Not sure I like the global mechanic.

It seems like a way to force a confrontation by having both sides go for it when the dc gets low enough.

Unless we or they go for it with low success chances and get lucky.

I think it would make more sense if the involved parties had a starting point of like 500 then it gets reduced for each faction based on their actions.

Like we would get reductions for having star appear in our territory from that rer, recruiting Janna, recruiting Tom, doing twelfth night and meeting Angela, recruiting Marco, the two Celina the shy divinations, and the various search for star personals.

And toffee and whoever else is looking would get reductions based on whatever they've done in the background.

The way it is now we just need to get a lead then wait for toffee to lower the dc enough for us to put our best people on it and do whatever search for star personals to lower the dc.

Negotiating with the Council

The council has begun to make their opinions known. But in addition to opinions, councilors also have interests. And if you support those interests, they may be willing to… budge, a bit.

Councilors who are Abstaining can typically be convinced to change their mind. Those vetoing an action are much, much harder to move. Just let us know an action you want to take that's currently forbidden, and we'll let you know what each councilor would demand in order to… switch sides.

Attempting to welch on an agreement is a very bad idea. Not only will it show your councilors that your word isn't worth anything, it will severely anger whoever you made a deal with, causing effects from a loyalty loss to vetoing everything out of pure spite. Consider what you offer carefully.

Oh. You…you almost forgot.

[ ] Search for Agent Unknown

DC 80
Locating and returning this… Unknown Agent to the world will require you to find some sort of source or focus capable of drawing him back to the world, then using it as a beacon. Can't be that hard, right?

Council Outlook: 3/4 (Pass)
Coyote: A retcon? But if we have a lead on them…it wouldn't do to leave a trail unturned. (Pass)
Goofy: If there's someone in trouble, we should help 'em! No matter if we remember 'em or not! (Pass)
Janus Lee: I absolutely refuse to accept that something touched my mind in such a way. This had better not be one of your flights of fancy, Doctor… (Abstain)
Mirage: This all sounds a bit unbelievable, but I don't have much occult experience. (Abstain)
Ludivine: Not de weirdest ting I've dealt with. (Pass)
Malifishmertz: Oh, that's bad juju. If you don't remember them, then they probably aren't important! (Veto)

Outcome: Light a torch.

Potential Vetoes

[ ] Shore up Olympia
DC 125

If we so choose, we could instead throw our resources behind the heir apparent of Olympia, Winston Deavor. Having the implicit backing of another megacorp is likely to keep Winston shielded from the brunt of the chaos and allow him to solidify his newfound leadership, but it would come at the expense of our own time and money with little apparent benefit save for goodwill.

Council Outlook: 1/3 (Veto)
Coyote: Seems a touch… overly altruistic. (Veto)
Goofy: We should help a friend in need! (Pass)
Janus Lee: I admire the impulse but this isn't worth it. (Veto)
Mirage: I… it's not the most profitable move, but I can't bring myself to go against it. (Abstain)
Ludivine: Call me when we heah what sorta tech dey got. (Abstain)
Malifishmirtz: Ick, helping people for free. I guess if you're sure you can get some use out of it… maybe. (Abstain)[/SPOILER]

[ ] Investigate the Cat Mafia
DC 120

The power vacuum left behind after the human elements were removed from the underworld left a gap waiting to be filled by something distinctly more feline. The so-called 'Kataclysm', the attack on the city perpetuated by superpowered cats, ended in failure but still left the 'Cat Mafia' in the position to slowly recoup their losses and take back power. There has been an upset in recent months, however- some unknown actor is making moves.

Council Outlook: 2/5 (Veto)
Coyote: This again? (Pass)
Goofy: Aw, those kitties need a spray bottle! (Pass)
Janus Lee: We could focus on the human elements instead… No I'm not 'avoiding responsibility', anyone would have injected that cat! (Veto)
Mirage: All evidence suggests the cats are on the back foot. I'd recommend looking into whoever did that to them. (Abstain)
Ludivine: We were invaded by cats? I don't believe you. (Veto)
Malifishmirtz: Why do we have to worry about cats? Spitzenhounds are way more intimidating, and I haven't seen one anywhere nearby! (Veto)

Outcome: Unlock actions to deal with the Cat Mafia

Could we get the offers for these two action's vetoes / abstains?

So, question about the whole "looking for Star" thing. So, as I understand it, reducing the DC represents making it harder for Star to stay hidden, no matter who is looking. So actually going around and looking for her will have that effect, no matter who does it.

But, say we get some sort of lead on where she is, say, because we asked Celena. Would that give us a temporary advantage? Say, instead of reducing the global DC, it gives us a boost to our attempts to search? This would still reduce the global DC in the end, but it does supply some temporary advantage that could make this less of a head on collision.

