburi, and Hazou + their combat Summons can do the same.

Last edited:
@Sir Stompy do you think we could see if Noburi can drain a capacitor rune via Misterators, water whip, or if we place the rune in a body of water (or, for that matter, if Noburi can drain the chakra that the capacitor rune gathers into itself as it does so, via the previous methods)?

If so, it might be an nice way to get Noburi topped off. The rune sits in fog, the rune gathers the chakra to absorb, and Noburi drains the chakra via the fog as the rune gathers it.

(Also, we might want to see if sealing the cave water allows it to retain its special properties, or if carrying it to the 7th Path does the same. Probably not, but they're two easy experiments that we'd be foolish not to at least try).

I think the risk of this is low, and if we do antagonize them, we can fight them off.

If Neji, Tenten, and Lee can kill the golems. Mari, Yuno, Tenten, Kei, Noburi, and Hazou + their combat Summons can do the same.
The cave of mild peril could either reshape itself or change our unsummoning location, and may have other weird powers. If we're planning to live in it for weeks, I'd really rather not have it working against us.

Semi - related, the Mild Peril golems won the initiative, but didn't attack until we did. Honestly it seemed friendlier than many humans we've met.

I do want to try to make friendly contact with this cave, but think is should be approached a bit more carefully than "run in casting ES and see what happens".
Something for next plan.

@Sir Stompy: for your convenience
  • Test:
    • does the water retain abilities after being sealed away or transported to the 7th Path
    • Capacitor Rune
      • See if Noburi can drain the rune...
        • Normally
        • Covered by a Misterator (the chakra it gathers to absorb enters the mist, where Noburi's bloodline is active)
        • Rune, placed in a stream/river (as above)
        • The Rune sitting in the cave's chakra water (the properties of the cave water may allow for it)

[X] Action Plan: Another Cavern of Mild Peril?
Use misterators to clear out the cave entrance with Noburi drain while the team guards him.
inb4 Noburi gets pissy because we leaked mist drain to Tenten
Set fires to smoke out the wildlife in the rest of the cave system.
  • Is the smoke escaping a serious visibility concern?
I know you point it out earlier, but I would recommend using UGLSPs to clear out the smoke that makes its way to the surface during this process, not just after the creatures stop showing up. This way reduces the smoke that leaves the cave and prevents people from noticing the fact.
Have him use Vampiric Dew to examine someone's chakra system when it's first submerged in the pool. Is this something he could replicate with the VD?
Suggestion: Replace "him" with "Noburi"; it's ambiguous as-is, even if it is a minor thing.

I actually would prefer we try to chat up the golems or elementals and not like murderize them if some suddenly show up, unless they attack first.

They might have the lore man!

In order,
Yes
That's the plan
Sure I can change it
I don't see why it wouldn't be
OK, thanks.

I don't mean to doubt you, I just don't remember: why couldn't we kill them? Was it because we got split up?

Hey, we did say "Welcome to Team Uplift." He can't really complain. ^_^

I know you point it out earlier, but I would recommend using UGLSPs to clear out the smoke that makes its way to the surface during this process, not just after the creatures stop showing up. This way reduces the smoke that leaves the cave and prevents people from noticing the fact.
This is the point I was trying to make.

I don't see a way to do this besides have Kagome outside the cave looking for escaping smoke, sound good?
GOOD POINT!!! I'll put something in
I don't mean to doubt you, I just don't remember: why couldn't we kill them? Was it because we got split up?
We didn't try. We were terrified of them being actual chakra golems. Unkillable S-Rank monstrosities. We tried bombing them to avoid closing the distance (a bad plan) and then ran away. Yuno and Akane got into a scrape with them and got away, Akane's SC even beat their combat roll I'm pretty sure.

Word Count: 299
Desired Duration: 1(?) day
  • Sanity check with team
    • Privately, ask Noburi if he's willing to share mist drain with Tenten, omit all further mentions if not.
  • Investigate the cave
    • Have Canvass sniff around for recent tracks.
    • Use misterators to clear out the cave entrance with drain while the team guards Noburi.
      • Disguise the cave mouth with SCSA and SSSA
      • Set fires to smoke out the wildlife in the rest of the cave system.
        • Is the smoke escaping a serious visibility concern?
        • Ask Kagome to capture escaping smoke with UGLSP
      • Give everyone TF and UGLSP
      • Drain the beasts as they come into range. Take care to leave anything with uncommonly large reserves alive.
      • Set up killzones with Force Walls to funnel additional beasts into skyslicers.
      • Prepare blinds in the walls for Kei and Tenten to fight from.
      • Set up cover and Substitution targets for the melee fighters.
    • Once the creatures have stopped coming, clear the smoke with UGLSP. Then the team goes in to clear out any remaining wildlife.
      • Discuss seal usage, Banshee Fuckers/explosives might be dangerous to use. Or just too loud.
      • Each Summoner can choose a single Summon. Prioritize Summons with additional senses or tunneling expertise.
        • Bring Cansaku, arrange a deal with him.
    • Secure the pool, close off any deeper tunnels with ES/MEW, and set up a trap perimeter outside the cave.
      • Pay attention to unexpected interactions of ES with the chakra in the rocks near the pool
      • Observe and document the effects of the water on the chakra system with chakrascope/MS 8 with the aim of replicating it with a rune, lean on Noburi here. He's the medical expert.
    • Have Noburi use Vampiric Dew to examine someone's chakra system when they're first submerged. Is this something he could replicate?
    • Look for any fungi and plants with medical properties
Okay, we are down to 299 words and ready to go.