Because let's face it, Toffee is kind of obsessed with this. It's a top priority for him, and he specifically hired Demona to look for Star full time. There is no "jump on it before Toffee does," because he'll be jumping on it as much as possible. Why wouldn't he?

Non-Practicing Practitioner might apply to looking for Agent Unknown. Might want to swap so Gomez looks for Russ and Janna does BMT.

Yeah, but like I said, I don't want to reassign any of them from personals. Zootopia can wait until we meet Bellwether and have an IC reason to get involved.
I think that's a really bad decision. National actions have a much higher expected return (even small ones) than even large Personal actions. We could do Zootopia with no hero unit and that would still be a better decision than just blowing that action slot.

Imagine what it will be like

Russ begins to rematerialize, everyone begins to remember him. Something goes wrong and he can't quite make it out and begins to fade again.

"Come on Russ." Doofenshmirtz shouts. "We need to you to save the Declaration of Independence!"

With a shattering noise Russ bursts though into our world and is already halfway to DC before anyone can react.

Russ would be good on that quest. He has a occult score.

He could be the leader with Monogram and some others in the group.

Last edited:

The council has begun to make their opinions known. But in addition to opinions, councilors also have interests. And if you support those interests, they may be willing to… budge, a bit.

Councilors who are Abstaining can typically be convinced to change their mind. Those vetoing an action are much, much harder to move. Just let us know an action you want to take that's currently forbidden, and we'll let you know what each councilor would demand in order to… switch sides.
Also, presumably, some combination of actions and external events could change the councillors' opinion about the advisability of making certain moves. If councilors' objections are fundamentally grounded in real problems like "we aren't prepared to do this" or "it's cool but not profitable," then if we take actions to prepare, or to make it more profitable, that might help.

For instance, right now our council is opposed to restarting the Doofenshmirtz Evil Space Program.

But if we bought out WyndComm to give us some actual position in the industry (which the Council would accept)... And if we developed GalFed sublight drives (which the Council would accept)... suddenly, we'd have a comparative advantage in the industry and a starting point, and that might change some of the councillors' minds, right?

Russ would be good on that quest. He has a occult score.

He could be the leader with Monogram and some others in the group.
He would also be wonderfully motivated.

Last edited:
Wait… If we mess up the badly enough on the Search for Star action, would the DC increase? As in, it's so obvious that we're looking for her she hides even better? Or what if we actively make it harder for people to find Star, it'll obviously piss off Marco and Tom and everyone else searching for her if/when they find out, but she has to be hiding for a good reason right?

but she has to be hiding for a good reason right?
She's hiding because she doesn't want to be found. Her friends take issue with it. Typical self-sacrificing Hero stuff.

Helping her friends find her isn't really the issue here, that's pretty unambiguously a good thing to do.

Last edited:
So, as an aside, I think I should point out that lighting a beacon to help beings stranded in the dream realm enter material reality might have side effects.

Yeah, it also might catch the attention of the dream queen or similar beings. But we are still doing it, because we want our spy back! And no queen or demon is stopping us!

Edit: also something that might have to be said, doing this action might not mean we are getting Russ back immediately, just that he knows we're to go, we might be just doing half the job, the rest would be up to him.

Last edited:
Negotiation for [ ] Shore Up Olympia
Mirage: If I'm willing to support this, doctor, I… I need to know we're not letting ourselves fall behind. Show me we're growing as our own company, and I'll allow it.
Mirage will require you to take at least 3 actions this turn which progress your business standing. She will accept:
-Acquiring Companies
-Forming or Executing Agreements with other Corporations
-Researching Technologies that advance an [Industry]

Ludivine: Ludivine demands that you perform [ ] Research sublight drives within the next 3 turns!

Mal: Malifishmirtz demands you spend 4 Funds and a (150/150) Personal action to build him a wizard tower of the side of DEI Headquarters within the next 4 turns! He does not care that he already has a castle.
Malifishmirtz will be upset if unavoidable circumstances prevent you from completely finishing his tower on time, though not as much as a full welch.

Negotiation for [ ] Investigate the Kat Mafia
Mirage insists that you take this [ ] Investigate the Doofanian Underworld this turn as well if she is to support this action.

===

[ ] Investigate the Doofanian Underworld
DC 130

*Someone* has been moving into your underground, and doing a good enough job of it that it's been pushing the superpowered cats back in force. That seems like someone you need to get a handle on.

Council Outlook: 4/5 (Pass)
Coyote: [exaggerated eye roll] (Veto)
Goofy: Aw, somethin' smells and it ain't ma feet. (Pass)
Janus Lee: If we must. This would be better left to the police, or the national guard. (Pass)
Mirage: By all means Doctor, it concerns me as well. (Pass)
Ludivine: I suppose eet's worth a shot. (Abstain)
Malifishmirtz: [excited to use his shepard's spies again] (Pass)

Outcome: Determine the identity of your underworld faction, unlock options to deal with them.