Okay, we are down to 299 words and ready to go.
Please cut the mentions of ES. We can seal exits just fine with MEW.

I'm very interested in interacting with the Cave if it's Sentient/Sapient, and don't want to start by having Hazou randomly antagonise it with no plan beyond "see what happens".

Cut the ES. We'll put it in the next plan once we're had a chance to assess, and have the wordcount and attention available to do it right.

Please cut the mentions of ES. We can seal exits just fine with MEW.

I'm very interested in interacting with the Cave if it's Sentient/Sapient, and don't want to start by having Hazou randomly antagonise it with no plan beyond "see what happens".

Cut the ES. We'll put it in the next plan once we're had a chance to assess, and have the wordcount and attention available to do it right.
I think it's very likely to be useful for Hazou understanding the pool and how it works, that's the goal this update. I don't think it's likely that it provokes a fight. I'm keeping it.

Over an entire cave system? Doesn't seem likely to work.

Also, side note, those old action plans are impossible to read lol. 1.3k words
Is there more than one entrance? I had been running on the assumption there was only one...

If so, I am now a bit more concerned about smoking the place out, if only to reduce the risk of people finding us. We've multiple Jonin and Chunin plus summoners, random chakra monsters aren't a high risk at this point.

Is there more than one entrance? I had been running on the assumption there was only one...

If so, I am now a bit more concerned about smoking the place out, if only to reduce the risk of people finding us. We've multiple Jonin and Chunin plus summoners, random chakra monsters aren't a high risk at this point.
I think there's only one entrance (dossier would say for sure) but even so, it's not necessarily airtight otherwise. There will be cracks and the like, I don't particularly expect 300 visible smoke plumes. But 3-4 seems reasonable.

I think there's only one entrance (dossier would say for sure) but even so, it's not necessarily airtight otherwise. There will be cracks and the like, I don't particularly expect 300 visible smoke plumes. But 3-4 seems reasonable.
Then I would still recommend putting the suggest filters on the cave entrance, if only because it would be the largest. It costs us little to do so, in terms of time.

@Sir Stompy do you think we could see if Noburi can drain a capacitor rune via Misterators, water whip, or if we place the rune in a body of water (or, for that matter, if Noburi can drain the chakra that the capacitor rune gathers into itself as it does so, via the previous methods)?

If so, it might be an nice way to get Noburi topped off. The rune sits in fog, the rune gathers the chakra to absorb, and Noburi drains the chakra via the fog as the rune gathers it.

(Also, we might want to see if sealing the cave water allows it to retain its special properties, or if carrying it to the 7th Path does the same. Probably not, but they're two easy experiments that we'd be foolish not to at least try).
How are we verifying there's no nature chakra in it and accidentally killing Noburi?

One of our sensor seals (either Kagome's Chakrascope or the MS one) should be able to give us a readout of the chakra makeup
Hazou barely knows what nature chakra is, and it's never been clarified Minato knew either. His notes did not say it distinguishes "human chakra and animal/nature chakra" it says it detects "environmental chakra". According to the Sages/Oro environmental chakra is just a mixture of a bunch of types, and human coils naturally filter out the usable bits. If Noburi just sucks up the slurry of random bullshit pulled out of the air there's no telling what will happen to him. I strongly recommend we not do this (and yall KNOW I love taking risks.) It puts Noburi in a ton of unnecessary danger

Then I would still recommend putting the suggest filters on the cave entrance, if only because it would be the largest. It costs us little to do so, in terms of time
I can't figure out what this filter is supposed to be, according to the linked update it was a UGLSP set on top of an igloo to catch the smoke. That's not really applicable.

We could set some UGLSPs at the cave entrance to catch smoke and narrow it so that they cover it fully...I'm not seeing anything else.

Although I still do not know where I am going to find the word count

I think it's very likely to be useful for Hazou understanding the pool and how it works, that's the goal this update. I don't think it's likely that it provokes a fight. I'm keeping it.
It's a one day plan about securing the area.

And even if it doesn't start a fight, I want Hazoupilot to have a least a tiny bit of instructions when making contact with it, like "try to communicate, don't attack unless it does".

We can start with the ES tomorrow, and it will be something to plan about beyond "do 2 weeks research while huddled in cave".

Voting is open for the next 9 hours, 8 minutes
Back