Imagine what it will be like

Russ begins to rematerialize, everyone begins to remember him. Something goes wrong and he can't quite make it out and begins to fade again.

"Come on Russ." Doofenshmirtz shouts. "We need to you to save the Declaration of Independence!"

With a shattering noise Russ bursts though into our world and is already halfway to DC before anyone can react.
"I have seen horrors I can never unsee..."
"Someone stole the declaration of Independence."
"...I'll think about it later."

[ ] Investigate the Doofanian Underworld
DC 130

*Someone* has been moving into your underground, and doing a good enough job of it that it's been pushing the superpowered cats back in force. That seems like someone you need to get a handle on.

Council Outlook: 4/5 (Pass)
Coyote: [exaggerated eye roll] (Veto)
Goofy: Aw, somethin' smells and it ain't ma feet. (Pass)
Janus Lee: If we must. This would be better left to the police, or the national guard. (Pass)
Mirage: By all means Doctor, it concerns me as well. (Pass)
Ludivine: I suppose eet's worth a shot. (Abstain)
Malifishmirtz: [excited to use his shepard's spies again] (Pass)

Outcome: Determine the identity of your underworld faction, unlock options to deal with them.
I didn't see this action in the turn post, can we do this even if we don't end up doing the Kat Mafia investigation?

Making a full plan is a little beyond me at the moment, but I am going to highlight some stuff that I think is worth pursuing and why.

Martial:
[ ] Reorganize your PMC
[ ] Form a black ops group
These are both pretty basic ramping up actions. The first gives us more actions, the second helps us hit higher DCs.

Diplomacy:
[ ] Form a Research Agreement with the Zaibatsu
Doing something genetic/mediciney with Sycorax would be a nice way to get in on the clone Amara storyline and probably gain an ally. We've got the genetic chops for it, too.

Stewardship:
[ ] Develop Civilian AI
This'll take a while to payoff, but it's another ramping up action. Exact reward is unclear but it should be good.

Intrigue:
[ ] Steal the Odd Robot
Related to the odd transmissions quest, which we really need to hurry up on.

Learning:
[ ] Decode Odd Transmissions
Gotta get on this. Either this or steal the robot and do this soon after. Fireball series is a significant enough faction that we want to get on this ASAP.

Occult:
[ ] Search for Agent Unknown
Come back, Russ!

Personals:
Doof - as much as I hate to say it, we should wait one turn on Norm introspection to get rid of that -10 first.
Lizzy - [ ] Hang out with Janna
We've been hinted at that they need to hang out more outside of quests.
Alan - [ ] Transfer files off of DoofOS
I think if he doesn't do this major cyber characters are likely to permadie.

Last edited:
Mirage will require you to take at least 3 actions this turn which progress your business standing. She will accept:
-Acquiring Companies
-Forming or Executing Agreements with other Corporations
-Researching Technologies that advance an [Industry]
Looking at these requirements, our martial/intrigue/occult actions can't do anything and some are functionally locked in as is. This leaves Diplomacy, Stewardship, and Learning if we want to fill Mirage's wants.

So 5 actions (6 if using Monogram in one of these) need to be used for this as we would be dedicating one to propping up Olympia as is. The below would be trying to figure out the best fitting options and trying to plan accordingly.

Diplomacy: This is just various forming agreements with other corporations and is a question of if we want to do 1 or 2. I'm assuming 1 currently just since Cruella should be a fairly useful hero based on stats in terms of shoring up problems, and if anyone can give us the excuse once we have more knowledge to help avoid the hats, it would honestly be the skilled fashionista.

Stewardship: I'm assuming that we don't rebuild Sinatron this turn since we only need 1 to avoid Olympia to avoid hitting a power struggle and we only have so many stewardship actions available. Diecast Robotics and hostile takeovers like Hoppers are the relevant actions for fulfilling the potential requirement.

Learning: The ones that probably fit best for our current options synergy wise are Research cures for genetic diseases, research exotic vehicles, and research silphium in terms of technologies that advance an industry that we have decent potential interests in due to hero units or extra side benefits included like with opening up more genetics options.

Malf's end is a terrible idea since at least Mirage's are largely actions we want anyways while not costing 4 funds. Ludivine's end probably isn't worth it since even without the potential Gal Fed scrutiny, the heavy aggression from the aerospace industry when trying to enter is likely not worth it when multiple other fields to enter seemingly with less aggressive pushback exist.

So with all of that in mind, do we want to keep to the Sinatron fix for Olympia or do we want to try and swap the order of when we're doing some actions accordingly to make this work? In practice, if we were already doing Hoppers and a agreement with another company, its mostly about reorganizing how we're doing our learning action order.

Back